Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colbert vs. Trump
(05-07-2017, 09:21 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: If Hannity or anybody on the Right said anything like what Colbert said about Obama, every media outlet would have crucified him, shamed him and he would be fired from every single show he is on(I know he's on the radio and tv but don't know if he's anywhere else).

No they would not.

Put away your victim card snowflake.

Or maybe you right wing type just thinkit is worse to have sex with another man than to "destroy the United States".
(05-08-2017, 09:09 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Not "subserviant".  Just deeply in love.

Either is bad for the President of the US and Putin.

Would you consider it an insult if Colbert had said "bicycle seat for Benazir Bhutto" instaed?   Or would you have considered it a compliment that Trump would be able to score with the leader of Pakistan?

I typed a similar response last night and gave up on it.

If Colbert had said the only thing Trump's mouth is good for is planting deep, sensual kisses on Putin's arse would that be better or worse?

Kiss on the lips? Better or worse?

Much ado about nothing.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-07-2017, 10:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: I remember when they couldn't say the word "pregnant" on television, or show a married couple in the same bed, because of what it might do to poor little Johnny and Jane's fragile minds and moral compass.

My comment was directed at Colbert, not about fcc rules. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-08-2017, 12:19 PM)Millhouse Wrote: My comment was directed at Colbert, not about fcc rules. 

I know.  

My comment was directed at how just because he was crasser than in the past times change.
While Colbert is hilarious and I watch his show if you want to see some really funny Trump bashing watch Seth Meyers.
(05-08-2017, 09:09 AM)fredtoast Wrote: 1) Not "subserviant".  Just deeply in love.

2) Either is bad for the President of the US and Putin.

3) Would you consider it an insult if Colbert had said "bicycle seat for Benazir Bhutto" instaed?   Or would you have considered it a compliment that Trump would be able to score with the leader of Pakistan?

1) Bring it up with yourself. I mean Dino; as he was the one that classified the act as subservient

2) Yes, it is better not to love your fellow man. We should hate all foreign rulers

30 I would consider the remarks to be sexist. ONCE AGAIN. I have NEVER said I find Cobert's remarks to be insulting.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

I do understand why there is such outrage. This is the first time a word has been bleeped out on TV.

So the snowflakes do have reason to whine and cry
(05-08-2017, 01:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have NEVER said I find Cobert's remarks to be insulting.

Yes you did.  You clearly called it an insult.
(05-07-2017, 07:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps you and Colbert see eye to eye on that.

(05-08-2017, 01:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1) Bring it up with yourself. I mean Dino; as he was the one that classified the act as subservient

Now I am confused.  When did Colbert say it was "subserviant"
(05-08-2017, 01:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2) Yes, it is better not to love your fellow man. We should hate all foreign rulers

I can love my fellow man without being in a loving relationship with him.  Sorry i did not make myself clear, but almostr everyone else knows exactly what I mean.

Trump should not be in a loving relationship with Putin for the same reason that A judge should not be in a loving relationship-0 with a lawyer that practices in front of him.her, or a boss should not be in a loving relationship with an employee.

These issues are called "conflicts of interest".  Most people understand them.  And most people agree that our President should not be in alovimg relationship with the leader of an opposing country.
(05-08-2017, 01:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Now I am confused.  When did Colbert say it was "subserviant"

Colbert did not.  I proposed that his initial statement was not homophobic but rather a act of deep love from Trump to Putin.  On second thought I added that it could also be seen as Trump being subservient to Putin if one looked at the act that way.

(05-07-2017, 12:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: Is it an insult to imply two men have a homosexual love for one another?

If you think it is then you think it's an insult.

I think it was used to show the intimate closeness of their relationship.

Edit: Was thinking a little more and it could also be used to show Trump's subservience to Putin.  Also an insult, but not homophobic unless you think the act itself is bad and homophobic.
(05-08-2017, 01:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes you did.  You clearly called it an insult.

Then you should have no problem finding where I said it. Please do.

(05-08-2017, 02:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can love my fellow man without being in a loving relationship with him.  Sorry i did not make myself clear, but almostr everyone else knows exactly what I mean.

How do you know almost everyone else knew what you meant?

I'm pretty sure it's gotten to a point where most just skip you posts entirely, unless it's a direct response.  

(05-08-2017, 02:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How do you know almost everyone else knew what you meant?

Because I deal with the issue of "conflicts of interest" on a daily basis and in the thousands of times the issue has come up over the years not once has a person said "I have no problem with the opposing counsel blowing the judge over the break because I feel we should all love our fellow man".
(05-08-2017, 02:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm pretty sure it's gotten to a point where most just skip you posts entirely, unless it's a direct response.  

Everyone reads all of my posts.

But if you are feeling triggered maybe you should go to your safe space for a while..
(05-08-2017, 02:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Then you should have no problem finding where I said it. Please do.

Post #28 in this thread........http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-PESD?page=2

"I see it at homophobic as his intent was to insult Trump and to do so he accused him of participating in homosexual activity."
(05-08-2017, 03:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Everyone reads all of my posts.

But if you are feeling triggered maybe you should go to your safe space for a while..

Not sure there was anything in your post to trigger anyone. I'm just waiting for you to show me where I classified Colbert's comments as an insult.

Didnt sarah palin mock the idea of running with DJT on late night TV once?  

How disrespectful of her.  
(05-08-2017, 03:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Post #28 in this thread........http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-PESD?page=2

"I see it at homophobic as his intent was to insult Trump and to do so he accused him of participating in homosexual activity."

this is what bfine said Wrote:I see it at homophobic as his intent was to insult Trump and to do so he accused him of participating in homosexual activity.

I will let someone else with a higher level of reading comprehension that you explain what is actually being said in that quote.

I would do it, but you would reply in Dino character with a meme of some sort.

(05-08-2017, 03:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I will let someone else with a higher level of reading comprehension that you explain what is actually being said in that quote.

I would do it, but you would reply in Dino character with a meme of some sort.

insult: noun, an offensive comment or action

to insult: verb, to say or do something offensive

insulting: adjective, describes or modifies a noun as offensive

An insult is insulting by its' very definition. If an insult wasn't insulting it wouldn't be an insult.

If you believe Colbert's intent was "to insult" Trump that means you believe the joke was an insult and therefore insulting. Unless you would like to explain why an insult isn't insulting.