Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colbert vs. Trump
(05-08-2017, 03:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I will let someone else with a higher level of reading comprehension that you explain what is actually being said in that quote.

I would do it, but you would reply in Dino character with a meme of some sort.

You said you thought it was an insult because accusing a man of being a homosexual is an insult.

If you did not think accusing a man of being a homosexual was an insult then why would you say that accusing a man of being a homosexual is an insult?

BTW congrqatulatiosn for not just falling back of "PESD!!!"  You still refuse to comment on the facts and resort to nothing but snark, but at least you are kicking one of your addictions.
(05-08-2017, 04:40 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: [Image: 18222039_10158554979620702_1818124237301...e=5985B490]

Classic example of an Age of Enlightenment crossdressingphobic joke intended to insult Trump without actually being insulting.
(05-08-2017, 06:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1) You said you thought it was an insult because accusing a man of being a homosexual is an insult.

2) If you did not think accusing a man of being a homosexual was an insult then why would you say that accusing a man of being a homosexual is an insult?

3) BTW congrqatulatiosn for not just falling back of "PESD!!!"  You still refuse to comment on the facts and resort to nothing but snark, but at least you are kicking one of your addictions.

1) No I didn't; I said it was homophobic. You didn't get that comprehension help did you?

2) Because Colbert's intent was to insult; I cannot explain this further. You can wish I said something all you want; however, that doesn't mean I said it. It just means you're making stuff up.

3) I have no idea how I am refusing to comment on the facts by commenting on Colbert's words about Trump in a thread titled Colbert vs. Trump. Seems like you are more concerned with what I said than what Colbert said; but that's most likely on topic. Is this like when you accused me of "squealing about PESD" in a thread titles PESD?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-08-2017, 06:42 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Classic example of an Age of Enlightenment crossdressingphobic joke intended to insult Trump without actually being insulting.

He does cut quite a figure in that gown.

I was hoping to insult Trump, but now I'm sort of aroused. Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(05-08-2017, 07:23 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: He does cut quite a figure in that gown.

I was hoping to insult Trump, but now I'm sort of aroused. Ninja

OMG! FAT SHAMING!

It's all good. Your insults aren't insulting.
(05-08-2017, 04:40 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: [Image: 18222039_10158554979620702_1818124237301...e=5985B490]

Is this meme implying Trump can't have his cake and eat it, too?

Or is it saying Trump is France's b!tch?

If Colbert told a cross dressing Trump to shut his "c**k" holster would that be sexist or homophobic while not being insulting?
(05-07-2017, 09:21 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The Right will be outraged while the Left will applaud and when someone on the Right says anything about someone on the Left then the Left will be outraged and the Right will applaud.

What should be happening is that no matter who it is and where their ideology stands, they should shamed and fired. If Hannity or anybody on the Right said anything like what Colbert said about Obama, every media outlet would have crucified him, shamed him and he would be fired from every single show he is on(I know he's on the radio and tv but don't know if he's anywhere else).

You see, this is why every person on the Right believes the Cable News Networks and the Big three are biased against the Right. Colbert should have been fired by now and every News outlet should have been calling for him to be fired. That has not happened...at all.

We have a big problem in this country and that problem is that both the Left and the Right get their news from the opinion shows and Op-Ed's. They flock to those who they agree with and take everything they say as gospel. There are no more "News" shows, it's all opinion.

Infinitely worse was said about Obama for 8 years, in the guise of it being "news" and not opinion. Wake up dude!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(05-08-2017, 08:47 PM)xxlt Wrote: Infinitely worse was said about Obama for 8 years, in the guise of it being "news" and not opinion. Wake up dude!

Umm this is the era of Trump. We voted Trump because we were sick of the snowflakes and political correctness bullshit.

Now i demand you call for the head of the comedian who made a joke about dear leader Trump.
(05-08-2017, 09:22 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Umm this is the era of Trump. We voted Trump because we were sick of the snowflakes and political correctness bullshit.

Now i demand you call for the head of the comedian who made a joke about dear leader Trump.

I'm not sure there is any need to call for his head; as he made no threats and really just made himself look ignorant. If you don't like what he has to say your TV should have more than one channel.

But he has an audience; as there is a population out there that find homophobic comments to be entertainment. As for me. The next time I watch his show for more than a passing moment will be the first time.

(05-08-2017, 07:29 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: OMG!  FAT SHAMING!

It's all good. Your insults aren't insulting.

Fat shaming?

No way. He looks way better in a dress than J. Edgar Hoover!
(05-08-2017, 10:23 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Fat shaming?

No way. He looks way better in a dress than J. Edgar Hoover!

That's because Trump knows how to accessorize. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Soooo..... I may have missed it, but has Trump commented directly on this ?
If not, then how can we determine if it was an insult ?
It would be up to the target of the comment to determine categorization, no ?
Regardless, this was a trap for Trump.
A. It is likely perceived as an insult, by the majority of the public. (Trump being married to a woman *as far as we know*)
B. If Trump rants about being insulated by it, he shows his true feelings about LGBT...(not sure if we're still doing Q or anything else, seriously) peoples.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(05-08-2017, 11:14 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Soooo..... I may have missed it, but has Trump commented directly on this ?
A. It is likely perceived as an insult, by the majority of the public. (Trump being married to a woman *as far as we know*)
B. If Trump rants about being insulated by it, he shows his true feelings about LGBT...(not sure if we're still doing Q or anything else, seriously) peoples.

I stand by what I said. I'd hit that. It's only natural that Putin would see Trump in that outfit and feel the same way.
(05-08-2017, 11:14 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Soooo..... I may have missed it, but has Trump commented directly on this ?

No he has not.

He is busy tweeting about #fakenews and trying to intimidate a witness before congress.

And since he did not call this fake news we have to assume it is true.

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Think of all the names you've been called.

From C***sucker to Ahole to SOB to MFer to B****rd.

Did you take ANY of them LITERALLY?  Would being called a MFer make you think the insulter implied you believe in incest for example?  

Didn't think so.

Has nothing to do with anything homophobic unless you force that down someone's throat.

(See what I did there?) 

Carry on....
(05-08-2017, 07:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1) No I didn't; I said it was homophobic. You didn't get that comprehension help did you?

Yeah I got that.

And the only possible way you could come to that conclusion would be if you thought it would be an insult to accuse a man of being homosexual.

If I accuse someone of "acting like O. J. Simpson" what kind of person is going to say that is an ansult because I accused someone of acting like a black man?  Only a total racist would come to that conclusion.  Everyone who was not a racists would see that I was accusing someone of acting like a murdering criminal.

Then the racists would be left crying "I didn't say it was an insult to be compared to a black man.  I said YOU are a racist for comparing him to a black man.  Get it?  I am not a racist for beleiving it is an insult to compare anyone to a black person.  Everyone knows it is an insult to compare someone to a black person.  I am just pointing out how racist YOU are for doing that."
(05-09-2017, 09:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah I got that.

And the only possible way you could come to that conclusion would be if you thought it would be an insult to accuse a man of being homosexual.

If I accuse someone of "acting like O. J. Simpson" what kind of person is going to say that is an ansult because I accused someone of acting like a black man?  Only a total racist would come to that conclusion.  Everyone who was not a racists would see that I was accusing someone of acting like a murdering criminal.

Then the racists would be left crying "I didn't say it was an insult to be compared to a black man.  I said YOU are a racist for comparing him to a black man.  Get it?  I am not a racist for beleiving it is an insult to compare anyone to a black person.  Everyone knows it is an insult to compare someone to a black person.  I am just pointing out how racist YOU are for doing that."
This post right here needs to go into the Fred Hall of Fame. I believe intending to insult someone by accusing them of engaging in homosexual activity using crass words is homophobic. Somehow in Fred logic and his inability to grasp anything other than the simplest of concepts this becomes me being a racist.

It is true that the new definition of racist is: A conservative that betters a liberal in a debate.

(05-09-2017, 09:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: This post right here needs to go into the Fred Hall of Fame. I believe intending to insult someone by accusing them of engaging in homosexual activity using crass words is homophobic. Somehow in Fred logic and his inability to grasp anything other than the simplest of concepts this becomes me being a racist.

It is true that the new definition of racist is: A conservative that betters a liberal in a debate.

Do only homosexuals partake is said activity?  Nervous

Asking for a friend....
(05-09-2017, 09:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: This post right here needs to go into the Fred Hall of Fame. I believe intending to insult someone by accusing them of engaging in homosexual activity using crass words is homophobic. Somehow in Fred logic and his inability to grasp anything other than the simplest of concepts this becomes me being a racist.

Simmer down, Kettle. It was an analogy, not an accusation.
(05-09-2017, 10:04 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Simmer down, Kettle. It was an analogy, not an accusation.

Not sure how you ascertained that I was simmered up in my reply; nor how I became a kettle. But you do you.