Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cole Hikutini- T.E. Louisville
Another player not projected to go until the 4th or 5th, but will be an absolute steal for whoever gets him. His strange pathway through to Louisville has him off a lot of radars. With Eifert's back issues, he would be a good mid round pick..... he has great hands, good route runner and gets lots of YAC....

Reply/Quote
He probably will move up to 2nd or 3rd with a good combine
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 06:53 PM)Diligence Wrote: He probably will move up to 2nd or 3rd with a good combine

doubt it between butt leggett Howard there a lot of good tight ends this year 
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals do need another tight end. They will probably resign Tyler eifert but I have doubts that he can stay healthy and it's worth the
price.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 08:20 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think the Bengals do need another tight end. They will probably resign Tyler eifert but I have doubts that he can stay healthy and it's worth the
price.

I have no doubt they will resign Tyler, and would be upset if they didn't. Tight End is a position that is difficult to stay healthy in. We need a backup with good hands. Hikutini could be that backup, and should be there in the 3rd round....which would be a steal. He's a big reason Louisville was putting up 50-60 points a game. With Eifert and Hikutini in a two tight end set it would be a nightmare to defend.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 08:20 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think the Bengals do need another tight end. They will probably resign Tyler eifert but I have doubts that he can stay healthy and it's worth the
price.

I like the TEs we have (Kroft, Eifert, and Uzomah) and also Hewitt as a guy that can play TE or H-Back, but the problem I have is Zampese's lack of developing schemes that involve the TE for more than blocking or the seam route.  
Reply/Quote
How does Hikutini block Sled?

Plus i bet Lamar Jackson helped the dude get open a lot.

He sounds like a great receiving TE but as we know they have to be able to block here.
Reply/Quote
Can someone tell me why I can't create a new topic?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 08:08 PM)Diligence Wrote: Can someone tell me why I can't create a new topic?

Most likely because you only have 3 posts to your credit, and have not been a member for at least 6 months.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
that's rigid. moderator should loosen up
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 04:31 PM)Diligence Wrote: that's rigid. moderator should loosen up

No
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
welcome to the boards!

as to the op, I'd like the addition, but I doubt we do. Unless there's the mindset of scuttling eifert due to injuries, we've already got a good chunk invested at the position. Its not like cb/wr where we just throw picks at it and hope someone steps up if called up. Te is more of a "you're drafted for this role, do it until your contract runs out."
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 05:01 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: No
Hilarious
Reply/Quote

Welcome to the boards man, just post more, not hard to do. Smirk
Reply/Quote
OK, speaking of TE's. If you want a project who could turn out to be a steal, I suggest Micheal Roberts.
6'5" 270 small school but wicked good production and a huge frame . great upside and could be a
blocking TE while he learns under Tyler Eifert

anybody seen tape on Roberts
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: How does Hikutini block Sled?

Plus i bet Lamar Jackson helped the dude get open a lot.

He sounds like a great receiving TE but as we know they have to be able to block here.

He's not bad, it's not the best part of his game, but he has the size and the toughness that a good position coach could coach him up. He has great hands though, which is harder to teach. Like I said, I wouldn't take him in the first or second, but any round later than that he is a steal....
Reply/Quote