Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colin Cowherd’s most absurd comment yet...
“Chad Johnson wasn’t a good route runner”

The reactions online have been gold lol

https://www.totalprosports.com/2021/04/14/colin-cowherd-gets-roasted-for-saying-chad-johnson-wasnt-a-good-route-runner-video-tweets/

How the hell does this guy get paid to talk sports for a living...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
It was nice to see TJ disgust with the comment and quickly correct him. I’ve seen a lot of bad take from CC, but this one was just plain ignorant.
Reply/Quote
Cowherd loves to talk football, but knows very little about it.
Reply/Quote
Colin Cowherd once told everyone that he knew all along Vince Young wasn't going to work out in the NFL because his throwing motion reminded him too much of Tim Tebow. Tim Tebow didn't get to Florida until the year Young was drafted...
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 04:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: “Chad Johnson wasn’t a good route runner”

https://www.totalprosports.com/2021/04/14/colin-cowherd-gets-roasted-for-saying-chad-johnson-wasnt-a-good-route-runner-video-tweets/

well to be honest i think a someof Palmer interceptions were caused by chad running the wrong route.  (him and carson not being on the same page..  And ill generally side with the QB on those.)   

He was great at running the route he ran though lol

But without any of us knowning the playbook and play designs its impossible for any of us or Colin to say.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 08:51 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: well to be honest i think a someof Palmer interceptions were caused by chad running the wrong route.  (him and carson not being on the same page..  And ill generally side with the QB on those.)   

But without any of us knowning the playbook and play designs its impossible for any of us or Colin to say.

TJ knew the routes. He said Chad was one of the best route runners of all time.

Reply/Quote
I like Cowherd... just not when he talks about any of my teams. :) His schtick is to get people upset so they talk about his takes so he got what he wanted in this instance.

One of my personal favorite goof ups by Cowherd was when he was interviewing Urban Meyer two years ago and talked about how great of a season Joe Burrow was having. He had no clue that Burrow played under Meyer for 3 years.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 04:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: “Chad Johnson wasn’t a good route runner”

Cowturd is a clickbait ignorant moron.

Congratulations for putting money in his pocket.  Says more about the clicker than the clickee.
Reply/Quote
How do you be an AFC top 3 WR for almost a decade WITHOUT being an amazing route runner. He never had TO’s frame or 4.2 40 yard dash speed so he had to have SOMETHING that was elite. Those elite traits were hands and route running. More specifically in Chads case his feet were extremely quick and precise

Cowherd is an idiot
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 08:51 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: well to be honest i think a someof Palmer interceptions were caused by chad running the wrong route.  (him and carson not being on the same page..  And ill generally side with the QB on those.)   

Palmers interceptions didn’t stop after he left Cincinnati. Remember he had the infamous 6 turnover game in NFC champ in 2015. So I’d lean it was probably a little bit of both. Palmer had a tendency to stare down WR.
Reply/Quote
If I give the benefit of the doubt to him (I know I shouldn't), he's probably referring to Chad's last couple years in Cincy where he and Palmer seemed to be out of sync, possibly with him running the wrong route occasionally.

But there's no doubt that Chad was a great receiver. You don't just put up 11000 yards and 67 TDs by just being "meh."
Heck, Chad would have been probably 12000+ had Palmer not gotten his elbow injury early in 2008.

It is worth noting AJ Green probably would have passed Chad had he not been as injured these past few years.
AJ and Chad played 10 years in Cincy, but AJ played 24 games less than Chad.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 09:57 AM)Stewy Wrote: Cowturd is a clickbait ignorant moron.

Congratulations for putting money in his pocket.  Says more about the clicker than the clickee.

Uh...I didn’t click on anything that supports him. I saw it being talked about on Reddit, and linked a site with a collection of tweets about it.

Reply/Quote
Was just reading about this....what a clown.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 10:06 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Palmers interceptions didn’t stop after he left Cincinnati. Remember he had the infamous 6 turnover game in NFC champ in 2015. So I’d lean it was probably a little bit of both. Palmer had a tendency to stare down WR.

a fewof those here the last few years were throwing to a spot the WR was suppose to be... And no WR being there.   Is what i was refering too.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, saw this yesterday. All I see about the main talking heads is horrible takes and false information. They make the most absurd comments and are the highest paid. It's because they bring in views and clicks. The informed and accurate analysts just don't do it. Cowherd, Bayless, Stephen A. Smith, etc. are all in the mold. Shannon Sharp has been trying, as of late, to give stupid comments for air play.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 04:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How the hell does this guy get paid to talk sports for a living...

A totally valid concern.  Life isn't fair, sometimes.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 10:20 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If I give the benefit of the doubt to him (I know I shouldn't), he's probably referring to Chad's last couple years in Cincy where he and Palmer seemed to be out of sync, possibly with him running the wrong route occasionally.

But there's no doubt that Chad was a great receiver. You don't just put up 11000 yards and 67 TDs by just being "meh."
Heck, Chad would have been probably 12000+ had Palmer not gotten his elbow injury early in 2008.

It is worth noting AJ Green probably would have passed Chad had he not been as injured these past few years.
AJ and Chad played 10 years in Cincy, but AJ played 24 games less than Chad.

This is all true but it doesn’t mean AJ was better. The passing rules have changed so much in such a short period of time that the NFL receiving and passing records are unimpressive. That’s why current generation QBs hold all of the TD/yardage records. Dan Marino’s 48 TD passes in a season is still way more impressive to me than these guys today throwing 50+ because of how the game was played and officiated back then.

I still would rank Chad (slightly) above AJ on my WR rankings. And yes Chad was an excellent route runner with lightning quick feet who was also a pain in the ass sometimes.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 08:19 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Cowherd loves to talk football, but knows very little about it.

how does a moron like thia have his own show? that was one of Chads best attributes.
When I think of Chad I think of a smaller De andre Hopkins.
Reply/Quote
I take nothing Cowherd says as fact because he's really just a crap stirrer, its what gives him his ratings, like Jerry Springer for instance. But I do find him pretty amusing and dont mind listening to his show if its on.

Chad Johnson was a great route runner and great football player in general. I wish he were here with Burrow in his prime. Not that Carson sucked, but Burrow has an edge that Carson never had. Chad would've thrived on it I believe.
Reply/Quote
Such obvious trolling by cowturd. Chad's route running was in a league of it's own. Exceptional agility and acceleration in addition to superb technique.
Reply/Quote