Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Collins Contract - Bengals Cap
Effectively 3 years, $21M. $7m tied up in playing in games. Only a $5M signing bonus and some very small salaries.

Bengals Cap Room just including the Top 53 contracts plus dead money = $16,394,372.

When factoring in net rookie cap hits, Art. 21 offseason workout payments, and practice squad, Bengals Cap Room = $11,191,269

Bengals can and should still continue to add to their roster. Quality veteran CB and another OL piece would be welcome additions.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Wow, what a steal! Can add even more space with a Bates extension (fingers crossed). This off-season is showing the importance of going all in when we have Burrow and a base on their rookie deals, as well as Higgins still here. The time is now.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
Does that account for the $2.4M that they are still on the hook for, for the RFA tender on Fred Johnson, should another team claim him on waivers?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 03:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Does that account for the $2.4M that they are still on the hook for, for the RFA tender on Fred Johnson, should another team claim him on waivers?
It is my understanding that RFA tenders do not become guaranteed until the end of the preseason. So I think we’re off the hook regardless.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
So do we have him for the 3rd year, or is this the Reiff style deal?
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 02:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Effectively 3 years, $21M. $7m tied up in playing in games. Only a $5M signing bonus and some very small salaries.

Bengals Cap Room just including the Top 53 contracts plus dead money = $16,394,372.

When factoring in net rookie cap hits, Art. 21 offseason workout payments, and practice squad, Bengals Cap Room = $11,191,269

Bengals can and should still continue to add to their roster. Quality veteran CB and another OL piece would be welcome additions.

more will become available after the draft as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 02:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Effectively 3 years, $21M. $7m tied up in playing in games. Only a $5M signing bonus and some very small salaries.

Even a better deal than I first thought, wild.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 03:33 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: Wow, what a steal! Can add even more space with a Bates extension (fingers crossed). This off-season is showing the importance of going all in when we have Burrow and a base on their rookie deals, as well as Higgins still here. The time is now.

This is where I'm at. I think an extension for someone is coming... 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 04:15 PM)phil413 Wrote: So do we have him for the 3rd year, or is this the Reiff style deal?

That’s my question as well. Originally saw tweets saying it was really a 2 year deal suggesting the 3rd was a void year. Which is it? The details in this thread sound like an amazing deal for us and explain why we didn’t trade for him.
Reply/Quote
Duke Tobin... the Great
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 04:35 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This is where I'm at. I think an extension for someone is coming... 

Some people may balk at this or automatically assume it’s Bates, but if I’m the Bengals I’m seeing if Jonah wants an extension. Eligible for one now. He showed enough this year to show he will at worst be a very solid LT. We won’t be drafting high enough to take an elite level LT for a long time (hopefully). Prices seem to be surprisingly low for O line this offseason. See if we can lock him up a few more years at a team friendly deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 04:43 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Some people may balk at this or automatically assume it’s Bates, but if I’m the Bengals I’m seeing if Jonah wants an extension. Eligible for one now. He showed enough this year to show he will at worst be a very solid LT. We won’t be drafting high enough to take an elite level LT for a long time (hopefully). Prices seem to be surprisingly low for O line this offseason. See if we get lock him up a few more years at a team friendly deal.

This would be cool, I like Jonah and think he can still get much better and he is versatile. He can play everywhere but Center.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 03:58 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: It is my understanding that RFA tenders do not become guaranteed until the end of the preseason. So I think we’re off the hook regardless.

How long does a player remain on the waiver wire if no team puts in a claim?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 04:37 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: That’s my question as well. Originally saw tweets saying it was really a 2 year deal suggesting the 3rd was a void year. Which is it? The details in this thread sound like an amazing deal for us and explain why we didn’t trade for him.

It is a deal where the Bengals had much leverage over Collins. That deal could have easily been beat by many teams. Why wasn’t it? Suggests they will be on the hunt for a RT come draft weekend since they aren’t invested long term in Collins.
Reply/Quote
Sweet deal for Bengals with leftover cash even

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
CB and bring back Ogunjobi? Gilmore might be a possibility with these numbers.

Extend Bates

Then wait until after draft to make additional moves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 05:31 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: It is a deal where the Bengals had much leverage over Collins. That deal could have easily been beat by many teams.  Why wasn’t it?  Suggests they will be on the hunt for a RT come draft weekend since they aren’t invested long term in Collins.

It was a smart move by the Bengals FO, have to take into account La'el's red flags just have to.
Reply/Quote
That seems like a coup for the FO to pull that off. Very impressed.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 05:40 PM)maclanta Wrote: CB and bring back Ogunjobi? Gilmore might be a possibility with these numbers.

Extend Bates

Then wait until after draft to make additional moves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we will wait on bringing back Ogunjobi but I think he will be back. Just have to make sure that foot is all good first.

Would love it if we traded for Xavien Howard of the Phins, but we also just might rely on the Draft as it is a great one for CB's.

Much cheaper to boot. Smart to draft your Corners.
Reply/Quote

Practice squad is not part of the cap and work out bonuses are included in cap numbers
 I am seeing over 25 million on Spotrac for team, but Collins, Apple, Irwin and Morgan have yet to hit on the team cap site. But, likely 4 guys being counted on the top 51 now will leave adding 1.9 million to the 25.3 million, then have to subtract the 4 guys.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote