Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Collins SIGNED!
(03-20-2022, 07:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They don't post in the GD thread because CERTAIN posters make it a miserable place 

The game day thread is something else to say the least.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Whew. Thank goodness that madness is over. Do we have the numbers yet?
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:23 PM)Science Friction Wrote: One thing I really like about this Collins grab, besides the obvious, is that our gain is Dallas' loss. God, I hate those sum beaches !!!

Well...they intentionally lost Collins.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well...they intentionally lost Collins.

To overpay their 2nd best RB…

Ouch

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: To overpay their 2nd best RB…

Ouch

Yes. I'm glad we got him.

He did miss 21 of the past 33 games. Not quite Waynes level here...but look how fans feel about Waynes. 

Let's just hope Collins stays healthy and doesn't get suspended.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well...they intentionally lost Collins.

True... but a loss is a loss .
Reply/Quote
Great to hear!

Some on this board will now get their first full night of sleep since Wednesday
Reply/Quote
Great news!!

Some wanted to give up a high round pick and when we didn't "Bengals were stupid"

Some wanted the Bengals to bend and pay whatever it takes and when we didn't "Bengals were stupid"

Some wanted to cut ties with LC immediately after it was reported he left and when we didn't "Bengals were stupid"

Maybe Bengals are not the stupid ones..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Glad to see this deal get done. He was the best olineman in FA in my opinion. Huge need for us at RT and sounds like the perfect fit. The oline should be much improved and we definitely are capable of winning it all this year!

This move was made absolutely necessary with some of the moves other Afc teams have made. Great job!
Reply/Quote
I've read where this dude is pretty nasty. Can someone show me visual evidence of him being a nasty glass-eater ?
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:30 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Great to hear!

Some on this board will now get their first full night of sleep since Wednesday

Ya got that right!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I'm wondering if the dude ever left the Queen City?  I doubted it last night and now I'm doubting it more than ever.
Reply/Quote
Anyone know if he prefers to chew on Plexiglass or Stained Glass? That will determine his true value.

In all seriousness, love the signing. We got a lot more options in the draft now.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Remember when Carson was running his mouth during Super Bowl week about the Bengals not doing anything to help Burrow…

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:12 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: Im guessing we will probably release Adeniji at this point saving @950k. and go with:

LT- Williams
LG- Carmen/ D.Smith
C- Karras
RG- Cappa
RT- Collins

Backups:

RT- Prince
LT- Johnson
C- Hill
G/C- Draft pick

Might not be a popular opinion on here but I would keep as many OL players from last year as we can for backups. Yes Burrow was getting killed but we did make it to the SB with what we had. I don’t want an injury or two to be a disaster. Or draft Oline high to groom under the guys we just signed.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Am ecstatic about this signing !

Exactly what I wished for a C, RG, and RT and could care less what is done in FA from this point on. The icing is on the cake and if anything else that comes it would be the cherry on top, but not needed now.

This opens the entire draft up for the Bengals to draft BPA.

Would think bengals would go defense in first two rounds and fill needs. Yet if somebody stupid good falls in draft they can now select them and have an abundance of riches.

Too happy !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:43 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Oh so the front office did do their job after all? Well, what is everyone going to gripe about now?

Probably gripe about griping, and crap all over what should be a happy day bc they can't let anything go.

That's my guess.

(03-20-2022, 07:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Remember when Carson was running his mouth during Super Bowl week about the Bengals not doing anything to help Burrow…

Palmer won't acknowledge these signings any more than he did Hendrickson, Reader, Bell, Awuzie, etc. That's why I don't respect his takes. They're not fair. It's just bitterness.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:37 PM)casear2727 Wrote:

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:38 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Am ecstatic about this signing !

Exactly what I wished for a C, RG, and RT and could care less what is done in FA from this point on. The icing is on the cake and if anything else that comes it would be the cherry on top, but not needed now.

This opens the entire draft up for the Bengals to draft BPA.

Would think bengals would go defense in first two rounds and fill needs. Yet if somebody stupid good falls in draft they can now select them and have an abundance of riches.

Too happy !

DT, TE, CB
Not necessarily in that order. I agree they can now go BPA.
Reply/Quote