Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Collins SIGNED!
(03-20-2022, 07:38 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Am ecstatic about this signing !

Exactly what I wished for a C, RG, and RT and could care less what is done in FA from this point on. The icing is on the cake and if anything else that comes it would be the cherry on top, but not needed now.

This opens the entire draft up for the Bengals to draft BPA.

Would think bengals would go defense in first two rounds and fill needs. Yet if somebody stupid good falls in draft they can now select them and have an abundance of riches.

Too happy !

I'd love to see us add another pass rusher. Ossai is coming back, but another would be nice.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Great news!!

Some wanted to give up a high round pick and when we didn't "Bengals were stupid"

Some wanted the Bengals to bend and pay whatever it takes and when we didn't "Bengals were stupid"

Some wanted to cut ties with LC immediately after it was reported he left and when we didn't "Bengals were stupid"

Maybe Bengals are not the stupid ones..

The judgmental ones on this board crack me up.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:30 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Great to hear!

Some on this board will now get their first full night of sleep since Wednesday

I had a great night of sleep after 1am Friday morning, when I read a tweet posted in one of the Collins threads that said Collins had agreed to sign with the Bengals. I suppose that person who tweeted that -- I think he had 15 followers -- will now claim he was the first to know Collins was signing.
Reply/Quote

Frank Pollack MVP of this one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I think everyone who dogged the FO about letting Collins leave, and how they don’t care, and they never do enough etc etc, need to find out what charity Collins supports and donate to it, and pen a letter of apology, buncha whine asses!
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:44 PM)Nepa Wrote: I had a great night of sleep after 1am Friday morning, when I read a tweet posted in one of the Collins threads that said Collins had agreed to sign with the Bengals. I suppose that person who tweeted that -- I think he had 15 followers -- will now claim he was the first to know Collins was signing.

He also said it would be announced 5:00 yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:51 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It is nice that signing the three OL free agents increases Duke's flexibility to improve the team at pick 31. He doesn't have to narrow in on an OL now, can take the best player, or trade up or back in the draft without having to overly worry about the OL when making the pick.

I see us trading back now. A lot of teams are going to make some tempting offers to jump back into day one.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Probably gripe about griping, and crap all over what should be a happy day bc they can't let anything go.

That's my guess.

Palmer won't acknowledge these signings any more than he did Hendrickson, Reader, Bell, Awuzie, etc. That's why I don't respect his takes. They're not fair. It's just bitterness.

Haha. Yes. The Bengals improved from the 90s way of doing business when Marvin got here.

And last year the Bengals changed for the better again. I don't know the How or What...but they do business differently. I do think having a franchise qb re-invigorates a franchise.

And, Zac while I question his x and o on offense. He does appear to have leadership abilities and say the right things.

But, can't compare the current team to 90s Bengals, etc.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Remember when Carson was running his mouth during Super Bowl week about the Bengals not doing anything to help Burrow…

Sour grapes
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. I'm glad we got him.

He did miss 21 of the past 33 games. Not quite Waynes level here...but look how fans feel about Waynes. 

Let's just hope Collins stays healthy and doesn't get suspended.

He's missed 23, not 21 :)  I don't know why everyone thinks his 5 game suspension were the only games he missed.  

He didn't play his first week back, played like 2 snaps on a thursday night game (so he essentially missed that one too).  He also missed half a game cause he punched a dude that hit Dak.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:45 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: I think everyone who dogged the FO about letting Collins leave, and how they don’t care, and they never do enough etc etc, need to find out what charity Collins supports and donate to it, and pen a letter of apology, buncha whine asses!

I think we should give those guys a break. It isnt as if the Bengals have not shown rampant ineptness and incompetence for decades. 

Next offseason these fellas should have more patience and restraint.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd love to see us add another pass rusher. Ossai is coming back, but another would be nice.

Yes I forgot about him, Ossai. He was looking great before injury.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Frank Pollack MVP of this one.

I am excited to see what our offense looks like with a capable line.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:48 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I think we should give those guys a break. It isnt as if the Bengals have not shown rampant ineptness and incompetence for decades.

It's been hard for me to forget that for sure.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:48 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes I forgot about him, Ossai. He was looking great before injury.

Yes. Albeit in like 1 or 2 preseason games. We've seen that before.

I'd like to add a Greg Rousseau type like the Bills added last year.
Reply/Quote
Great news!

Great signing!

Everyone is focused on protectng Burrow, and with good reason,but the run game just got a HUGE boost. 3rd/4th and short won't be a passing down anymore. Mixon should be way better. The playbook will open. Burrow may even be able to take 5 and 7 step drops!
Reply/Quote
They did it!! Those son of a B, they did it!!!!
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:57 PM)Beaker Wrote: No. Spain is the one who totally whiffed on Aaron Donald on that last offensive play in the SB. If he had even just fallen down in Donald's way, Burrow may have had the second he needed to see Chase running all alone after Ramsey fell down. Spain was borderline serviceable. He can stay gone.

Still hurts to see that play. Would have been one of the best SB endings ever if he hit Chase for the win. Ouch ?‍♂️?
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:02 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Woah 1 bad play from a decent guard against the best dt in the league and you completely sour on the guy? He was cincy’s 2nd best lineman all year

Bring him back.

It wasnt just one play.  For the entire post season Spain only managed a PFF grade of 46.1   That is horrible and inexcusable.   Is this the type of guy you want the team to rely on when they make it to the playoffs again?

Lets say we play the Rams again in the Super Bowl and we need the offense to make a play and Donald lines up against Spain, do you trust Spain is going to make a play?  I know I dont.  We need better talent than Spain at LG.  Ideally Karras would move to left guard and we get Tretter to play center.  That should make a very good O-line
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:48 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I think we should give those guys a break. It isnt as if the Bengals have not shown rampant ineptness and incompetence for decades. 

Maybe, but the last 3 off seasons they have made moves and done things they’ve never done before, they have slowly showed they are going after good players! Also with Collins we only know what we see. They do digging and take a look at possible character issues etc etc. and maybe he thought he was worth an insane amount of money
Reply/Quote