Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collins being released:
(03-17-2022, 02:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You and me both. Though, part of me thinks (hopes) that the Bengals have already talked to him and know he'll sign for less or think he'll sign for less if he were to be released.

Prayers.

Again, I could see him signing for more psr year but this year being a lower cap number to help push all in.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I read some stuff about his hip being a concern. So I don't know. Could just be rumors.

He missed all of 2020 with that hip injury. 

I'd assume he'd have to pass a physical. 

Maybe he wants to come here. 
Reply/Quote
Free agency watch amplified by Bengals fans!

[Image: donkey-kong.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. I'd guess he'll get more than $10 million a year too. We'll see.

I actually thought trading for him was our best move.

a trade was best for us...unfortunately releasing him post June 1 was the best for the Cowboys

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Showing the tweet to help OP out. Tongue

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:48 PM)Joelist Wrote: We'll get outbid - trading was the smarter move this time.

Right, why didn’t we just offer a 4th or 5th. With him being released isn’t there a pecking order of sorts also between teams. Have a feeling Balt will get him.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:54 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Pats are OUT on Collins. This is either REALLY good for us (teams know we have him locked up), or kind of concerning (like there's something up with him physically)

Source: The #Patriots are not expected to sign Dallas OL La'El Collins, who will soon become a free agent.

What are their odds right now?

Source: "Zero. None."

They have no cap space.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I read some stuff about his hip being a concern. So I don't know. Could just be rumors.

I’m not on the Collins bandwagon. If he was as good as been said, that $10 mil would be fine. 
Yet no team wanted him.  Not one. At least not for the price the Cowboys expected which varied from anybody to people here offering our #31. 

The market is yelling to think again about this guy. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:04 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: I’m not on the Collins bandwagon. If he was as good as been said, that $10 mil would be fine. 
Yet no team wanted him.  Not one. At least not for the price the Cowboys expected which varied from anybody to people here offering our #31. 

The market is yelling to think again about this guy. 

He probably wanted a new contract from anyone he'd get traded to, which killed the trades.  My guess is he values himself more in the 18-20 mil per range, and not the measly 10mil.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. I'd guess he'll get more than $10 million a year too. We'll see.

I think you're right.  With the way he had to enter the NFL with all the pre-draft drama and missing out on all those millions, I bet he'd want to go to the team that offered the most to make up for lost pay and time rather than going to a contender at a rebate.  I don't blame him.
Reply/Quote
This is very interesting. We may be in a bidding war if we want him or we may get him for a great deal (no draft picks either nor count against the comp. picks).

Very strange the Cowboys cut him. now they get no compensation for him which concerns me. What is up with him?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:02 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Right, why didn’t we just offer a 4th or 5th. With him being released isn’t there a pecking order of sorts also between teams. Have a feeling Balt will get him.

He probably wanted to renegotiate his contract with whoever he was traded to, thus killing trades.
Reply/Quote
[Image: and-now-my-watch-begins-nights-watch.gif]
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:11 PM)Stewy Wrote: He probably wanted to renegotiate his contract with whoever he was traded to, thus killing trades.

He did not hold the cards, he did not have a no trade clause in his deal.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:02 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Right, why didn’t we just offer a 4th or 5th. With him being released isn’t there a pecking order of sorts also between teams. Have a feeling Balt will get him.

Nope, he is a free agent and can go to his choice of 31 teams

Reply/Quote
Get Joe Burrow this man's number, get him in town for a visit (and a physical), get him a big steak dinner, and get him signed.
Reply/Quote

He'll definitely likely get guaranteed money which he didn't have before. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Wonder if he has issues?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Does anyone want the guy? What besides the blind eye fans are willing to turn on the "character concerns" are we missing?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: Does anyone want the guy? What besides the blind eye fans are willing to turn on the "character concerns" are we missing?

Don't know, but I'm imagining Belichick was only in it for some kind of 4d chess move of acquiring him for cheap because of the contract, playing him for a year, then flipping him to some place else for a higher return. 
Reply/Quote