Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Collins' visit is over
(03-22-2022, 12:02 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: The team isn’t going to relegate a 2nd round guard to the backup role for the next 2 seasons. They just arent

If they grab Linderbaum, great, it doesn’t make sense with the karras move

Either Carman is going to be a bench player his entire 4 years, or Karras is a backup until his contract is up. I don’t think the front office likes giving a guard with his salary a backup role

That’s all I’m saying. What I want is Quentin Spain back on a 1 year deal

I expect us to bring back Spain as well as insurance in case Carman's back is a problem. These are things I have no idea about,
injuries behind the scenes. The coaches might also really like D'Ante Smith but who knows, they ALL had injuries last year which
is my main concern for the LG position. I like the players if they can play.

Also, I must say that I think just because we have been so desperate for an early pick to play doesn't mean it is necessary.

When your team is stacked and you have quality depth that is fantastic.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 06:13 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, you're right. He is a master technician in the pocket. Flawless. Somehow, he was sacked over 70 times....absolutely outstanding. None were his fault, though.

Sarcasm aside, he has a poor tendency to turn his back on the play and escape the pocket. And yes, there were multiple times were he just turtled up and took a sack. In the Super Bowl, he missed a wide open Perine on a checkdown and ran right into a sack. In the Titans game, he turned his back on the play and tried to escape but ran right into pressure instead and was sacked. He completely missed a screaming blitzer in the Jets game and stepped right into him. He tried to scramble in the Chargers game and ran right into a sack, right up the middle.  

The examples are quite numerous. This isn't a dig at Burrow - he is a young QB and an incredibly talented one at that. I love the guy, I wouldn't have anyone else here. He's also not perfect, and that's alright. He has some flaws and it is okay to discuss them because I fully believe he will work them out. However, we'll just have to disagree that Burrow is some pocket master. You don't get sacked 70+ times if you are some wizard in the pocket, and the tape backs that up. Several of the sacks were his fault. And he'll improve on them.

If all of this makes me "out of my mind", then so be it I guess.

Dude, if you can watch Burrows body of work and your take away is he has bad pocket presence then okay dude.....

Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote