Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collinsworth Just Said Bengals Should Take Will Fuller, WR
Cris Collinsworth has seen a lot of Fuller who is a teammate of son Austin.  Collinsworth say, " He runs a 4.27 and is one of the fastest players I've seen in college lately. He runs past players who have been coached all week not to let him get past the defense. He catches a deep ball every game, even against the best competition. He can also make big plays out of screen passes, often running against the grain across the field. He's not very big and has more than his share of drops, but if teams double AJ Green they will have major problems with Fuller one on one."........Now the Bengals should value the opinion of All Pro and Bengals 2 Super Bowls Cris Collinsworth.  He knows Bengals and he knows WR in the NFL. .....add in we would have Notre Dame Eifert......so if teams double AJ Green, our double Notre Dame guys would eat up one and one coverage on them. ........If Collinsworth says the kid has it, the kid has it. Draft him # 1 like Cris says and get him in here, we need him........oh yes, SOURCE : Bengals.com Home Page News, Collinsworth says Bengals should make Fuller their #1 pick. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
You would help the team more by taking a quality DT in the 1st and a guy like Sterling Sheppard in the 2nd. Imho at least

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 05:48 PM)Burma Wrote: You would help the team more by taking a quality DT in the 1st and a guy like Sterling Sheppard in the 2nd. Imho at least

We have All Pro Atkins at DT, and Peko and others.......but at WR we just lost our #2 WR in Jones and #3 guy in Sanu.......I agree with Cris Collinsworth....I'll add we still have play-off talent at all positions except for WR which was killed by free agency.  WR is now a weak area.  If Collinsworth says this kid can upgrade us at WR, get him in here.....Right now, we are too weak at WR to make play-offs.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 05:48 PM)Burma Wrote: You would help the team more by taking a quality DT in the 1st and a guy like Sterling Sheppard in the 2nd. Imho at least

I'm wanting the DT too.  But I'm not sure Sheppard will be there in the 2nd, and he's the most likely of the remaining receivers to impact this year.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 05:59 PM)3wt Wrote: I'm wanting the DT too.  But I'm not sure Sheppard will be there in the 2nd, and he's the most likely of the remaining receivers to impact this year.  

Our # 1 need now is WR......We are looking at a losing season with the WRs we now have.  You can't lose your #2 and #3 WR and not try to replace them.....We have DTs.....We have the best DT in the NFL in Atkins......what we don't have is enough quality WRs to get back to play-offs. .....Cris Collinsworth is on it.  If he says take Fuller #1, he knows his NFL WR's and he knows Bengals. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I would be pretty livid if we drafted Ted Ginn Jr
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 05:53 PM)kevin Wrote: We have All Pro Atkins at DT, and Peko and others.......but at WR we just lost our #2 WR in Jones and #3 guy in Sanu.......I agree with Cris Collinsworth....I'll add we still have play-off talent at all positions except for WR which was killed by free agency.  WR is now a weak area.  If Collinsworth says this kid can upgrade us at WR, get him in here.....Right now, we are too weak at WR to make play-offs.

In the last 30 years we have drafted a WR in the 1st only 3 times: AJ, Peter Warrick, and Tim Mcgee.  Unless that player appears to be a rare and special talent we don't spend a pick on them in the first. Sadly DT is even a lower shot in the 1st with 2 being picked in the last 30 years.

The Bengals have shown a very good knack for finding very good receivers in the later rounds of the draft, as evidenced by the 5th and 2nd round picks we are contemplating spending a 1st round pick to replace.  Barring Geno we have not had a lot of recent success with lower round DL picks.

Finally this draft is offering one of the best DL classes in it's history.  Reaching for a guy who would be a 3rd round pick in most other (non terrible WR class )drafts simply because he is a need is not how they have been drafting lately (thankfully).  We have the chance to get a guy who could impact our DL in the same way AJ impacted our WR core.  Geno can't do it alone and we can't do it without him.  DL is an incredible need.  It shapes our LB choices.  the Bengals have preferred run stuffing LB instead of athletic ones that can cover TEs and backs as they have never really had the luxury of a DL that could free the LB up to not have to stop the run primarily.

Vote DT in 2016. 

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 06:29 PM)Burma Wrote: In the last 30 years we have drafted a WR in the 1st only 3 times: AJ, Peter Warrick, and Tim Mcgee.  Unless that player appears to be a rare and special talent we don't spend a pick on them in the first. Sadly DT is even a lower shot in the 1st with 2 being picked in the last 30 years.

The Bengals have shown a very good knack for finding very good receivers in the later rounds of the draft, as evidenced by the 5th and 2nd round picks we are contemplating spending a 1st round pick to replace.  Barring Geno we have not had a lot of recent success with lower round DL picks.

Finally this draft is offering one of the best DL classes in it's history.  Reaching for a guy who would be a 3rd round pick in most other (non terrible WR class )drafts simply because he is a need is not how they have been drafting lately (thankfully).  We have the chance to get a guy who could impact our DL in the same way AJ impacted our WR core.  Geno can't do it alone and we can't do it without him.  DL is an incredible need.  It shapes our LB choices.  the Bengals have preferred run stuffing LB instead of athletic ones that can cover TEs and backs as they have never really had the luxury of a DL that could free the LB up to not have to stop the run primarily.

Vote DT in 2016. 

You may not like Peko, but to not include him as a guy that the Bengals have had success with as a lower round pick is somewhat absurd.

The fans don't seem to think he's that good, but the coaches swear by him.
Reply/Quote
I'd prefer Coleman or the guy from TCU, but I won't be mad if we grab Fuller
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 08:22 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I'd prefer Coleman or the guy from TCU, but I won't be mad if we grab Fuller

I don't want Fuller myself.  Ninja
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 07:34 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: You may not like Peko, but to not include him as a guy that the Bengals have had success with as a lower round pick is somewhat absurd.

The fans don't seem to think he's that good, but the coaches swear by him.

I said "we have not had a lot of recent success with lower round DL picks."  

Peko was drafted a decade ago.  I would not consider that recent. Take a look at just the DT we have drafted since Peko. I'm not even going to slog through the morass of DE prospects we have brought in.

2007: Matt Teoaina 6th
2008: Pat Sims 3rd
2009: Clinton McDonald 6th
2010: Geno Atkins 4th
2011: None Drafted
2012: Devon Still 2nd
2012: Brandon Thompson 3rd
2013: None Drafted
2014: None Drafted
2015: Marcus Hardison 4th

And for fun take a look at the UDFA DT we have brought in:
2006: Marcus Lewis
2008: Michael Marquardt
2011: Lolomana Mikaele
2013: Larry Black
2013: Travis Chappelear
2015 DeShawn Williams
2015: DeShawn Williams UDFA

I actually should have said it appears he haven't even tried to have a lot of success with DT. Whatever 7 drafted in 10 years for a team that has consistently had questionable DT play is disappointing. 

Reply/Quote
I'd be good with Fuller, though i'd prefer treadwell, doctson, coleman(in that order) first.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 10:44 PM)09ItsOurTime Wrote: I'd be good with Fuller, though i'd prefer treadwell, doctson, coleman(in that order) first.

Sure, I'm all for trading way up to get Treadwell.......The Bengals don't draft WR often, but AJ Green was a smart move.  I think they picked Issac Curtis in an early round. ...In 1981 draft they needed WRs so much, the first 2 picks were WR, Verser and Collinsworth.  Without those picks, Bengals don't go to Super Bowl that season. ... In 2016 draft Bengals need WR as much or more than in 1981 draft.   Bengals are still one of the most talented teams at all positions except for WR which was hit hard in free agency. ........So I'm very interested In the opinion of Cris Collinsworth on WRs.   You can coach Fuller up on other things, but you can't teach speed.  Collinsworth was very fast and he says Fuller is one of the fastest players he has seen in college in a while. He didn't say fastest WR and he didn't say fastest this year. He said fastest player out of college in a while. ....You can't teach speed. ......Per Collinsworth, if they double AJ Green, they can't cover Fuller one on one.  Add in Eifert, and if they double Green, one of our Notre Dame guys will burn them.  If they one on one Green, Green will burn them.  That sounds like play-offs again to me.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Sims, McDonald, Thompson, and Atkins. That's a pretty good haul, don't you think?

McDonald left here and ripped it up in Seattle.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 12:10 AM)Bengalfan11164 Wrote: Sims, McDonald, Thompson, and Atkins. That's a pretty good haul, don't you think?  

McDonald left here and ripped it up in Seattle.

Minus Geno it's "Meh" at best.  Sims had a few good seasons. Thompson has never really clicked, and McDonald was here for a cup of coffee before we sent him off. I haven't followed his career to closely since he left.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 10:16 PM)Burma Wrote: 2009: Clinton McDonald 6th

Won a Super Bowl ring in '13 when he had 5.5 sacks for the Seahawks.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 10:16 PM)Burma Wrote: 2007: Matt Teoaina 6th

Started 24 games for the Bears in '10-'11.
Reply/Quote

Agreed.

Plus, I'm high on Fuller, but I think he's a reach in the first.
Reply/Quote
Fuller's more TGJ then he is D.Jax. Wouldn't take him at 24

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Why sign a one trick pony with bad mitts, a la Ginn/Devery Henderson when you could draft Corey Coleman or Doctson instead? Fuller isn't worth a first rounder.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote