Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collusion?
Not 100% serious on this but just a thought. We've heard the rumors of Marvin going to Cleveland's staff with Hue or even front office. When Marvin decided that he was done in Cincy, do you think he was playing chess with a few decisions? The McCarron trade comes to mind. Marvin gives Hue a call and says, Stop this! He'll be available in FA after the season. Don't give away OUR draft picks! Not playing Ross to delay his development to next season. Stuff like that. Would be some interesting conspiracy theories if he does go to Cleveland's front office next year......just saying.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Marvin colluded with Pittsburgh. His hometown.
Reply/Quote
It's the National Fixed League so anything's possible except for the Bengals ever winning a  playoff game again.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Think Marvin will be HC somewhere besides Cleveland next year.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 09:08 PM)grampahol Wrote: It's the National Fixed League so anything's possible except for the Bengals ever winning a  playoff game again.. 

If you think the league is fixed, why are you watching games, and spending so much time here?
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 09:16 PM)Utts Wrote: If you think the league is fixed, why are you watching games, and spending so much time here?

[Image: th?id=OIP.K8kPXBZoa5i6M565hOaTLQFMC7&pid...=300&h=170]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 08:31 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I think Marvin colluded with Pittsburgh. His hometown.

For his entire tenure here.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 07:43 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Not 100% serious on this but just a thought. We've heard the rumors of Marvin going to Cleveland's staff with Hue or even front office. When Marvin decided that he was done in Cincy, do you think he was playing chess with a few decisions? The McCarron trade comes to mind. Marvin gives Hue a call and says, Stop this! He'll be available in FA after the season. Don't give away OUR draft picks! Not playing Ross to delay his development to next season. Stuff like that. Would be some interesting conspiracy theories if he does go to Cleveland's front office next year......just saying.

Not a chance, plain and simple.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 07:43 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Not 100% serious on this but just a thought. We've heard the rumors of Marvin going to Cleveland's staff with Hue or even front office. When Marvin decided that he was done in Cincy, do you think he was playing chess with a few decisions? The McCarron trade comes to mind. Marvin gives Hue a call and says, Stop this! He'll be available in FA after the season. Don't give away OUR draft picks! Not playing Ross to delay his development to next season. Stuff like that. Would be some interesting conspiracy theories if he does go to Cleveland's front office next year......just saying.

there were rumors but Cleveland has already filled any position it would have hire marvin into.
Reply/Quote
My crystal ball prediction: Marvin will get scooped up by a college and become an amazing success.

I still think he's back here next year as the Browns will use it as a year to plan out what they're doing. Marvin will interview for a couple head coach spots, he'll get a few people offering him spots as a DC, but ultimately I think he ends up going to a college. And he will most likely be very good as he's got that roster approach of guiding young guys and playing the most experienced players. He'll also do fine navigating donors and alumni and sponsors and all the other headaches of being a college coach.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 09:23 PM)Interceptor Wrote: For his entire tenure here.

Yep. He’s a ***** sabotage.
Reply/Quote
I think the only collusion going on here is between the Tobin's and the Brown's. Looking back from last off season the events that have transpired to present day seem to support it.

First: All coaches are put on contracts that are set to expire at the same time.

Second: Marvin assumed that Whitworth would be returning as he walked around the combine last year telling everyone that the left tackle would be back in Cincy. Turned out that didn't happen

Third: John Ross is selected in the first round of the draft. We now know that Marvin did not want Ross.

Fourth: Contract talks throughout the year for Marvin never transpired which was not the norm from prior years when talks of extensions happened throughout the year even if Lewis didn't sign till after the season was over. 

Fifth: As the Bengals prepare to play the Vikings reports of coach Mike Zimmer coming out in support of Lewis saying Marv deserves an extension for everything he has done for Cincy. Then reports that say coach Zimmer went as far as saying that the club should go as far as offering Marvin a lifetime contract.

Sixth: Reports then surface that this will be Marvin Lewis's last season in Cincinnati saying the 15 year coach is ready to move on. Reports out of Cleveland that coach Hue Jackson says he knew that Marvin was intending to leave Cincy after the season. Reports also state neither the coaches or players were aware of any such decisions by Lewis. Report also states then that the assistants were not happy with their contract situations, be it pay or extensions.

Take it for what it's worth but it sounds to me a lot like the organization was ready to move forward without Lewis after this season. Don't know when or even if that decision was ever made and when it was made. Could have been in the works for awhile. It could of even started when Mike Brown would not sign off on the Hue succession plan. Seems to me that Mike Brown has changed his opinions on who has the most pull in the organization. Looked to me that Marvin's input in team decisions held no more merit with Brown and that frustrated Lewis. Don't know as it's all just speculation. After all isn't all collusion accusations? But if any of this is true, which may not be, does that mean Duke Tobin has taken over more responsibilities in the organization? Is he now the man that Mike Brown is listening to? Does it mean we have a defacto GM? Only time will tell!   

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 12:05 PM)Benton Wrote: My crystal ball prediction: Marvin will get scooped up by a college and become an amazing success.

I still think he's back here next year as the Browns will use it as a year to plan out what they're doing. Marvin will interview for a couple head coach spots, he'll get a few people offering him spots as a DC, but ultimately I think he ends up going to a college. And he will most likely be very good as he's got that roster approach of guiding young guys and playing the most experienced players. He'll also do fine navigating donors and alumni and sponsors and all the other headaches of being a college coach.

Highly doubt he wants the headaches of recruiting, but I can certainly see the fit there. I personally think he jumps on a DC job somewhere and wins at least 3 more Super Bowls.  Ninja  
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 01:36 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Highly doubt he wants the headaches of recruiting, but I can certainly see the fit there. I personally think he jumps on a DC job somewhere and wins at least 3 more Super Bowls.  Ninja  

Can't be any worse than trying to convince free agents to come to Cincinnati while they're chowing down on a Baconator.
Reply/Quote
I personally think he'll never have football success again.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 09:16 PM)Utts Wrote: If you think the league is fixed, why are you watching games, and spending so much time here?

That's what an addiction will do to you haha.
Reply/Quote

Big Time Wrestling would be one answer coach!
Reply/Quote