Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Color Rush Uniform
(09-11-2018, 07:54 PM)McC Wrote: I have a feeling that no matter what ever happens with the uni's, the striped helmets will never change.

God I hope not. I've got on tattooed on my calf
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 07:29 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Good grief!

Game #2 not even played and we're into a uniform/helmet thread already!!

March comes earlier every year.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 07:54 PM)McC Wrote: I have a feeling that no matter what ever happens with the uni's, the striped helmets will never change.

Best helmets in the league!!
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 09:18 PM)Mer Wrote: Best helmets in the league!!

It’s definitely up there. I’ve always liked the Falcons helmets too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Good. The helmets should never change. They're iconic, easily the best in sports history. 

Growing up a Bengal fan in upstate New York through the 90's, literally the only compliment I ever got was "Well, at least they have nice helmets".  Cool

They Bengals may not get much right, but when it comes to the helmet? Perfection. They screw the helmet up, well...  Cry
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 09:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s definitely up there. I’ve always liked the Falcons helmets too.

Top 5 Helmets in NFL history:

1. Bengals. 1981- Present 
2. Giants. 1990's
3. Bills. 1990's
4. Green Bay Packers
5........ I hate to admit but... Pittsburgh Steelers  Ninja
Reply/Quote
I thought everyone hated our helmets? Uhg I’m out of touch
Reply/Quote
I don't care what they wear as long as they are winning.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 04:56 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I don't care what they wear as long as they are winning.

What if it was something as hideous as this? lol

[Image: 495275402.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 06:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What if it was something as hideous as this? lol

Okay, maybe I do care a little.  You got me there!  lol
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote

(09-11-2018, 08:10 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: God I hope not. I've got on tattooed on my calf

(09-11-2018, 09:18 PM)Mer Wrote: Best helmets in the league!!

(09-11-2018, 09:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s definitely up there. I’ve always liked the Falcons helmets too.

(09-11-2018, 10:34 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Good. The helmets should never change. They're iconic, easily the best in sports history. 

Growing up a Bengal fan in upstate New York through the 90's, literally the only compliment I ever got was "Well, at least they have nice helmets".  Cool

They Bengals may not get much right, but when it comes to the helmet? Perfection. They screw the helmet up, well...  Cry

We need black and orange striped jerseys to match.
Reply/Quote
Easily the best helmet in the league.  Its the big reason why I became a Bengals fan back in the mid 80's.  cough-cough  They were my formative years.  And my local high school had just won the state tournament that year, and they were the Tigers with a black helmet with the orange Clemson tiger paw on the side of it.  It was just a natural formation I would say.
I like these color rush uniforms. I'm not a fan of the orange helmet with them though.  I would like to see a white helmet with black stripes, personally.  Another alternate helmet design I'd like to see is a matte black helmet with orange stripes.  I think that would look kick ass in a color rush black uniform for us. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Tigers are not black with orange stripes. So I think a helmet like that would look kind of silly.

I know real eagles are not green and rams are not gold and blue, but we use the real colors of a tiger in our uniforms so I don't want to go to anything black with orange stripes.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 02:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tigers are not black with orange stripes. So I think a helmet like that would look kind of silly.

I know real eagles are not green and rams are not gold and blue, but we use the real colors of a tiger in our uniforms so I don't want to go to anything black with orange stripes.

I agree. The only other helmet I’d be ok with is white with black stripes. But I’m in the minority that thinks the orange helmets look fine with the white color rush, so I don’t mind much that they probably will never do it.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 02:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tigers are not black with orange stripes.  So I think a helmet like that would look kind of silly.

No green eagles or blue and gold rams? Now I'm really disappointed .. Come to think about it I don't think panthers are powder blue either  and I'm not really sure there are blue horses either..or blue bears or pale green and orange dolfins! Blue LIONS! Blue buffalos.. I'm sensing a trend here with blue animals..In fact I think we're the ONLY team to correctly color any animal..  We got that much over the rest of the league featuring animal themes.. That should be on the helmet . "The ONLY NFL team to correctly identify the animal we're named for!" Make the other teams feel stupid . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 06:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What if it was something as hideous as this? lol

[Image: 866771e3a0ee0d3ee8abf64829c044db.jpg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 11:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: 866771e3a0ee0d3ee8abf64829c044db.jpg]

Wasn’t he in that Blind Melon video? Lol

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 01:47 AM)Millhouse Wrote: The orange n' black helmets clash violently with the free flowing harmonious white and black uniforms.

That you can blame on Goodell. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 10:36 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Top 5 Helmets in NFL history:

1. Bengals. 1981- Present 
2. Giants. 1990's
3. Bills. 1990's
4. Green Bay Packers
5........ I hate to admit but... Pittsburgh Steelers  Ninja

The #5 helmet is the #1 spittoon
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 12:52 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: That you can blame on Goodell. 

Goodell's helmet "safety rule" would have much more merit if most college teams didn't have a seemingly endless supply of helmets at their disposal. There's other reasons why NFL teams are only allowed one helmet. We obviously don't know what they are but if I had to guess I'm sure it's mostly financial  Whatever
Reply/Quote