Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Colts request interview with Callahan

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Here we go Sad
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't surprise me if Brian, Dan Pitcher the QB coach or Betcher the LB coach left for higher positions.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 04:58 PM)pally Wrote:

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Take the job Callahan!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 04:58 PM)pally Wrote:

Don’t know his relationship with his Dad but between the two they’d be able to put together a nice staff. Dan Picher won’t leave as he’d be the OC here unless Brian let him call plays. But Bettcher would be gone.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Good for him, hope he gets the job
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 06:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Good for him, hope he gets the job

I question your fandom at least once a month...

Reply/Quote
I’d be more upset if Anarumo was getting an interview.

I think they can replace Callahan and still have a potent offense.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 07:56 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I question your fandom at least once a month...

Hell, I hope he gets an HC gig. I hope Lou gets a HC gig. Question my fandom all you want. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 05:42 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Take the job Callahan!!!

Not sure I'd want to go to the Colts situation. Basically no QB and a mediocre roster. They have the 4th draft pick which means they likely aren't getting Young or Stroud. After those two the quality becomes kind of iffy and looks more like a wildcard. 
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 08:15 PM)TheFan Wrote: Not sure I'd want to go to the Colts situation. Basically no QB and a mediocre roster. They have the 4th draft pick which means they likely aren't getting Young or Stroud. After those two the quality becomes kind of iffy and looks more like a wildcard. 

The Colts would be a dream job. They have a solid Oline, a premiere RB, a great Defense, and they play in a division the Jags just won.

WTS, they should go with a defensive mind. Lou would be great there

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 08:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Colts would be a dream job. They have a solid Oline, a premiere RB, a great Defense, and they play in a division the Jags just won.

Colts had the 28th ranked defense in ppg, their line gave up the 2nd most sacks in the league, and run game was bottom half in most categories. 

The division is definitely trash though.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 08:48 PM)TheFan Wrote: Colts had the 28th ranked defense in ppg, their line gave up the 2nd most sacks in the league, and run game was bottom half in most categories. 

Most likely why they're looking for a new coach. They had an HC for half the year who had as much HC experience as I do.

Their oline is Ryan Kelley, Quinton Nelson, Will Fries, Braden Smith, Bernhard Rainmann. 

Reply/Quote
In a conference that has Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert, Lawrence, etc, you better have a QB who’s at least capable of becoming elite someday.

That alone would disqualify the Colts from being a “dream job” right now, imo.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 08:48 PM)TheFan Wrote: Colts had the 28th ranked defense in ppg, their line gave up the 2nd most sacks in the league, and run game was bottom half in most categories. 

The division is definitely trash though.

The Titans and Texans are sure looking like trash for the near future, but the Jaguars are sort of like a B- version of the Bengals where they looked to be out of things and then they turned it around and are making a push.  It'll be interesting to see what the Colts do at QB.  The Texans miracle-ed themselves out of the 1st pick and into the 2nd pick, so the Colts could trade a buttload to get the Bears 1st overall pick to address their QB needs as well as screw the Texans.

Or the Colts could keep with their usual standards by plugging in a vet QB and coming up a bit short.  Jimmy G?  Mayfield?  Darnold?  Maybe they'd actually make a play for a guy who isn't crap/toast by looking at Jackson.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 07:56 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I question your fandom at least once a month...

Well sorry I have integrity,  guess I will start questioning yours once a month

PS I'm sure I've been fan much longer than you..
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 08:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Colts would be a dream job. They have a solid Oline, a premiere RB, a great Defense, and they play in a division the Jags just won.

The Colts are probably looking to pair up a young QB with a young offensive coach. They will likely go out and looked for an experienced defensive coordinator to go with Brian Callahan. That seems to be the fad lately.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 08:09 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I’d be more upset if Anarumo was getting an interview.

I think they can replace Callahan and still have a potent offense.

Same here, if Pitcher waits for this move he could stay and possibly be a smooth transition.  It's hard to see losing Lou going smooth with any replacement. 
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 05:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wouldn't surprise me if Brian, Dan Pitcher the QB coach or Betcher the LB coach left for higher positions.

As of right now, Pitcher is the OC in waiting. He's part of the succession plan the team has talked about.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 12:57 AM)phil413 Wrote: Same here, if Pitcher waits for this move he could stay and possibly be a smooth transition.  It's hard to see losing Lou going smooth with any replacement. 

You don't think some defensive coaches would be holding their hands up high to get this gig?... I do. Lou may be many things, but irreplaceable he is not.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote