Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combine Results - DL / LB
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2017/3/4/14810722/nfl-combine-2017-results-defensive-line-myles-garrett-jonathan-allen

will put up linebacker when they start

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Hassan Reddick would make for a great 4-3 LB. ILB or OLB and I would love to get this guy. Unfortunately I think he gets drafted in the twenties.

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 01:53 PM)Okeana Wrote: Hassan Reddick would make for a great 4-3 LB.  ILB or OLB and I would love to get this guy.  Unfortunately I think he gets drafted in the twenties.

Am I crazy to see some Von Miller similarities here?
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 01:53 PM)Okeana Wrote: Hassan Reddick would make for a great 4-3 LB. ILB or OLB and I would love to get this guy. Unfortunately I think he gets drafted in the twenties.

I think after today's test and drills, combined with his senior bowl and tape, he's going top 20. Arizona, Philadelphia, Washington, Tennessee.

Is he going higher than Foster now? No known concussions, covers better and doesn't try to beat up hospital staff because the line's too long.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 02:35 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Am I crazy to see some Von Miller similarities here?

very.  Miller is about 10 pounds heavier, hasson was faster tho so yeah very similar testing.  The fact that Reddick played safety is pretty amazing.

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 02:42 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think after today's test and drills, combined with his senior bowl and tape, he's going top 20. Arizona, Philadelphia, Washington, Tennessee.

Is he going higher than Foster now? No known concussions, covers better and doesn't try to beat up hospital staff because the line's too long.

His stock is rising fast and I think its possible.  I have to watch more tape on him, but I could see him being a superstar at the next level as a 4-3 backer

Reply/Quote
McMillan running a nice 40. 4.61.

I was worried he'd be a Maualuga, just checked Rey's combine time 4.91.
Reply/Quote
Vince Beigel put up a decent number at 4.68 and helped himself.

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 01:53 PM)Okeana Wrote: Hassan Reddick would make for a great 4-3 LB.  ILB or OLB and I would love to get this guy.  Unfortunately I think he gets drafted in the twenties.

He will be our nightmare with the Steelers for the next dozen years.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 04:05 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: McMillan running a nice 40. 4.61.

I was worried he'd be a Maualuga, just checked Rey's combine time 4.91.

His vert and bench was pretty respectable too. I think hell test himself into the end of the first though unfortunately.
Reply/Quote
Tanoh Kpass running a 4.8 40 at 6'7" 289lbs is pretty crazy.

It will be hard for our front office to pass on that in the 2nd.
Hunt was older. Tanoh is still just 22. Whoever it is that loves their big ass DEs will probably get another
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 06:50 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Tanoh Kpass running a 4.8 40 at 6'7" 289lbs is pretty crazy.

Hunt was older. Tanoh is still just 22. Whoever it is that loves their big ass DEs will probably get another

While I still believe they prefer the big DE, there was an article quoting Guenther as saying they aren't going to be a concerned with that this year and the primary characteristic is speed and pass rush skills.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 04:13 PM)Okeana Wrote: Vince Beigel put up a decent number at 4.68 and helped himself.
Carl Lawson has really helped himself as well...

4.67 40   35 reps of 225(tops)  4.19 20 shuttle(tops)   7.46 3 cone drill  33 inch vertical and 114.0 inch broad jump

Looks like a late 1st/early 2nd rounder to me.
Reply/Quote
Derek Rivers ( Youngstown State ) and Jordan Willis ( Kansas State ) helping themselves out. Both are probably climbing up DE draft boards as we speak.

The 6-foot-3, 255-pound Willis blew the doors off Lucas Oil Stadium, running a 4.53 in the 40 while registering a 39-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-5 broad jump, a 6.85 three-cone drill, and a 4.28-second short shuttle as part of the defensive line group.

Rivers, at 6-foot-3, 248 pounds, wasn’t far behind in any category, running a 4.61 40 with a 35-inch vertical, a 10-foot-3 broad jump, a 6.94-second three-cone, and a 4.4-second short shuttle.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 06:50 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Tanoh Kpass running a 4.8 40 at 6'7" 289lbs is pretty crazy.

I dont get the comparisons to hunt though bc kpassagnon actually can rush the passer extremely well. Kpassagnon knock is run defense.
(03-05-2017, 10:48 PM)pulses Wrote: Carl Lawson has really helped himself as well...

4.67 40   35 reps of 225(tops)  4.19 20 shuttle(tops)   7.46 3 cone drill  33 inch vertical and 114.0 inch broad jump

Looks like a late 1st/early 2nd rounder to me.

Wasnt his first 40 time like a 4.81 though?
Reply/Quote

This guy has rapidly become the freak of the week.  Maybe he is the SAM backer that could rotate up to RDE on passing downs?  He looked so fluid in every drill.  No wasted motions. 

So far, this guy, and Soloman Thomas have separated themselves.  I was disappointed with the eye test of Taco Charlton.  

Tak McKinley from UCLA also could play this role.  They tried to get that hybrid player once before with Dontay Moch, but he was a dud.  I know the Bengals seem to make a lot of decisions based on previous failures (don't want small school guy after Jerome Simpson, don't want to draft a RB early in Rd 1, etc.) but both of those guys look like difference makers.  

I felt bad for Derek Barnett as he was trying to fight through an illness.  I hope he kills it at his pro day.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 06:50 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Tanoh Kpass running a 4.8 40 at 6'7" 289lbs is pretty crazy.

I was thinking the same thing...he sure fits the Bengals DE mold, but the small school thing...He looked like a young Karl Malone standing among the other players.  Shoulders look like bowling balls. 
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 09:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was thinking the same thing...he sure fits the Bengals DE mold, but the small school thing...He looked like a young Karl Malone standing among the other players.  Shoulders look like bowling balls. 

Yeah the small school thing but he did dominate at the senior bowl....his floor is low but I think his ceiling could be lawrence taylor/too tall jones. Just has that feel. Hes being compared to carlos dunlap apparently now. 
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 11:03 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Derek Rivers ( Youngstown State ) and Jordan Willis ( Kansas State ) helping themselves out. Both are probably climbing up DE draft boards as we speak.

The 6-foot-3, 255-pound Willis blew the doors off Lucas Oil Stadium, running a 4.53 in the 40 while registering a 39-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-5 broad jump, a 6.85 three-cone drill, and a 4.28-second short shuttle as part of the defensive line group.

Rivers, at 6-foot-3, 248 pounds, wasn’t far behind in any category, running a 4.61 40 with a 35-inch vertical, a 10-foot-3 broad jump, a 6.94-second three-cone, and a 4.4-second short shuttle.

The more I see the depth of talent at LB, TE, WR, etc. the more I think with Soloman Thomas likely long gone, that I would like the Bengals to field offers and slide in Rd 1, get a really good talent like Reddick or Tak McKinley and get an additional second rounder to help fill the void at Guard AND get one of those TEs or WRs.  
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 09:51 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Yeah the small school thing but he did dominate at the senior bowl....his floor is low but I think his ceiling could be lawrence taylor/too tall jones. Just has that feel. Hes being compared to carlos dunlap apparently now. 

If the Bengals could slide in Rd 1 and get an additional second rounder, I would like to see them get a guy like Reddick in Rd 1, a Guard like Feeney in Rd 2, and a DE like this guy also in Rd 2.  

There is just so much room to improve a lot of positions in this draft.

If they could come away with an impact LB, DE, and G in the first two rounds, I would be ecstatic.  Maybe we could add Curtis Samuel to that list if they trade McCarron?  Wow...
Reply/Quote