Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combine combined thread
(03-03-2019, 11:49 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Q Williams runs the fastest 40 for DT's..unofficial 4.84. Dexter Lawrence ran a good time for such a big man but he's done in by a quad.

Williams 10 yard split (what really matters for D linemen) was one of the best ever. Just slightly behind Donald but better than Suh,Geno, Watt,etc
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2019, 12:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: Williams 10 yard split (what really matters for D linemen) was one of the best ever. Just slightly behind Donald but better than Suh,Geno, Watt,etc

heavier than Donald;  Its every bit as impressive.  The guy is a specimen 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2019, 12:46 PM)Okeana Wrote: heavier than Donald;  Its every bit as impressive.  The guy is a specimen 

For sure, to me he still “looks young”. I think I’m an NFL weight program he can add even more muscle and then as he matures he’ll get a bit more “old man” strength.
Reply/Quote
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/trysten-hill?id=32194849-4c00-0003-9608-9c2ce3128b7b

Trysten Hill is smashing the combine

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2019, 12:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: For sure, to me he still “looks young”. I think I’m an NFL weight program he can add even more muscle and then as he matures he’ll get a bit more “old man” strength.

yeah he's 21 lol

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2019, 12:50 PM)Okeana Wrote: yeah he's 21 lol

Right but you’ll see some guys even at 21 who look like men. He has some baby fat still that I think makes him look less imposing than he is. Lots of upside here.
Reply/Quote
Montez Sweat is in play at 11 to me. This guy just ran a 4.42 at 260. His senior Bowl was amazing and he has production in the SEC.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2019, 01:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: Montez Sweat is in play at 11 to me. This guy just ran a 4.42 at 260.  His senior Bowl was amazing and he has production in the SEC.

lots of talented d line this year.  with all our needs it hard to justify an edge rusher, but someone will be there at 11.  I personally am still hoping that someone like the rams or the patriots are in love with a guy at 11 and moves up for 2's and 3's which could really be a huge boon in this class

Reply/Quote
Ben Burr Kirven with the 4.57, I’m intrigued more so with him now.
Reply/Quote
Devin Bush with the 4.44....yep I’m good with him at 11. He has been my White fall back for a while and I think he could be the pick.
Reply/Quote
Bush just moved top 15 for sure

Reply/Quote
Board favorite Pratt with the 4.58. This years LB class just has speed for days.
Reply/Quote
White comes back with the 4.42. I feel confident that we can get a LB with some speed if we so choose, plenty of it out here.
Reply/Quote
White now top 10

Reply/Quote
Tranquill has peaked my interest.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2019, 04:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Tranquill has peaked my interest.

Yea he looks way better movement wise than I had expected. I’m more and more comfortable that we could go LB day 2 with a Pratt or a Tranquill and still be okay if we decide to go straight BPA at 11.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2019, 04:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Tranquill has peaked my interest.

I am an ND season ticket holder and Coney got all the hype but Tranquill was way better. Always 25 to 30 yards deep in coverage glued to someone. The kids from BYU, Texas and Pratt look good as well. Should be able to get some quality rounds 2-4 at LB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2019, 04:41 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: I am an ND season ticket holder and Coney got all the hype but Tranquill was way better. Always 25 to 30 yards deep in coverage glued to someone. The kids from BYU, Texas and Pratt look good as well. Should be able to get some quality rounds 2-4 at LB.

Takitaki from BYU reminds me of Vigil, high effort guy but not quite sure he is fluid enough. I think he’s a day 3 option but not sure he presents a huge upgrade. I’d rather have Okereke from Stanford in the same range.
Reply/Quote
Kendall Scheffield appears to have torn his pec benching like fellow Buckeye Billy Price last year. Tough blow for a guy who probably would have wow’d a bit with his 40 and helped his draft stock.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2019, 04:45 PM)Au165 Wrote: Takitaki from BYU reminds me of Vigil, high effort guy but not quite sure he is fluid enough. I think he’s a day 3 option but not sure he presents a huge upgrade. I’d rather have Okereke from Stanford in the same range.

Okereke looked good in drills. A first round of Devin White with a mid round LB like Okareke, Tranquill, Pratt, or the kid from Oregon would go a long way towards rebuilding the LB corps.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote