Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combine measurement notes
The Combine has started, the first day being measurements. So far, the OL has been measured.

A pleasant surprise was Elflein's arm length actually measuring at 33.25". There was worry he'd be under 32.5", but this higher arm length should boost his stock because it should provide teams with better confidence he can better handle longer armed DL and show more ability to play OG too.
Ethan Pocic actually has a slightly shorter arm length than Elflein at 33.125". That is surprising for someone who is 3" shorter.
Both have good arm length for center though.

Dion Dawkins measured at only 6'4" tall but did measure 35" arms. The height is typically more in line with OG but the arm length is ideal for OT.

Forrest Lamp measured at a very short 32.25" arm length.

Julie'n Davenport had the longest arm length at 36.5".

Full chart-style Combine results listed here, will be updated throughout the Combine:
http://www.fanragsports.com/nfl/nfl-scouting-combine-2017-player-measurement-tracker/

EDIT 1 - Some WR notes:
Corey Davis 6'2.875", 209 lbs
Zay Jones 6'2.125", 201 lbs
Cooper Kupp at 6'1.5" tall, 204 lbs
JuJu Smith-Schuster at 6'1.375" tall, 215 lbs, good sized hands at 10.5". Watching some of his tape, he reminds me of Marvin Jones.
Mike Williams at good height/weight (6'3.5", 218 lb), hand size average (9.375")

EDIT 2 - DL and LB notes:
Taco Charlton has ideal Bengal 4-3 DE measurements - 6'5.5", 277 lbs, 34.25" arms
Malik McDowell looks to be trying to fill out his frame and be a true DT or 3-4 DE - 6'6", 295 lbs, 34.75" arms
DEs Daeshon Hall, Deatrich Wise, and Tanoh Kpassagnon also have that ideal size/length, 6'5+", 265+ lbs, 35.625" arm length
Demarcus Walker and Solomon Thomas identical arm length at 33", which is on the shorter end
Haason Reddick participating as a DL, not LB. 6'1", 237 lbs.

Reuben Foster down to 229 lbs, only 6' tall on the dot.
Cunningham 234 lbs but 6'3"
Anzalone, Beckwith, Davis, McMillan all in the 238-243 lb range, also all 6'1" to 6'3". Ideal LB range for what Bengals typically prefer.
Jabrill Peppers participating as a LB, not DB. 5'11", 213 lbs

EDIT 3 - TE notes:
Jeremy Sprinkle with Bengals preferred TE measurements - 6'5", 252 lbs, 34.5" arms, largest hands at 10.75"
Evan Engram lightest TE at 234 lbs, only 6'3". Likely just going to always be a big receiver
Adam Shaheen heaviest TE at 278 lbs, 6'6". Big dude.
A lot of TEs are in the 6'4"-6'5" range, 245-255 lb range.
David Njoku has second-longest arms, 35.25" behind Pharaoh Brown (35.625")
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
RB measurements now in.

Noteworthy:
Leonard Fournette weighed the most for RBs at 240 lbs.
Donnel Pumphrey the lightest at 176 lbs.

Kareem Hunt, who was in the 220's during the 2016 season, dropped down to 208 lbs for the Senior Bowl.
However, he now has gotten back closer to his normal weight, coming in at 216 lbs.

D'Onta Foreman has dropped some weight from this past season, going from 249 lbs down to 233 lbs.

Most of the RBs that people have been mocking outside of Fournette, Foreman, and Perine are all in the 210-220 lb range, which is a good size for a workhorse RB.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 03:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Combine has started, the first day being measurements. So far, the OL has been measured.

A pleasant surprise was Elflein's arm length actually measuring at 33.25". There was worry he'd be under 32.5", but this higher arm length should boost his stock because it should provide teams with better confidence he can better handle longer armed DL and show more ability to play OG too.
Ethan Pocic actually has a slightly shorter arm length than Elflein at 33.125". That is surprising for someone who is 3" shorter.
Both have good arm length for center though.

Dion Dawkins measured at only 6'4" tall but did measure 35" arms. The height is typically more in line with OG but the arm length is ideal for OT.

Forrest Lamp measured at a very short 32.25" arm length.

Julie'n Davenport had the longest arm length at 36.5".

Full chart-style Combine results listed here, will be updated throughout the Combine:
http://www.fanragsports.com/nfl/nfl-scouting-combine-2017-player-measurement-tracker/

Johnson, Roderick  36" arms with 10 3/4 hands.  His stock will rise.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 04:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: RB measurements now in.

Noteworthy:
Leonard Fournette weighed the most for RBs at 240 lbs.
Donnel Pumphrey the lightest at 176 lbs.

Kareem Hunt, who was in the 220's during the 2016 season, dropped down to 208 lbs for the Senior Bowl.
However, he now has gotten back closer to his normal weight, coming in at 216 lbs.

D'Onta Foreman has dropped some weight from this past season, going from 249 lbs down to 233 lbs.

Most of the RBs that people have been mocking outside of Fournette, Foreman, and Perine are all in the 210-220 lb range, which is a good size for a workhorse RB.

This is a deep impressive class of runningbacks.  I cannot wait to see what Fournette runs.  What happens if he runs a sub 4.4 which I predicted?  

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 09:18 PM)Okeana Wrote: This is a deep impressive class of runningbacks.  I cannot wait to see what Fournette runs.  What happens if he runs a sub 4.4 which I predicted?  

I get on the Fournette at 9 train if he does that at 240lbs. 
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 09:09 PM)Okeana Wrote: Johnson, Roderick  36" arms with 10 3/4 hands.  His stock will rise.

same thing I was thinking. 
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 09:19 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I get on the Fournette at 9 train if he does that at 240lbs. 

Yup.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 09:19 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: same thing I was thinking
I think Johnson has a huge ceiling !
Reply/Quote
Cam Robinson measured in with prototypical size and length. If he has any movement skills at all I think he shoots back up boards.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 11:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Cam Robinson measured in with prototypical size and length. If he has any movement skills at all I think he shoots back up boards.

5 star recruit who started every game at LT for the best college football program in the country while he was there. Prototype LT who is 21 years old with 43 games of top notch college experience. I don't think he ever fell too far down the boards that matter. 

My only worry is health. The big knock on Bama is guys come out of there beat up. And since he played every game possible you know he played through some stuff. What was it? Is it healed? And will it effect him long term? If he checks out health wise he should be on our short list of guys we consider at 9. 

Dude is a brute. Sure he needs some work. But guys are not going through him, they have to go around. And with Andy's quick release we could make it work while the youngin improves. 
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 12:31 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: 5 star recruit who started every game at LT for the best college football program in the country while he was there. Prototype LT who is 21 years old with 43 games of top notch college experience. I don't think he ever fell too far down the boards that matter. 

My only worry is health. The big knock on Bama is guys come out of there beat up. And since he played every game possible you know he played through some stuff. What was it? Is it healed? And will it effect him long term? If he checks out health wise he should be on our short list of guys we consider at 9. 

Dude is a brute. Sure he needs some work. But guys are not going through him, they have to go around. And with Andy's quick release we could make it work while the youngin improves. 

He has a big character red flag, as well.  He was arrested for a misdemeanor possession of narcotics and felony possession of a stolen firearm.  The only reason he got off was the DA refused to prosecute him because he was a football player.  His quote was...

"The main reason that I'm doing this is that I refuse to ruin the lives of two young men who have spent their adolescence and their teenage years working and sweating while we were all home in the air conditioning," 

It's also worth noting that some are projecting him as a guard, not a T at the next level.  The fact that other highly touted Alabama tackles like DJ Fluker and James Carpenter were forced to move inside in the pros doesn't bode well for him being a quality T at the next level.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 01:45 AM)Whatever Wrote: He has a big character red flag, as well.  He was arrested for a misdemeanor possession of narcotics and felony possession of a stolen firearm.  The only reason he got off was the DA refused to prosecute him because he was a football player.  His quote was...

"The main reason that I'm doing this is that I refuse to ruin the lives of two young men who have spent their adolescence and their teenage years working and sweating while we were all home in the air conditioning," 

It's also worth noting that some are projecting him as a guard, not a T at the next level.  The fact that other highly touted Alabama tackles like DJ Fluker and James Carpenter were forced to move inside in the pros doesn't bode well for him being a quality T at the next level.
The last person to start as a true freshman at LT for Bama before Cam did it was Andre Smith. He did pretty well for us as a tackle. And Cam has a lot more athleticism than Andre did.

There was like a gram of weed in the car. And they couldnt prove who the gun belonged to. From what I have seen everbody at Bama says that was an out of character incident.

I just dont see how anyone gets drafted before him to play tackle. His top competition is..Hip surgery with one season of division 1 ball. Or 25 year old sub 300lbs guy with 1 season of division 1 ball. Im taking the 5 star true freshman starter, with 43 games in the SEC, outland trophy winning all american all day every day over those two.

If the Panthers dont do anything about their tackle situation in free agency I dont see how they pass on him. Hell the Jets currently need two tackles. As of now I dont think he even gets to us.

Hooker has a shitload of surgeries going. Solomon lacks prototype size. Allen has some medical concerns. The QBs are the QBs. Dalvin cook has medical fumbles and arrests. Taco isnt elite. The two WR arent surefire top 10s. Foster doesnt cause turnovers.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 01:45 AM)Whatever Wrote: He has a big character red flag, as well.  He was arrested for a misdemeanor possession of narcotics and felony possession of a stolen firearm.  The only reason he got off was the DA refused to prosecute him because he was a football player.  His quote was...

There were four people in the car and the prosecutor couldn't prove what belonged to whom in a rental car. That's why he didn't prosecute. 
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 11:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Cam Robinson measured in with prototypical size and length. If he has any movement skills at all I think he shoots back up boards.

I should have mentioned the other (likely) first round OTs, but I didn't:
Ryan Ramczyk - Good height/weight, but shorter than desired arm length at 33.75"
Garett Bolles - Good height, needs to eclipse the 300 lb mark though, and also shorter than ideal arm length for OT (34")

Cam Robinson might be the first OL off the board after all.

I agree with you though, he needs to demonstrate the athleticism to handle LT duties. If not, he should still be a very good RT or RG in the NFL.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 09:27 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: There were four people in the car and the prosecutor couldn't prove what belonged to whom in a rental car. That's why he didn't prosecute. 

I'm not sure about the firearm, but in the case of narcotics, if it's in the car, not on someone's person, and nobody claims it, everyone gets charged.  The prosecutor dropped it for lack of evidence, but then the DA made his comments, and the prosecutor works for the DA.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 11:26 AM)Whatever Wrote: I'm not sure about the firearm, but in the case of narcotics, if it's in the car, not on someone's person, and nobody claims it, everyone gets charged.  The prosecutor dropped it for lack of evidence, but then the DA made his comments, and the prosecutor works for the DA.

If everyone gets charged, why wasn't everyone charged?
Reply/Quote
I like how a thread about measurements becomes a debate about a certain player. Cam Robinson has among the worst feet Ive seen at tackle and most of success at the college level was directly related to his size and strength. He may be the first guy to go off the boards because of his rare size and coaches who think they can coach him up. The major win with him is that he can always convert to a very good guard and for me that's his natural position.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 04:35 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: The last person to start as a true freshman at LT for Bama before Cam did it was Andre Smith. He did pretty well for us as a tackle. And Cam has a lot more athleticism than Andre did.

There was like a gram of weed in the car. And they couldnt prove who the gun belonged to. From what I have seen everbody at Bama says that was an out of character incident.

I just dont see how anyone gets drafted before him to play tackle. His top competition is..Hip surgery with one season of division 1 ball. Or 25 year old sub 300lbs guy with 1 season of division 1 ball. Im taking the 5 star true freshman starter, with 43 games in the SEC, outland trophy winning all american all day every day over those two.

If the Panthers dont do anything about their tackle situation in free agency I dont see how they pass on him. Hell the Jets currently need two tackles. As of now I dont think he even gets to us.

Hooker has a shitload of surgeries going. Solomon lacks prototype size. Allen has some medical concerns. The QBs are the QBs. Dalvin cook has medical fumbles and arrests. Taco isnt elite. The two WR arent surefire top 10s. Foster doesnt cause turnovers.
He may be the first T off the board, but this a very weak T class, and Robinson will likely be overdrafted because of it.

Cam isn't as highly rated as Andre, and Smith came out in a stronger T class.  Plus, Smith was an adequate-good starter here, but nowhere near worth a top ten pick.  I don't think anyone would take Andre 2.0 at 9.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 11:40 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If everyone gets charged, why wasn't everyone charged?

I already posted the DA's quote as to why they weren't in this thread.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 12:05 PM)Whatever Wrote: I already posted the DA's quote as to why they weren't in this thread.

Wrong. You posted why the prosecutor didn't prosecute the two people out of the four who were charged. You didn't post anything about why only two were charged and two weren't if everybody is supposed to be charged as you claim. 

So, again, why were two people charged and two people weren't?
Reply/Quote