Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you looking forward to the Most this Football Season?
Neither my ex-wife, nor my daughters are football fans. But I did so much with them the rest of the week I was allowed to have a few hours on Saturday and Sunday to watch football.

It really helped that I always recorded the Bengal games and watched them later. I could watch the game in half the time, and if something did come up where I had to attend to a crying baby or something like that all I had to do was hit "pause". It would have been much worse if I had been forced to leave to leave the final minutes of a close game.

I know some guys who work 60 hours a week and then when they have some time off on the weekends they feel like they after entitled to nothing but "me time" and spend entire days golfing. They spent very little time with their kids and then wondered why the kids would always bug them during games.

If you want a few hours to watch football on the weekend you have to earn it by spending lots of your other free time with your family.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 09:23 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Must be nice?!?! Lol! My wife, let alone my daughter aren't football fans.  :angry:
All I hear how much longer. 15 minutes, is that sports minutes or real minutes. I envy you guys with football living women and daughters.  Tongue

They complain about football minutes? Introduce them to basketball minutes. Never fails, there's something I want to watch and it's on after the basketball game. But, no worries, there's only two minutes left and team A is beating team B by 23 points. Fifteen minutes later...

Jebus, if I'm ever condemned to death I hope they time my last day in basketball minutes.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 09:16 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: This can be anything, from your favorite player, going to the games, gathering with friends at your favorite pub or being with family...  What is it you enjoy the most and planning on doing when the season starts?  Give details about what you enjoy the most about the football season....

WHO DEY!!!!

Too much to mention...

But sitting in my armchair, drinking beer, watching Hill and Gio run all over teams, Dalton hitting
Green, Eifert, MLJ, Sanu, Hewitt, Kroft, Fisher, Moore, Super Mario for big gains and TD after TD...

On Defense watching Geno, Dunlap, MJ, Clarke, Gilberry, Sims, Hardison sacking the QB over and
over and becoming the #1 pass rushing team in the league. Burfict and Dawson picking off QB's
and causing fumbles all over the place, Dennard and Dre becoming the best CB duo on the league,
and George of the Jungle laying the wood on any Stooler coming over the middle...

Adam Jones and Super Mario Alford becoming the most dangerous Punt and Kick Returners in the
league and our ST's as a whole dominating...

Just to name a few. :blush:
Reply/Quote
RE: What are you looking forward to the Most this Football Season?

Football season
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Getting back together with family and friends at the local spots and catching the games together. Always jawing with one another. Have a variety of fans around these parts since we are centrally located in south-central PA. Eagles, Squeelers, Ratbirds, Skins, Giants, Patsies, and a couple fellow Bengals fans. No brawls yet, but tempers rise each week! Smirk
"In my mind, I'm already there"
Reply/Quote
Winning a playoff game Tongue
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I am most looking forward to the offense under Hue with a full complement of weapons. I can't wait to see it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jeremy Hill
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We already started planning the trip to Arizona this year. The game is on my Bday. We are rolling out 5 deep and my bro from ND is meeting us there to make it 6 deep total. Already bought our airfare and hit a lick on it.... Paid $280 for a round trip, non stop flight out of CVG on Allegiant Airlines (doubt we could drive there cheaper than that, and did I mention its a nonstop flight Big Grin ) Hotel room is already paid for..... and one of my dudes that is going has already found us another group of people that are going that are planning to tailgate. Man late November in Zona should be nice Wink
It's Rough in the Nasty Nati
Reply/Quote
I look forward to just having football back. It's such a long offseason.

I look forward to my fantasy drafts and seeing old friends.

I look forward to college football returning a week before and setting the stage for the men's league. I work nights and sleep until about 10:30 on Saturdays. There's nothing better than starting the weekend by walking out into the living room when the wife has game day on and bacon cooking in the kitchen. Seriously one of my ten favorite things about being alive. I look forward to goofy-ass Lee Corso and his mascot predictions kicking off the weekend, then it's on.

I look forward to having games on from 12pm into the early morning hours of Sunday (West Coast games), giving me a chance to watch any time. I look forward to hoping UK can pull off some stupid upset in the SEC, prompting people around campus to set stuff on fire.

I look forward to prepping my fantasy roster all week and one last time Sunday morning, fighting for players that may not amount to jack all in the name of finding something.

Then there's Sunday. I think about it all freaking week (sad, I know). Opening Day ranks ahead of Christmas and my birthday in terms of excitement for me. My favorite day of the year by a lot. I look forward to seeing predictions fall flat. I look forward to powerhouse becoming doormats and laughingstocks becoming contenders. Nothing is funnier than looking back at all the schedule release angst 8 games in when half the teams you were worried about are shells of their supposed selves.

Mostly I look forward to keeping the hope that this team can become something more alive. It was as strong as ever weeks1-3 last year. It was strong after the GB game in 2013. I just want to keep it all year long this time around. We take some beatings as a fan base. There have been some epic letdowns. I want to remain confident all year in 2015.

This time of year, I look forward to almost everything about football season.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 07:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Neither my ex-wife, nor my daughters are football fans.  But I did so much with them the rest of the week I was allowed to have a few hours on Saturday and Sunday to watch football.  

It really helped that I always recorded the Bengal games and watched them later.  I could watch the game in half the time, and if something did come up where I had to attend to a crying baby or something like that all I had to do was hit "pause".  It would have been much worse if I had been forced to leave to leave the final minutes of a close game.

I know some guys who work 60 hours a week and then when they have some time off on the weekends they feel like they after entitled to nothing but "me time" and spend entire days golfing.  They spent very little time with their kids and then wondered why the kids would always bug them during games.  

If you want a few hours to watch football on the weekend you have to earn it by spending lots of your other free time with your family.

It helps massively when your wife is as big a football fan as you are.  I take it for granted sometimes, but most guys don't get away that half the stuff I do during the season.  It works because  I don't abandon the family to watch the game, we watch together.  She just happens to be more into the college game, where I'm into the NFL.  My boy seems to like it, too although football season is probably the only time of year that kids programming isn't on our TV every minute that we're home.
Reply/Quote