Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Comeback Player of the Year could get interesting down the stretch…
(01-09-2022, 12:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dak probably sealed it tonight. Personally I think it should go to the guy that’s in the MVP conversation, but oh well. One more thing for Burrow to have a chip on his shoulder about.

Would be a shame if he won it due to padding his stats vs the Eagles back ups. What a joke that game was. Dallas played starters (and inflate their stats) while the Eagles went with almost all back ups.

Oh well, like you said anything that might help give him a tiny bit more motivation is good.
Reply/Quote
The biggest thing going against Burrow is: What has he done to comeback to? You have to do something to comeback to it,
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wonder if Dak Prescott's dissing the referees today, and saying it is a "credit to them [fans]" for chucking debris at the refs will cost him any votes. Not just his last [idiotic] play, but his comment later supporting the refs having things thrown at them.

"Prescott was asked about fans throwing debris on the field. According to The Athletic, Prescott was 'disappointed' when he was told fans were throwing the trash at players but changed his tune when he was told they were aiming for the officials. 'A credit to them,' Prescott said. 'The fans felt the same way as us. I guess that’s why the refs took off and got out of there so fast. I think everybody is upset with the way this thing played out,' he added, via Dallas Morning-News.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 05:11 AM)Nepanyrush Wrote: I wonder if Dak Prescott's dissing the referees today, and saying it is a "credit to them [fans]" for chucking debris at the refs will cost him any votes. Not just his last [idiotic] play, but his comment later supporting the refs having things thrown at them.

"Prescott was asked about fans throwing debris on the field. According to The Athletic, Prescott was 'disappointed' when he was told fans were throwing the trash at players but changed his tune when he was told they were aiming for the officials. 'A credit to them,' Prescott said. 'The fans felt the same way as us. I guess that’s why the refs took off and got out of there so fast. I think everybody is upset with the way this thing played out,' he added, via Dallas Morning-News.

He's on the Cowboys...he'll get 100x more votes than Burrow no matter what.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 05:25 AM)magikod Wrote: He's on the Cowboys...he'll get 100x more votes than Burrow no matter what.

Well, I hope that at least some voters for the award hesitate about giving an award to the player who said it a credit to the fans for throwing objects at the referees. Just a terrible look. I cannot imaging Burrow making such a poor-sportsman-like statement to the press.
Reply/Quote
I am glad the referees association came out today and condemned Dak Prescott's comments:

The referees association posted on its official Twitter account Tuesday: "The NBRA condemns the comments by Dak Prescott condoning violence against game officials. As an NFL leader, he should know better. We encourage the NFL to take action to discourage this deplorable behavior in the future."
Reply/Quote
I'm laughing at the comments from a month ago... Talk about your chicken littles!!
BTW, somebody from the AFCN made it past the 1st round...
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 01:17 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm laughing at the comments from a month ago... Talk about your chicken littles!!
BTW, somebody from the AFCN made it past the 1st round...

I had to go back and look to see who said that, and ofc it was him. LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote