Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comey's opening statement is out.
(06-10-2017, 06:56 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: How do you know that these aren't Trump Repubs kool-aid drinkers disappointed that the person they voted for turned out to be such a moron?

I don't see anyone waving confederate flags or hitting on their cousins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-09-2017, 02:06 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: There damn sure should have been a special prosecutor with the IRS.

Memos of manipulated/false talking points, which Susan Rice ran around the circuit.  Talking points that were, at best, wrong and arguably lies.  They threw some poor schlub in jail, too.  Gee, nothing about an abuse of power there - patsy and all...textbook.

You're turn - what evidence do you believe there is against Trump? I'm not going to guess at what actual, factual evidence you think there has been, because Comey himself basically called the reporting/leaks reckless and irresponsible.

A bald assertion plus some fuzzy claims about Rice, and it's "my turn" already. LOL Let's pause moment to consider your "fact-based" comments on Rice.

Inside the Faux bubble, outrage over Benghazi still abounds. But outside it is a different story.   It is hard to know what point in in the investigative process your very general and unsubstantiated claims regarding Rice refer to.  Can you at least provide a link or SOMETHING that moves us a stage past my link below?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/19/jonathan-karl-benghazi-regrets_n_3302891.html
ABC News’ Jonathan Karl expressed “regret” over his reporting on Benghazi in a statement on Sunday.
Karl, the network’s White House correspondent, recently provoked controversy after his exclusive report that quoted emails which allegedly showed the Obama administration made numerous edits to, and scrubbed information from the talking points on Benghazi. He said that ABC News had reviewed emails in question, but it was later revealed that the quotes were actually from a source claiming to have summarized the emails, and were misleading. ....

Following the leaks, the White House released the full emails on Wednesday. In a move that Talking Points Memo editor Josh Marshall characterized as “epic,” CBS News’ Major Garrett said that it was congressional Republicans who fed the misleading quotes to Karl.

Perhaps you too were fed misleading quotes? Textbook what?? There was certainly abuse of power in the repeated, unnecessary investigations designed lower Hillary's poll numbers.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/09/30/kevin-mccarthys-comments-about-benghazi-should-raise-a-red-flag-for-republicans/?postshare=9941443627166312&utm_term=.404f8f2a655c
(06-09-2017, 02:12 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Do you honestly believe the IRS and Clinton's emails were "faux" scandals?  How many people needed immunity or took the fifth in those deals?  How many emails were "lost" or "disappeared" in both cases?

And the DNC thing with Bernie didn't really happen, right?, because we only learned of it thru illegal hacking so it's not admissible.

It is a scandal that Clinton kept emails on private server and "lost" some, sure. I don't recall anyone disputing that or failing to "acknowledge" that, though some may resist the pressure to elevate it to the status of a scandal like the current ones swirling around Trump. It is scandal on the level of Powell using a private email account for State business.

The IRS scandal is similarly inflated, and FAUX when cast as an Obama scandal, as if he and "his people" directed some skullduggery.

Some low level officials used keyword searches to ferret out political groups posing as legitimate tax-exempt groups. The FBI found mismanagement and some low-level officials who did not understand some rules. Republicans warned this would be WORSE THAN WATERGATE. They are still angry it was not. The effort to fix evidence around a desired conclusion fell through again. But a special prosecutor might find that smoking gun you KNOW is there somewhere--wait, did we just jump from the realm of evidence to what you like to call "smoke"?  "Centrists" let this go long ago.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-tax-teaparty-idUSBREA0D03420140114
The newspaper quoted officials as saying that investigators probing the IRS actions, which unleashed a political furor in Washington, did not uncover the type of political bias or "enemy hunting" that would constitute a criminal violation. The evidence showed a mismanaged agency enforcing rules it did not understand on applications for tax exemptions, the Journal reported.

The case is still under investigation, but criminal charges were unlikely unless unexpected evidence emerged, officials familiar with the probe told the paper.
(06-09-2017, 09:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, reminds me of the reaction people had when OJ was found not guilty.

So?
[Image: Comey-cartoon-1494945563.png?zoom=1.5625...=636%2C453]
(06-11-2017, 05:41 AM)Vlad Wrote: [Image: Comey-cartoon-1494945563.png?zoom=1.5625...=636%2C453]

The irony of this and your post about liberal memes being based on lies is rather amusing.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-11-2017, 12:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The irony of this and your post about liberal memes being based on lies is rather amusing.

Amuse all you like. This is not an all out lie. Point to the evidence Trump colluded with the Russians in order to sway the election.
(06-10-2017, 06:56 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: How do you know that these aren't Trump Repubs kool-aid drinkers disappointed that the person they voted for turned out to be such a moron?

Because I Googled 'sad liberals in Brooklyn'  Try it yourself.
(06-10-2017, 10:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't see anyone waving confederate flags or hitting on their cousins.

Makes sense. You probably didn't see anyone waving Confederate flags at Trump rallies either.

But what difference does it really make to liberals, you abhor the American flag as well, calling it a symbol of oppression, racist, and a symbol of Nation founded illegitimately....same as you do the Confederate flag.

After all, the only nut jobs you see either burning, stomping, or shitting on the American flag are liberals and Muslims.
(06-11-2017, 02:55 PM)Vlad Wrote:  

Makes sense. You probably didn't see anyone waving Confederate flags at Trump rallies either.

Mellow

[Image: 17confederate1-master768.jpg]
[Image: 872ee2250d2a46388bd09dc64a242d79-be9e180...6a08-2.jpg][img]
[Image: GTY_trump_supporter_confederate_cf_160825_4x3_992.jpg]

Smirk

(06-11-2017, 02:55 PM)Vlad Wrote: But what difference does it really make to liberals, you abhor the American flag as well, calling it a symbol of oppression, racist, and a symbol of Nation founded illegitimately....same as you do the Confederate flag.

After all, the only nut jobs you see either burning or stomping the American flag are liberals and Muslims.

That's probably because liberals understand it is protected under their free speech rights.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-11-2017, 02:28 PM)Vlad Wrote: Amuse all you like. This is not an all out lie. Point to the evidence Trump colluded with the Russians in order to sway the election.

That's not the lie. But good effort.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-11-2017, 03:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

[Image: 17confederate1-master768.jpg]
[Image: 872ee2250d2a46388bd09dc64a242d79-be9e180...6a08-2.jpg][img]
[Image: GTY_trump_supporter_confederate_cf_160825_4x3_992.jpg]

Smirk

That's probably because liberals understand it is protected under their free speech rights.
[/img]
Lol... and how did I know you would do a gotcha search. 

Nice try those one or two instances in Florida but you haven't refuted anything with that gallant effort.

To begin it, you missed the word 'probably'. Again my assertion specifically to Nately was that HE probably never saw Confederate flag at a Trump rally.
Well now he has. Nately thanks you. Too little too late though.
(06-11-2017, 03:22 PM)GMDino Wrote:  

A free speech snippet? And that's relevant how?

Burning the Confederate flag is protected under free speech too ya know.
(06-11-2017, 02:55 PM)Vlad Wrote:  

But what difference does it really make to liberals, you abhor the American flag as well, calling it a symbol of oppression, racist, and a symbol of Nation founded illegitimately....same as you do the Confederate flag.

After all, the only nut jobs you see either burning, stomping, or shitting on the American flag are liberals and Muslims.

I just figured Republicans turned "loving America" into nothing more than respecting a flag so they could destroy the actual country people bravely fought and died to protect without anyone batting an eye.  

(06-11-2017, 11:37 PM)Vlad Wrote: Lol... and how did I know you would do a gotcha search. 

Nice try those one or two instances in Florida but you haven't refuted anything with that gallant effort.

To begin it, you missed the word 'probably'. Again my assertion specifically to Nately was that HE probably never saw Confederate flag at a Trump rally.

Meh, as someone who actually supports states' rights I find people waving the confederate flag for the mere reason to offend liberals to be quite the "swing and a miss" style of statement I've come to expect from the party of morals.
Let me pose this little hypothetical.

This "collusion with the Russians" obviously had been in the works long before the election results.
Had the Hildebeest won, would there still be this unrelenting effort by the left to find Trump guilty of something?

Come on now, can just one liberal be honest and answer 'no'?
Trump is the president and the left aint liking it one bit. This concerted effort to take him down is real and its big.
Its an effort to declare this election tainted and render it illegitimate.

The only damn collusion that occurred this past election was the MSM colluding with the DNC to undermine Crazy Bernie.
Here we have the mainstream media proven to be working for Hillary ...and supposedly there's no media anti-Trump bias. None whatsoever. Riiiight.

postimg.org/image/o2c8zr72t/][Image: y1l20atod53y.jpg][/url]
(06-12-2017, 12:52 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I just figured Republicans turned "loving America" into nothing more than respecting a flag so they could destroy the actual country people bravely fought and died to protect without anyone batting an eye.  

Yeah, that's it exactly.

Meh, as someone who actually supports states' rights I find people waving the confederate flag for the mere reason to offend liberals to be quite the "swing and a miss" style of statement I've come to expect from the party of morals.

Of course "offended liberals" LOL
So by "a swing and a miss" you are implying that liberals aren't really offended by the confederate flag being displayed?
That's huge. Congrats to them.

Depending on the setting I don't think that the objective is always to offend liberals, and if it does, regardless of the setting, then that's on the liberals for letting it.
What's one more thing to add to the list of things liberals are offended by anyway.
(06-11-2017, 12:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The irony of this and your post about liberal memes being based on lies is rather amusing.

LOL might as well have added a box of files labelled "evidence for Pizzagate."  
(06-12-2017, 12:56 AM)Vlad Wrote: Let me pose this little hypothetical.

This "collusion with the Russians" obviously had been in the works long before the election results.
Had the Hildebeest won, would there still be this unrelenting effort by the left to find Trump guilty of something?

Come on now, can just one liberal be honest and answer 'no'?
Trump is the president and the left aint liking it one bit. This concerted effort to take him down is real and its big.
Its an effort to declare this election tainted and render it illegitimate.

The only damn collusion that occurred this past election was the MSM colluding with the DNC to undermine Crazy Bernie.
Here we have the mainstream media proven to be working for Hillary ...and supposedly there's no media anti-Trump bias. None whatsoever. Riiiight.

Investigation into the Russian intervention into our election would certainly have continued--and perhaps more effectively since it would have the support of the commander in chief.

Outside of the bubble and the government of Russia, few like Trump. Their concerted effort is to prop him up.

Are you thankful for Russian support of Trump?
(06-11-2017, 11:37 PM)Vlad Wrote: Lol... and how did I know you would do a gotcha search. 

Probably because you made a blatantly false statement and making fun of people who lie by showing the truth is easy and fun?

(06-11-2017, 11:37 PM)Vlad Wrote: Nice try those one or two instances in Florida but you haven't refuted anything with that gallant effort.

Mellow

(06-11-2017, 02:55 PM)Vlad Wrote: Makes sense. You probably didn't see anyone waving Confederate flags at Trump rallies either.

Except we did.

(06-11-2017, 11:37 PM)Vlad Wrote: To begin it, you missed the word 'probably'. Again my assertion specifically to Nately was that HE probably never saw Confederate flag at a Trump rally.

Wait, so after being shown to be liar you are saying you meant that Nately didn't see them...not that it didn't happen? And relying on the qualifier of "probably"?

I wish we could see what was in your heart and not the words you use.

Don't worry. I'll give you an chance.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-12-2017, 12:56 AM)Vlad Wrote:  

postimg.org/image/o2c8zr72t/][Image: y1l20atod53y.jpg][/url]

I'm not sure the meme's definition of "collusion." It's irrelevant to the difference, though. 

If Clinton got favorable coverage from media, even if she worked hand in hand with those journalists, that is still completely different than a foreign government swaying public opinion to gain a POTUS that they feel more comfortable with. Regardless of the extent of Trump's relationship with Russia, a foreign power should never have an influence in what Americans decide. And they really shouldn't feel comfortable with who our leader is, especially to a foreign power whose views run counter to the majority of Americans.