Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comp picks announced...
(02-26-2017, 08:49 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Not a good argument. Andy still throws that pick, he still breaks his thumb, and oir season is still lost.
Seems to work well for the packers with lack of free agent signings.
Hell bring back jeff saturday. He would be an upgrade.

We haven't been able to run the ball against good teams for a while now. One has to think a Center fixes that. (Even with Smith and Whitworth at Tackle and Boling and Zeitler at Guard...we didn't have what I'd consider Good running averages.)
Reply/Quote
My biggest issue with the comp pick process is that losing a top-tier talent in FA can only net, at best, the 97th pick in the draft.
In no way is the 97th pick in the draft comparable to someone like Kevin Zeitler.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 05:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: My biggest issue with the comp pick process is that losing a top-tier talent in FA can only net, at best, the 97th pick in the draft.
In no way is the 97th pick in the draft comparable to someone like Kevin Zeitler.

It isn't...but then again...each Team has the same amount of salary cap space and there is revenue sharing. It's not like baseball where TV contracts give a team like the Yankees hundreds of millions to spend and a team like the Pirates doesn't have that.

I'm a bit surprised the NFL still uses this.

IF there draft were less unpredictable...they probably wouldn't.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 05:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It isn't...but then again...each Team has the same amount of salary cap space and there is revenue sharing. It's not like baseball where TV contracts give a team like the Yankees hundreds of millions to spend and a team like the Pirates doesn't have that.

I'm a bit surprised the NFL still uses this.

IF there draft were less unpredictable...they probably wouldn't.

If the Bengals were able to televise games on Fox Sports Ohio and we'd get to listen to dedicated Bengals announcers, I'd be all for it. MLB, NHL, and NBA all have their local team play on a regional Fox Sports channel.
I can't stand to listen to the NFL announcers that are supposed to be unbiased but often clearly cater their commentary in favor of the more popular and/or bigger market team.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote