Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comp picks dictating FA approach
(03-16-2017, 04:02 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....or......or......or.....maybe, just maybe, if something you've been doing for 30 ***** years the same ***** way has a net negative yield, you'd be smart enough to change direction?  Because that's what the conversation, in context, was about.  Of course, some people, you just can't reach.....they don't have the common sense to take a shit when their gut hurts and their sphincters feel pressure, so they......and their followers......just keep running headlong into a wall five yards in front of them, expecting to take down Jesse Owens in the 100 meters. Mellow

Yep.  Except to Brown, he's become rich, Championships do not matter, and the fans really don't matter, so he probably doesn't see that as a negative. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 06:32 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Yep.  Except to Brown, he's become rich, Championships do not matter, and the fans really don't matter, so he probably doesn't see that as a negative. 

Mike Brown is Fred Durst from Limp Bizkit.

[Image: 7c8d6e460960c67d5384ee5956f07b1a.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
https://www.forbes.com/nfl-valuations/#55167e8912ce

Apparently when you are a lucky sperm club heir of an owner, you are ultimately concerned about the stability of your $1.68 billion dollar asset that generates $60MM annually more so than whether your team is successful or whether your fans have pride in the achievements of their team. If I were to make a few billion dollars as an entrepreneur, I might try to buy a franchise in order to satisfy my competitive personality. If my father were to hand me an established business, I would primarily desire to maintain that $60 million annual cash flow and perahps focus my pursuits elsewhere.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 12:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you honestly believe that Mike Brown has been more successful than most other NFL teams over the last several years while NOT EVEN TRYING TO WIN?

Seriously?

The point I am making is that just because Mike Brown does not agree with you does not mean he does not want to win.  You are free to claim that you disagree with his decisions, but you can not claim that the only way anyone could possible disagree with your opi9nion is if that poerson does not want to win.  you just are not that perfect.  and I honestly doubt you could do as good mof a job running an NFL team as you believe.  It is impossible for every team to be good in the NFL.  Half of them are going to be losers NO MATTER HOW HARD THEY TRY.  That is why it is so silly to claim that Mike Brown does not even want to win or does not even try.

It's this simple--he wants to win, to a limit, sort of, to a point, as long as it's his way.  Not heart and soul want to, though, and that's why he will never win the big prize.   He values things that make him a good person.  They don't necessarily make him a good GM.

He is not a SB winning kind of GM, though, and he never will be.  There's more than one blueprint on how to win a SB.  He follows none of them.   In this league, you can win by copying others.  He won't even do that.  And when i say win, once you've been to the playoffs a time or two, the significance of that accomplishment truly pales against the gut punch of losing in the playoffs.

Mike is ALMOST good enough.  Marv is ALMOST good enough.  Strangely, putting their almost good enough heads together somehow doesn't increase their abilities.  This is who and what they are and will always be.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 07:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Mike Brown is Fred Durst from Limp Bizkit.

[Image: 7c8d6e460960c67d5384ee5956f07b1a.jpg]

Hilarious  Sad
(03-16-2017, 07:46 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: https://www.forbes.com/nfl-valuations/#55167e8912ce

Apparently when you are a lucky sperm club heir of an owner, you are ultimately concerned about the stability of your $1.68 billion dollar asset that generates $60MM annually more so than whether your team is successful or whether your fans have pride in the achievements of their team. If I were to make a few billion dollars as an entrepreneur, I might try to buy a franchise in order to satisfy my competitive personality.  If my father were to hand me an established business, I would primarily desire to maintain that $60 million annual cash flow and perahps focus my pursuits elsewhere.

We all have different passions, maybe his wasn't being a great NFL owner?
Reply/Quote