Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compensatory Picks
(03-08-2024, 07:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It wasn't a thread about the Comp. picks, just one of the other current threads.  But yeah, we take a hit on the 5th we should have got for Bell, and then get a slight bump from the 7th that we should have received for Perine.  Historically, the Bengals have found some players in the 6th round that were able to hang on for a few years.  Bernard Scott still comes to mind, even though he was 15 years ago.

Time. Friggin'. Flies

Other notable 6ths are Bulkhead, Brandon Wilson, Jordan Evans, Trayveon and Iosivas last year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2024, 06:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: We've historically been atrocious on comp picks. Made this list years ago. I dig it up, update it, and repost it every now and then when the topic comes up.

- - - - - - - - - -
All Bengals Comp Picks since 1994 when it became a thing...

'94: 3rd- Steve Shine
'98: 7th- Damian Vaughn
'99: 7th- Scott Covington, Donald Broomfield
'03: 7th- Elton Patterson
'04: 3rd- Landon Johnson
'07: 7th- Chinedum Ndukwe
'08: 3rd- Andre Caldwell / 6th- Matt Sherry / 7th- Angelo Craig, Mario Urrutia
'09: 3rd- Chase Coffman / 6th- Bernard Scott / 7th- Clinton McDonald, Freddie Brown
'10: 3rd- Brandon Ghee / 4th- Rodderick Muckleroy
'11: 7th- Jay Finley
'13: 7th- Reid Fragel, TJ Johnson
'14: 6th- Marquis Flowers / 7th- Lavelle Westbrooks
'15: 3rd- Paul Dawson / 4th- Marcus Hardison
'17: 4th- Ryan Glasgow / 5th- JJ Dielman / 7th- Mason Schreck
'18: 5th- Darius Phillips / 7th- Rod Taylor, Auden Tate
'19: 4th- Michael Jordan / 6th- Deshaun Davis, Rodney Anderson
'22: 4th- D'Ante Smith
'23: 6th- Brad Robbins

Man, seeing some of those names makes me laugh. The 2009 class was damn good on paper. Bernard Scott was decent and Clinton McDonald was serviceable. For the Seahawks. Chase Coffman was someone that many of us were excited about but ultimately was a disappointment.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 10:19 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Man, seeing some of those names makes me laugh. The 2009 class was damn good on paper. Bernard Scott was decent and Clinton McDonald was serviceable. For the Seahawks. Chase Coffman was someone that many of us were excited about but ultimately was a disappointment.

I too initially had expectations for Coffman, but once I saw him on Hard Knocks those pretty much got put out. Lol

There were legitimately people on the old board who thought the Bengals would rue the decision to let Coffman walk because he would become a huge star in Atlanta.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote