Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Compensatory picks fixed!
Bengals get a 3rd and 6th!

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just saw that! Awesome! Wasn’t expecting them to actually do anything about it. Extra 3rd is huge.
Reply/Quote
They still need to actually hit on a comp pick sometime, but I think the odds on that are much better in the 3rd than in the 6th.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
GREAT NEWS!
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 07:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They still need to actually hit on a comp pick sometime, but I think the odds on that are much better in the 3rd than in the 6th.

what kills me is I saw an interview with Tobin a few years ago, and he stressed how valuable compensatory picks are, and how he's not interested in trading them. Referenced Marvin Jones and Geno Atkins. But he whiffs a lot on them so I just think he's insane lol

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Sweet! Who knows how it plays out but I'll enjoy watching an extra 3rd round pick on draft day instead of the 6th rounder.
Reply/Quote
Huge!

+1 to op
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 07:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They still need to actually hit on a comp pick sometime, but I think the odds on that are much better in the 3rd than in the 6th.

I like their odds of getting someone who will stick much better picking between the 3rd and 4th rounds than between the 6th and 7th, that's for sure.  That's still inside (or close to) the top 100 picks in the draft.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Great news, I wonder why the epic screwup? How can a pick valued as a 3rd rounder be mistaken for a 6th rounder?
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 07:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Bengals get a 3rd and 6th!

We'll definitely be drafting a WR in the first 3 rounds now IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 07:46 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: what kills me is I saw an interview with Tobin a few years ago, and he stressed how valuable compensatory picks are, and how he's not interested in trading them. Referenced Marvin Jones and Geno Atkins. But he whiffs a lot on them so I just think he's insane lol

I suppose he's not going to come and say in an interview: "I blow it year-after-year with these picks, why the hell does the Brown family keep me around?"
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 07:47 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Huge!

+1 to op

Yes, Synric alerted us to this injustice (that the Bengals should be getting a 3rd, not a 6th) when compensatory picks were first announced. Also reps to him.
Reply/Quote
Pick #97

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 07:51 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I suppose he's not going to come and say in an interview: "I blow it year-after-year with these picks, why the hell does the Brown family keep me around?"

yea but with his record, he SHOULD be more interested in using them for trade ups

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 07:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: yea but with his record, he SHOULD be more interested in using them for trade ups

This was my thought. The trade chart is pretty forgiving here and it would make sense to use it as part of a trade up…or acquiring a vet.
Reply/Quote
This is awesome. I was really thinking the way the depth of this draft is really helps the Bengals. I thought they could be set up for a A+ offseason. Hopefully we continue to be active in FA and set ourselves up for the draft.
Reply/Quote
4 picks in the top 3 rounds is awesome.

DTx2, OT, WR, CB, TE.

I will take 2 in FA and draft the rest.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 07:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: yea but with his record, he SHOULD be more interested in using them for trade ups

I feel you.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 07:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: yea but with his record, he SHOULD be more interested in using them for trade ups

Easy Frank, one step at a time.  First we need to get him back to making solid selections at whatever slot he's picking, then we can allow him to spend capital on bigger risks..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This is going to change the draft strategy and everyone's mock drafts!

LOVE that we have another high pick! Let's hope we hit on some difference makers!
Reply/Quote