Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Compensatory picks fixed!
Great news getting another top 100 pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The value of the commercial slot that will be aired during the Bengals pick just went up. Ninja

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
This makes me excited for new mock draft after the dust settles on FA.
Cool
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 07:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They still need to actually hit on a comp pick sometime, but I think the odds on that are much better in the 3rd than in the 6th.

The 3rd round comp pick could be prime for taking a TE like Sinnott, Johnson, or Stover, as I don't think ALL would be taken before then, but they might all be gone before the Bengals' 4th rounder.
Or an extra OL that might actually be competent.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Here's the thing I don't get about this situation. In the initial projections, it was said that the Bengals would get a fifth for Vonn Bell and a seventh for Samaje Perine. Then, for some reason, the Bell pick went to a sixth, there was no pick for Perine, and the other sixth that became a third had something to do with the difference in value between Jessie Bates III and Orlando Brown Jr. If that pick was miscalculated, was the pick for Bell and the lack of a pick for Perine also miscalculated?
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 11:49 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The 3rd round comp pick could be prime for taking a TE like Sinnott, Johnson, or Stover, as I don't think ALL would be taken before then, but they might all be gone before the Bengals' 4th rounder.
Or an extra OL that might actually be competent.

I don't know if I'd have high expectations for any player taken with a comp pick. Here's a history of the Bengals comp picks.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/3/21/23646375/bengals-draft-history-compensatory-picks

Some decent players, but no home runs.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
An extra 3rd is a big deal. I thought this was another thread about us being screwed over with our comp picks or something
until I saw Synric made the thread. So now we have 2 3rd round picks, 4 6th round picks and 2 7th round picks with the Mixon
trade correct?
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 12:51 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: An extra 3rd is a big deal. I thought this was another thread about us being screwed over with our comp picks or something
until I saw Synric made the thread. So now we have 2 3rd round picks, 4 6th round picks and 2 7th round picks with the Mixon
trade correct?

It's two 3rds, two 6ths, and two 7ths. The original comp pick projection said that the Bengals would not get a pick for Jessie Bates because Orlando Brown, Jr. cancelled him out. Then when the results came out, they said that Bates was slightly better and gave us a 6th round pick. The recalculation said that Bates was better enough than Brown to get a 3rd instead. The initial projection said that losing Vonn Bell would give us a 5th round pick, but the NFL gave us a 6th round pick instead. The initial projection said we were going to get a 7th round pick for losing Samaje Perine but instead we're getting nothing for him.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 12:15 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I don't know if I'd have high expectations for any player taken with a comp pick. Here's a history of the Bengals comp picks.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/3/21/23646375/bengals-draft-history-compensatory-picks

Some decent players, but no home runs.

Eh extra lottery tickets never hurt
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 07:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Bengals get a 3rd and 6th!

I read the thread title wrong. I thought you were saying "fixed" as in Bengals were getting screwed.

This is great news and us getting 2 six rounders versus a 3 in top 100 and a 6th shows we were getting screwed.

Glad it was fixed; the draft is huge to keep salary cup under control and bring in rookies to compete and get better with age.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:42 AM)dxdtdemon Wrote: It's two 3rds, two 6ths, and two 7ths. The original comp pick projection said that the Bengals would not get a pick for Jessie Bates because Orlando Brown, Jr. cancelled him out. Then when the results came out, they said that Bates was slightly better and gave us a 6th round pick. The recalculation said that Bates was better enough than Brown to get a 3rd instead. The initial projection said that losing Vonn Bell would give us a 5th round pick, but the NFL gave us a 6th round pick instead. The initial projection said we were going to get a 7th round pick for losing Samaje Perine but instead we're getting nothing for him.

Thanks Dxd. That is pretty good news. Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 12:13 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I read the thread title wrong. I thought you were saying "fixed" as in Bengals were getting screwed.

This is great news and us getting 2 six rounders versus a 3 in top 100 and a 6th shows we were getting screwed.

Glad it was fixed; the draft is huge to keep salary cup under control and bring in rookies to compete and get better with age.

Same thing happened to me or I would of been all over this thread earlier. I misread the title.
Reply/Quote