Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complete beat-down in all aspects
(11-01-2022, 02:43 PM)Cat-Man Wrote: It's not THAT much of a far fetched idea.   Carman played Tackle his entire football life until the Bengals drafted him and decided to play him at a different position.   He might not be good, but being in his comfort zone may make him a little more serviceable.   Right now Williams looks like the trash can. 

Yes it is. LT is far harder than playing LG. He has literally  not been active this season for games. If he cannot even be activated as a back up on game day as a G or T or anything there is 0 chance he can or should play LT in this league. 
Reply/Quote
Man...when our offense was rolling the past 2 games, it looked like we couldn't be stopped and would run through the league.

Now against the Browns, the team looks totally inept.

I watch A LOT of football and I don't see these drastic swings in performance from most other teams.

What gives?
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Man...when our offense was rolling the past 2 games, it looked like we couldn't be stopped and would run through the league.

Now against the Browns, the team looks totally inept.

I watch A LOT of football and I don't see these drastic swings in performance from most other teams.

What gives?

Just look around the NFL this season. Every team has issues and ups and downs. 49rs score 27 total points first 3 games, right the ship then get blown out by Atl. and KC. Lots of steam other than the couple no one expected (Minn., Phily) are struggling.NE starts 1-3, wins a couple, get clobbered at home by the lowly Bears, etc. etc.

The NFL is the flavor of the week club. Bengals just need to win sunday to get to 5-4, get the bye week, get players rest,get some rookies lots of repa and get a couple key players back (Reader). Tons of football to play.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 04:05 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Just look around the NFL this season. Every team has issues and ups and downs. 49rs score 27 total points first 3 games, right the ship then get blown out by Atl. and KC. Lots of steam other than the couple no one expected (Minn., Phily) are struggling.NE starts 1-3, wins a couple, get clobbered at home by the lowly Bears, etc. etc.

The NFL is the flavor of the week club. Bengals just need to win sunday to get to 5-4, get the bye week, get players rest,get some rookies lots of repa and get a couple key players back (Reader). Tons of football to play.

We had a REALLY easy schedule of terrible QB's and Lamar Jackson. To come out of this stretch 4-4 is bad.

We lost to Trubisky, Brisett, Lamar, and Cooper Rush. That's not encouraging.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 04:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We had a REALLY easy schedule of terrible QB's and Lamar Jackson. To come out of this stretch 4-4 is bad.

We lost to Trubisky, Brisett, Lamar, and Cooper Rush. That's not encouraging.

Every team has their sob story that doesn't look good.
Reply/Quote
It's very concerning that Zac Taylor
Never bothered to watch the Pats film vs
The Browns. Cause if he had he would seen that
The Pats scored 38 pts by utilizing the TEs and power
Punch you in the mouth power football.
Zac might be good at changing culture but he
Sucks at changing his gameplan
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: Their lines are better than ours. It's really that simple in my eyes. When DJ went down, I had this game circled as a nightmare scenario....and that was before Chase got hurt.

When McPherson missed the FG, I had a bad feeling in my gut, lol. I hated to be right, that's for sure.

Because of the constant losing at the point of attack, we just don't match up well with these guys. Gotta figure something out. If we could run/run block worth a damn, that game may have played out differently.

That is true, they are better in the trenches right now especially with DJ out and Jonah playing bad and the rest of the OL 
still growing together. Maybe when DJ comes back along with Chase and the OL continues to grow we can beat them. We
will see, the playcalling was bad though this game like in the first 2 games.

Kind of strange how play calling is bad for games and then out of nowhere the Saints game and then the Falcons game 
where the play calling was so much better. I don't know what to think, I would of thought things would of been coming 
around in this department after these 2 games, but you are right, the much better trenches made everything look bad.

(11-01-2022, 02:07 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: We looked like a team with no answers that didn't know what was happening or how to respond. That's coaching fellas.

Agree with this CloeHokie.

(11-01-2022, 02:13 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Carmen is a trash can. Sorry. He can't even make the active roster. He cannot play LT if he can't play LG. That's insane

Sorry, Jonah was terrible in this game and shouldn't of started. Carman played against top competition at Clemson at LT.

It is his natural position and if he isn't hurt he might of been better than what we saw of Jonah last night. Usually agree 
with you but you have to keep your options open when these things happen. Adeniji, D'Ante or Carman can play LT.

(11-01-2022, 02:43 PM)Cat-Man Wrote: It's not THAT much of a far fetched idea.   Carman played Tackle his entire football life until the Bengals drafted him and decided to play him at a different position.   He might not be good, but being in his comfort zone may make him a little more serviceable.   Right now Williams looks like the trash can. 

All true, don't understand how this is such an insane idea. Jonah must be hurt, only thing that makes sense for him to be 
dominated THAT bad by Garrett. Jonah's technique couldn't even get the job done.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 04:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sorry, Jonah was terrible in this game and shouldn't of started. Carman played against top competition at Clemson at LT.

It is his natural position and if he isn't hurt he might of been better than what we saw of Jonah last night. Usually agree 
with you but you have to keep your options open when these things happen. Adeniji, D'Ante or Carman can play LT.

Nate, I like you, but you sound insane still trying to shill Jackson Carman

Give it up. Jonah also played against top competition when he was LT at Alabama. That argument is invalid
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 09:02 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Absolutely, I have trouble comprehending how the coaching staff failed to game plan Hurst into a greater role.

Agreed
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 04:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Nate, I like you, but you sound insane still trying to shill Jackson Carman

Give it up. Jonah also played against top competition when he was LT at Alabama. That argument is invalid

Have to have some sort of solution for LT, Adeniji or D'Ante Smith, I don't care or trade for one.

Something has to change at LT for the better.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 04:22 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Every team has their sob story that doesn't look good.

And like the board thinks we need more talent. It's this player. Or that player.

When you lose bad, they all look bad. And it's likely scheme and coaching more than talent.

There's not much fire on this team. They seem to come out flat a lot. Maybe it's a SB hangover...but you'd think the 1st 2 weeks would knock that out of them.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 11:28 AM)Wyche Wrote: Neither, last night it was the oline. He was harassed all night long. 

So if the oline isnt working. change scheme?

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 08:28 PM)jeremydc Wrote: So if the oline isnt working. change scheme?

Jonah gets beat by speed rushers. Speed won't help that.

Now maybe run blocking.
Reply/Quote