Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Confidence in Katie?
(01-24-2018, 02:58 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The fact that it takes a smart person to even get into law school and it takes an even smarter person to get through law school and then takes an even smarter person to pass the bar exam.

Being a lawyer isn't a light deal.

Just out of curiosity, what degree does Mike have?
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 06:18 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Who will have the most influence on Katie?  Her husband, and he'll have a lot of say, especially in a business that is dominated by men (owners, head coaches, GMs, players, etc).

Katie.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 01:18 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Just out of curiosity, what degree does Mike have?

He went to both Dartmouth and Harvard Law. He’s no dummy despite what many think. Just stubborn as all hell.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 01:18 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Just out of curiosity, what degree does Mike have?
Difference is Mike is from a different era, is a tight ass, and had everything handed to him in life.

Troy will see that changes need to be made and will make them.
(01-25-2018, 01:20 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Katie.

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 03:17 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Difference is Mike is from a different era, is a tight ass, and had everything handed to him in life.

Troy will see that changes need to be made and will make them.

Rolleyes

And you know this because Troy has a law degree just like Mike.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 11:40 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And you know this because Troy has a law degree just like Mike.

Because Troy has said he'll do things like hire a GM and no one on the planet can possibly be as stubborn and cheap as Mike, especially when they see how much his system has failed over the years.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 01:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Because Troy has said he'll do things like hire a GM and no one on the planet can possibly be as stubborn and cheap as Mike, especially when they see how much his system has failed over the years.

And you know he is qualified because he is a lawyer just like Mike. And even though Katie will be the boss she will do everything Troy says because she is a woman in a male dominated business, according to you.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 02:58 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The fact that it takes a smart person to even get into law school and it takes an even smarter person to get through law school and then takes an even smarter person to pass the bar exam.

Book smart and common sense are often two different things.  Have you ever heard the term "educated fool"?

I actually know several lawyers....a few in family, and some friends.....most of them are very smart people, all of them are book smart, but I've known a couple that couldn't screw in a lightbulb without instructions.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 06:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I have no idea, but if they continue on Mike's path of thinking they don't need help from experienced football people, then it will likely be the same.  If they hire a qualified GM, then things can get better.  It's not for sure as many GMs have failed.  So you have to get rid of one if he isn't getting the job done, but you can't be the Browns either.  Then you have to get out of the way of football decisions, and stick to the money decisions.  They will overlap some, but stay out as much as possible.

The one thing that scares me is that I know for a fact that she balked at putting AC in her house when she was building it.

Shocked We're ******. Mellow

Reply/Quote
Well my baby caught the Katie
Left me a mule to ride
The train pulled out
I swung on behind
Crazy 'bout that hard headed woman
Hard headed woman of mine
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 02:25 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Shocked We're *****. Mellow

Well, that's a lawyer for you.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 02:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Well my baby caught the Katie
Left me a mule to ride
The train pulled out
I swung on behind
Crazy 'bout that hard headed woman
Hard headed woman of mine

Loved the Blues Brothers rendition of that blues standard.

(01-25-2018, 02:37 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Well, that's a lawyer for you.

LMAO LMAO :andy:

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 03:31 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: It depends on what's more important to her, winning or profits.  As has been pointed out, she can't do any worse than meathead has done.

She also hasn't given any indication of how she might run things.

Hopefully she will restore her grandfathers legacy.

I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt but I need to see it.  5.

She doesn't like all of the local criticism directed at her dad, so from my understanding from an interview several years ago, her and Troy want to hire a GM and remain right where they are and keep on doing the contracts.

Who knows?? Have to wait to see it.
Reply/Quote

(01-25-2018, 02:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: Book smart and common sense are often two different things.  Have you ever heard the term "educated fool"?

Nervous
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 02:39 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: She doesn't like all of the local criticism directed at her dad, so from my understanding from an interview several years ago, her and Troy want to hire a GM and remain right where they are and keep on doing the contracts.

Who knows?? Have to wait to see it.

Exactly.

Let's not kid ourselves because the criticism is pretty much nation-wide, but the local criticism would have more of an impact, which seems to be the case because it's coming from her community and the communities in the area.

They don't want to deal with all the GM duties when they can pay someone to do it better and bring in more money.  

Great post  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 01:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Because Troy has said he'll do things like hire a GM and no one on the planet can possibly be as stubborn and cheap as Mike, especially when they see how much his system has failed over the years.

You got a link?  I'd love to read all about Troy's plans to hire a GM when he steals his balls out of Katie's purse.  And yeah, Katie can be every bit as stubborn as her dad.  You know, acorn/tree?

(01-25-2018, 09:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Exactly.

Let's not kid ourselves because the criticism is pretty much nation-wide, but the local criticism would have more of an impact, which seems to be the case because it's coming from her community and the communities in the area.

They don't want to deal with all the GM duties when they can pay someone to do it better and bring in more money.  

Great post  ThumbsUp

That family could give a flying **** about criticism, national or local.  That should be painfully obvious at this point.  People impervious to criticism demonstrate that for you by doing the same stupid, maddening shit 27 years in a row.  

Katie's takeaway from her Dad's reign is that she can fill every FO position with an idiot relative, pay herself as GM, and still make untold millions thanks to the NFL's idiot-proof revenue sharing.  Oh, and if we don't like, then she just pulls up stakes and opens the big top elsewhere.  She's heard the public rag on her old fool of a father for years, so I'm guessing she'd love to screw us over.  In a hearbeat, matter of fact.

Maybe you're right though, and I'm just a blackhearted cynic at this point. I sure hope so.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 10:35 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: You got a link?  I'd love to read all about Troy's plans to hire a GM when he steals his balls out of Katie's purse.  And yeah, Katie can be every bit as stubborn as her dad.  You know, acorn/tree?

That family could give a flying **** about criticism, national or local.  That should be painfully obvious at this point.  People impervious to criticism demonstrate that for you by doing the same stupid, maddening shit 27 years in a row.  

Katie's takeaway from her Dad's reign is that she can fill every FO position with an idiot relative, pay herself as GM, and still make untold millions thanks to the NFL's idiot-proof revenue sharing.  Oh, and if we don't like, then she just pulls up stakes and opens the big top elsewhere.  She's heard the public rag on her old fool of a father for years, so I'm guessing she'd love to screw us over.  In a hearbeat, matter of fact.

Maybe you're right though, and I'm just a blackhearted cynic at this point.  I sure hope so.
seems to be the signature these days considering how many teams have moved cities. truth is that won't happen until the folks in hamilton county are sick n tired of being sick n tired of their shit. and good riddance. she'll be no different than daddy....money gonna money. why would you expect anything different from a brown anyways? browns gonna brown. that's all we need to really remember. i membah! the browns..... flush 'em down. they need to just leave. 30 years of ineptitude and making fun of greater cincinnati is enough. just gtfo a here. hamilton county should reverse and sue this pos but they won't. no reason to believe katie will be different than her daddy. did i mention that katie won't be different than her daddy? that's right what's the definition of insanity? that's right.......
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 03:03 PM)McC Wrote: It depends, really, on whether or not she has the same delusional sense of competence as her daddy.   If she thinks she knows football, she'll be the GM, ans she is a woman, so there would be great appeal in being the first female GM.

If her foremost focus is rollover cap money, she'll continue in daddy's footsteps.

If she truly is passionate about winning a SB, she will have to at least  make some changes, namely handing over the reins to a professional.

Every woman boss I've ever seen, and yes, in this area, I am a true chauvinist, has to put her own stamp on the operation the second she takes over.  It's just what they do.  She's been sitting there for years, cataloging in her mind all the ways she would be smarter, all the things she would do better.

On the other hand, there is her upbringing.  No one can tell me she won't be a money grubber like her old man.  Silver spoon and all that.

All in all, it would be an epic nature vs. nurture internal struggle for her and I'm betting cash money tips the scales and she operates a lot like Dad.  She will change some things but she won't fork out a lot more dough to do it.  I say 2 out of 10 kind of change and I have confidence level of 8 on that and confidence level of 3 on her being any better than Pops.

now here this,if she thought enough about this team and has seen how awlful it has been all these years,why hasn't she stepped up and made a difference? she is just like the whole family and will be hard to deal with and make stupid decisions and all that.nothing will change,her input will be just as dumb as the whole family. In the nfl you have to spend a ton of money to be a top team and also have top coaching,we will have neither.The jags spent a ton on free agency and it paid off.can you see the bengals doing that.this team is lacking in a ton of positions.Drafting top players will not cut it as marvin will not play them.Ask your self this,how come all the guys they draft are hurt all the time or from the get-go??its crazy really
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 11:40 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And you know this because Troy has a law degree just like Mike.

law degrees???? that explains our situation.
Reply/Quote
Since it is somewhat to do with this thread I'll ask it here...

How much would the bengals be worth if Katie just wanted to sell the whole franchise?
Reply/Quote