Poll: Confidence level so far?
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confidence level going into Sunday's game?
After a busy week to clear my head after another BS loss to the Steelers, my football sense seem to be coming back to me as the Denver game approaches.

Initially, I was sure we would lose convincingly. Upon seeing the spread and watching experts pick us to win, though, I feel a bit more confident.

If the Bengals are still a winning team and are still good, which I think they are, then they should be able to pull this game out. I think if we can get some ball control on offense, we should be fine. Our issue in the first two weeks definitely hasn't been yards. But the defense has been out there too long.

Simean (sp?) looks average at best so far. If we want a chance to win this game and deliver the man his first NFL loss, I think it's important to get Denver in 3rd and long situations, ala stopping the run. Anderson has looked good this year so far, so limiting him will be key.

If I had to predict a score right now, I'd say 24-22, Bengals. That could easily be flipped, though. I think it'll be another close one, but if we can pull it out and then stick it to the Dolphins at home, we should have a shot at making a decent run to the midseason. I'd say my confidence level is about an 8 at the moment.

What is yours?
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm at an 8.

But in reality, anything can happen; this isn't a scrub team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm at a 5, but because we're at home. Can go either way. If the game were in Denver, I'd probably be at 3.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
My confidence level is at 10.

Outta 20.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'm at a 2. AJ is questionable due to his new baby. Denver D will shut us down. If we win, it would be a blessing.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I'm going with a 7.

Our D will be fine against this Denver O.

The offense hasn't been terrible, but has a few kinks to work out. Tall order with this Denver D coming to town.

Even if we lose the game, my confidence will remain a 7. Lots of season to go.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 09:16 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'm going with a 7.

Our D will be fine against this Denver O.

The offense hasn't been terrible, but has a few kinks to work out. Tall order with this Denver D coming to town.

Even if we lose the game, my confidence will remain a 7. Lots of season to go.
I am  going with 4. It should be higher for the First home game against a good team. If the B's had been playing well I would give a higher rating.-- but they are not, thus the 4.
Reply/Quote

I'd be higher for a home game against a basically rookie QB. But we can't run the ball and that's what this game comes down to - period !

If we have somehow fixed our run game and go for 100 or more we'll win. If we're still where we have been, will be a long game and Andy may end up in hospital.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 09:08 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm at a 2. AJ is questionable due to his new baby. Denver D will shut us down. If we win, it would be a blessing.

The kid is born and the game is in Cincy...why wouldn't he play?  Did I miss something?  Anyways, I don't think Denver's D can drag Seimiainianaimin to a win on the road against a decent team.  So either he pulls out a good performance or they come up short.
Reply/Quote
Solid 5 here because da Jungle at 1pm.

Reply/Quote
AJ plays for his son and just goes off on superstar mode. AJ puts up 173 yards and two touchdowns, causing Marvin to give a speech in the post game locker room, giving AJ the game ball and dedicating the win to AJ's son.

It will be glorious.

ThumbsUp

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
At a 6. Last week's game should provide some inspiration with the Squeelers and Ravens both sitting at 2-0.

Reply/Quote
I'm at about a 3, almost solely because of the offensive line. Denver is still one of the best defenses in the league and I wonder if Andys ankle will be at 100%. If they do what Pitt does and just keeps the play in front of them we'll be in trouble. They have pretty solid corners so hopefully our run game will actually do something so we aren't constantly in 3rd and 7s all game again.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 10:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The kid is born and the game is in Cincy...why wouldn't he play?  Did I miss something?  Anyways, I don't think Denver's D can drag Seimiainianaimin to a win on the road against a decent team.  So either he pulls out a good performance or they come up short.

Yeah, people are way too dramatic/exaggerating.

"Oh, his sister broke her nail and had to go to a Vietnamese nail place, so he'll miss the game."

People, his child was born on a Wednesday (MP) and then came back to work on Thursday (FP). He will absolutely not miss the game, give me a break.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
6. Could go either way, with a slight edge to the home team.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
For some reason at "8" for the home opener in the Jungle against SB defending champions.

Yet only at a "4" for the Thursday night primetime game against Dolphins.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Eight out of 10 picked us on the ESPN panel. But I'm still at six. Got to see better rushing before my confidence rises.
Reply/Quote
7. This team doesn't have many bad games in a row.

Would be higher if we weren't playing such a great D, and defending SB champs.

Reply/Quote
3.  I can't get the WWE bear hugs and arm tugs out of my head. It's the stuff of nightmares I tell ya!
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 10:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The kid is born and the game is in Cincy...why wouldn't he play?  Did I miss something?  Anyways, I don't think Denver's D can drag Seimiainianaimin to a win on the road against a decent team.  So either he pulls out a good performance or they come up short.

If NE can blank a good Houston team with their third-string QB and a hobbled Gronk, anything can happen.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote