Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats Ravens!
Ravens fans, my heart goes out to you.. Sort of. And, only because my brother in law, that I love, is a Ravens fan. But anyway, just like the Browns fans say, "maybe next year"..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Well the good news if you're a Raven's fan is that Flacco only costs $28.5 Mil against the cap next year. He doesn't get expensive until 2017
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 07:53 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Some of my Ravens fans friends on facebook are blaming the refs... Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious

Denial
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 06:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Even with a minute left and a Ravens lead, I knew the D would blow it. Same story all season long. Dumervil is such a ***** moron

Well your 11 win season your predicted is still in reach

Oh wait, no with 7 to play if Ravens sweep they go 9-7

I seemed to have also been too optimistic with my 7-9 pre-season prediction for the mighty Ravens

More good news as the Flacco cap hit is only 28 million in 2016..........?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Actually on Flacco they can lessen the cap hit with renegotiation. Out of that 28.5 million they are stuck with 10.5 million as it is prorated bonus monies. Where they can work is on the 18 million salary number by converting salary to bonus.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 11:12 PM)Joelist Wrote: Actually on Flacco they can lessen the cap hit with renegotiation. Out of that 28.5 million they are stuck with 10.5 million as it is prorated bonus monies. Where they can work is on the 18 million salary number by converting salary to bonus.

Luvnit knows this. His talking point for the first 3 years of Flacco's contract was telling us that it was responsible for the Ravens not signing players despite the cap it being relatively low compared to other QBs. 

Now his talking point is "it's going to be so much next year, they won't restructure!!!"
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Listen, I'm no Ravens fan...and my thoughts on Flaccoverde are well know.

But...

At least Pat and BMore come back and take their lumps and smack back.

After the first Bengals loss, or if / when they lose in the first round of the playoffs again the smack Forum will have tumbleweeds blowing through it with the occasional "Ben is a rapist" and "Ravens suck" thread.

LOL
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 09:36 AM)GMDino Wrote: Listen, I'm no Ravens fan...and my thoughts on Flaccoverde are well know.  

But...

After the first Bengals loss, or if / when they lose in the first round of the playoffs again the smack Forum will have tumbleweeds blowing through it with the occasional "Ben is a rapist" and "Ravens suck" thread.

LOL
Rep on pat and Bmore, but tumbleweeds lol.  Yawn
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 10:10 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Rep on pat and Bmore, but tumbleweeds lol.  Yawn

Well I had to add some smack there in order to post it here.... Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 10:20 AM)GMDino Wrote: Well I had to add some smack there in order to post it here.... Smirk

For the most part I would you're correct, there is some that show win, lose or draw. All fan bases have their few that hide Poe comes to mind.  LMAO

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 10:20 AM)GMDino Wrote: Well I had to add some smack there in order to post it here.... Smirk

A lack of smack, or quality smack, doesn't stop most of them.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 08:01 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Luvnit knows this. His talking point for the first 3 years of Flacco's contract was telling us that it was responsible for the Ravens not signing players despite the cap it being relatively low compared to other QBs. 

Now his talking point is "it's going to be so much next year, they won't restructure!!!"

I never said they would not restructure.

I just stated facts to do so, then the extra bonus portion gets kicked down the road and adding to the already 10.5 bonus on the books.

I also stated it was hard to sign players to long term deals with the Flacco contract lurking in the future. But, WTF I guess you were correct and the Ravens are Super Bowl contenders versus being a laughing stock in 2015

You can analyze Flacco's contract over and over, but in the end Ozzie screwed the pooch with that deal for years but the topline number being 25% too high and the guarantee being too high for a good and not great NFL QB who happened to have a great Super Bowl run
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 06:32 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: I do not think anyone was surprised.  But it is indeed good fun as a Bengals fan watching the Ravens implode.   Big Grin

would actually prefer them winning a few games its hurting our S.o.S. for a potential tie breaker.

So what will the ravens do with that pick move flacco and his salary (if possible) and draft a new QB?

How much of flaccos money was guarenteed is it even possible for you to cut him?

Not saying this season is on flacco.. but its gonna be hard to retool with such a large chunk in one spot... (i hear the broncos need a QB)
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 07:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Does Pat (a) go back into hiding, (b) spend most of his time in the draft forum discussing their top five pick, or © just talk about the two rings they have and relive the old glory days?

I love it   Rock On

Seriously, do they just wipe the slate clean and go into complete rebuilding mode?

Sorry, I forgot, a 90-year-old Steve Smith will come back healthy next year to save the franchise  Hilarious

Maybe they need to go back to drafting murderers and woman beaters!

Lol. Brad, one thing we all can say is pat has never went into hiding. You must have him confused with Poe. Screw the Ravens, to be fair tho 2 rings would be nice. 

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 11:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: would actually prefer them winning a few games its hurting our S.o.S.  for a potential tie breaker.

So what will the ravens do with that pick move flacco and his salary (if possible) and draft a new QB?  

How much of flaccos money was guarenteed is it even possible for you to cut him?

Not saying this season is on flacco.. but its gonna be hard to retool with such a large chunk in one spot... (i hear the broncos need a QB)

I'm not saying he wouldn't ever be traded. I bet Kubiak would love to have him in Denver with those weapons. I don't think the Ravens will. They just don't do that as an organization. 

You go forward with Flacco as your QB and you rebuild around him. Given his durability, he can give you another 8 years as your franchise QB. 

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 11:47 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Lol. Brad, one thing we all can say is pat has never went into hiding. You must have him confused with Poe. Screw the Ravens, to be fair tho 2 rings would be nice. 

lol, go into hiding?

Crack is whack, Brad.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 09:36 AM)GMDino Wrote: Listen, I'm no Ravens fan...and my thoughts on Flaccoverde are well know.  

But...

LOL

While i agree, about blitz and Pat, you're talking about 2 guys. 

If the Bengals flame out, i'll be here as usual, so that's 50% of their total right there. 

I...think you're exaggerating. Mellow

*that was said in Kirk's voice

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 11:22 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: A lack of smack, or quality smack, doesn't stop most of them.

And it's not necessary for every single post. I always do the GMDinoeyeroll, hard, when someone adds the "since it's the smack forum...blahblah" adding some lame 'smack' because they're afraid they'll be immediately banned if they don't. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 07:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote:  just talk about the two rings they have and relive the old glory days?

It sucks when you have nothing to relive.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 02:32 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: It sucks when you have nothing to relive.

In my world, when you turn it off right before Montana throws the last pass in SB XXXIII, the Bengals are champions.

Mellow

Reply/Quote