Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats to Hendrickson
(12-26-2021, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote:  I was still able to put 305# overhead, despite having tears in both the labrum and the rotator cuff.

I was able to kill a gopher with a stick despite holding a Pabst Blue Ribbon tall boy in one hand.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was able to kill a gopher with a stick despite holding a Pabst Blue Ribbon tall boy in one hand.

That's pretty good, but don't forget to tell the whole story, about how the gopher got up your ass in the first place.  Cool
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's pretty good, but don't forget to tell the whole story, about how the gopher got up your ass in the first place.  Cool

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We just beat a team of mostly 2nd and 3rd stringers.  Surely the players and coaches realize this.

It’s the NFL. Never take a W for granted. Enjoy it and quit raining on everyone’s parade you miserable excuse for a fan
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Getting Wilson back in the lineup should be a huge shot in the arm for the morale of the defense, for sure, but kudos to Trey Hendrickson today!

No doubt, we also have to give kudos to Bachie and Bailey for filling in for Wilson in his absence, they have played well.

Pratt of course has but he is the WILL backer more so than MIKE like Bachie and Bailey.

(12-26-2021, 08:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I can see QB's, Cornerbacks, etc. coming back and playing through shoulder injuries, I just don't see how a linebacker can do it.

Seen a lot of posts from Pally saying how Logan is on the cusp of being back every game the last 2 weeks.

Must not be a bad tear. Logan is tough and wants to be back at least for the Playoffs.

(12-26-2021, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As I understand, he has a tear in the labrum.  While needing to be surgically repaired, he might be able to function mostly fine, once the initial pain from the injury passes.  You'd be surprised what athletes can do, despite having injuries needing repaired.  For example, I was still able to put 305# overhead, despite having tears in both the labrum and the rotator cuff.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 09:32 PM)brian5562 Wrote: It’s the NFL. Never take a W for granted. Enjoy it and quit raining on everyone’s parade you miserable excuse for a fan

Lighten up, Francis.

I was not discounting the win.  I was commenting on the Bengals possibly getting too confident after this win.  And I gave the team credit for recognizing that they just beat a team of mostly 2nd and 3rd string players.  

If you do not agree with me then you are insulting the intelligence of our players and coaches.
Reply/Quote
Quote:So, officially it's the record. But unofficially, Hendrickson could care less.

"I don't play for those kinds of things," Hendrickson said. "I'm a product of this defense. I'm a product of good coaching. I'm a product of hard work. And anything that comes for me is just a byproduct of all those things. I know how much work my wife and I put in off the field. She's my rock and supporter. Franchise record or not, I'm very blessed to be here, to play in this defense. I'm ready to keep it rolling in the win column."

He's got his eye on the NFL record of 12 straight games with at least half a sack set by "The Freak," Jevon Kearse, 21 years ago. He's tied with the guy that comes in here next week, Chiefs tackle Chris Jones (2018), as well as Jared Allen (2010-11) and Shaun Ellis (2002-03).

"It's not just about me. You can't get sacks without coverage," Hendrickson. "So I can't say enough about the guys in the back end and even the guys I'm rushing with on the defensive line. You guys see a lot of one-man stats, but its 11 men collectively. They're giving me an opportunity to have success and I'm very thankful to be a part of this brotherhood."
Reply/Quote
That quote is amazing. Love Hendrickson and this team as a whole. Special is the word for it and as Trey said, a brotherhood. Rock On
Reply/Quote
BEAST
Reply/Quote
Carlos Dunlap in a classy move sent out an IG story to Trey Hendrickson saying:

When I tried to get you to buy my house it was to encourage you to get comfortable because I knew you would be here a long time. That didn't mean go streaking past my single season record. Man that's impressive, Trey. Congratulations keep streaking all DEY

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 11:43 PM)pally Wrote: Carlos Dunlap in a classy move sent out an IG story to Trey Hendrickson saying:

When I tried to get you to buy my house it was to encourage you to get comfortable because I knew you would be here a long time. That didn't mean go streaking past my single season record. Man that's impressive, Trey. Congratulations keep streaking all DEY

He also defended Burrow when people were freaking out over the nothing to do in Cincy comment, too. I have nothing but love for big LoS tbh.

Reply/Quote
Trey is already pushing for the best FA signing in team history.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 02:14 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Trey is already pushing for the best FA signing in team history.

IMO, He's still got a way to go to get above Bobbie Williams and Cedric Benson
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
All I got from that Trey Hendrickson quote is that he and his wife have lots of amazing sex to keep in shape. Good for him.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
This is a stupid question, but why was his tackle on Josh Johnson for a loss counted as a tackle for a loss and not a sack? What determines whether the QB is in a running play or just getting sacked?

On topic now: it is rare for big money free agent signings to match expectations, I've basically never seen someone so thoroughly exceed expectations. He's changed our defense.
Reply/Quote
Kudos to Trey. Has been exciting to watch. Specially for a fanbase that’s had difficulty holding their heads up since 2016.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 09:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No doubt, we also have to give kudos to Bachie and Bailey for filling in for Wilson in his absence, they have played well.

Pratt of course has but he is the WILL backer more so than MIKE like Bachie and Bailey.

Seen a lot of posts from Pally saying how Logan is on the cusp of being back every game the last 2 weeks.

Must not be a bad tear. Logan is tough and wants to be back at least for the Playoffs.

Rock On

On Logan, I only post what Zac says. One week, he says hopefully next week and then the next week rules him out saying hopefully next week. So at this point, your guess is as good as mine. I don’t recall any media reports yet of him even practicing on the rehab field. I think as of now, they are hoping he will be back for the playoffs

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I would love to have had Ossai in there rotationally. Hubbard, Hendrickson and Ossai. That sounds great.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 10:02 AM)EatonFan Wrote: I would love to have had Ossai in there rotationally.  Hubbard, Hendrickson and Ossai.  That sounds great.

I'm not looking towards next season at all, but if Ossai is anything even close to what he showed us in the pre-season then pairing him up with Hendrickson and Hubbard will be deadly. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 09:02 AM)pally Wrote: On Logan, I only post what Zac says.  One week, he says hopefully next week and then the next week rules him out saying hopefully next week.  So at this point, your guess is as good as mine.  I don’t recall any media reports yet of him even practicing on the rehab field.  I think as of now, they are hoping he will be back for the playoffs

Probably correct. Just want him at least close to 100% when he comes back, what is nice is Bailey is getting meaningful 
snaps in the mean time. He got froze by JJ on that one early TD against the Ravens but other than that has played well.
Reply/Quote