Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats to Hendrickson
(12-28-2021, 11:09 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I'm not looking towards next season at all, but if Ossai is anything even close to what he showed us in the pre-season then pairing him up with Hendrickson and Hubbard will be deadly. 

No doubt, we could have the best rotation at End and at DT if Ossai, Hubert, Sample all come back healthy and we keep BJ Hill
and Ogunjobi around for years to come.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 02:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No doubt, we could have the best rotation at End and at DT if Ossai, Hubert, Sample all come back healthy and we keep BJ Hill

Ossai is going to be fun to watch in the pass rush game. I'm excited to see him on the field.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 02:52 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Ossai is going to be fun to watch in the pass rush game. I'm excited to see him on the field.

He gets lots of tackles for loss too in the run game. Takes great angles and wraps up. 

Cannot wait to see what he does as a Pro with our Bengals. Things are looking up for us regardless of what happens, I just hope
we take care of bidness. Hendrickson and company need to be harassing Mahomes all game Sunday, we are really good here and
the best the Chiefs may have seen this season so far, since the Superbowl.
Reply/Quote
Hats off to Hendrickson.
I never pegged him as a "multiple years of getting double-digit sacks" kinda guy.
I thought he'd be more in the 7-9 range.
Michael Johnson and Carlos Dunlap never had more than one season in their careers with double-digit sacks.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 02:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No doubt, we could have the best rotation at End and at DT if Ossai, Hubert, Sample all come back healthy and we keep BJ Hill

I highly doubt the Bengals are able to keep both Ogunjobi and Hill.
I think it will be easier/cheaper to keep Hill, as Ogunjobi will likely be too expensive for the Bengals to retain. They are already paying Hendrickson, Hubbard, and Reader a ton, so I doubt they can/will choose to put $10+ mill APY toward a 4th DL.

I think Hill will be a fine starting DT for the Bengals though if they can only keep him and not Ogunjobi. Draft a mid-round IDL and/or try to put Sample/Hubbard more inside if you need more interior pass rush. With Ossai returning next year, that should also help the pass rush for sure.
I'm not really caring about Hubert, but maybe he surprises.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 03:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I highly doubt the Bengals are able to keep both Ogunjobi and Hill.
I think it will be easier/cheaper to keep Hill, as Ogunjobi will likely be too expensive for the Bengals to retain. They are already paying Hendrickson, Hubbard, and Reader a ton, so I doubt they can/will choose to put $10+ mill APY toward a 4th DL.

I think Hill will be a fine starting DT for the Bengals though if they can only keep him and not Ogunjobi. Draft a mid-round IDL and/or try to put Sample/Hubbard more inside if you need more interior pass rush. With Ossai returning next year, that should also help the pass rush for sure.

I expect them to re-sign both Ogunjobi and Hill. Too good a line to let it go.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 04:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I expect them to re-sign both Ogunjobi and Hill. Too good a line to let it go.

Would you be willing to let one go if it meant an upgrade on the OL?
I would.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Pay the man!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 03:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I highly doubt the Bengals are able to keep both Ogunjobi and Hill.

Could be right, so happy we traded for BJ Hill. What a great move that was looking back?

Still want both back but we HAVE to bring back one of them and yes Ogunjobi would be the more expensive one by far.

(12-28-2021, 04:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I expect them to re-sign both Ogunjobi and Hill. Too good a line to let it go.

Hope so.

(12-28-2021, 04:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Would you be willing to let one go if it meant an upgrade on the OL?
I would.

I guess I would. Wish we could have it all, sadly this isn't the case often.
Reply/Quote
It's bizarre how similar some of his stats are in 15 games to last years 15 games...

13.5 sacks in 2020
14.0 sacks in 2021

22 solo tackles in 2020
21 solo tackles in 2021

12 TFL in 2020
12 TFL in 2021

25 QB Hits in 2020
25 QB Hits in 2021

...there's some that are different, but that was enough consistency to be strange.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 05:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It's bizarre how similar some of his stats are in 15 games to last years 15 games...

13.5 sacks in 2020
14.0 sacks in 2021

22 solo tackles in 2020
21 solo tackles in 2021

12 TFL in 2020
12 TFL in 2021

25 QB Hits in 2020
25 QB Hits in 2021

...there's some that are different, but that was enough consistency to be strange.

Talk about consistently good, damn. Mellow  Trey also has a couple Forced Fumbles this season that helped us win games.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 04:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Would you be willing to let one go if it meant an upgrade on the OL?
I would.

Plenty of money to upgrade the oline without sacrificing the D line.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 05:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Plenty of money to upgrade the oline without sacrificing the D line.

Disagree, I guess.
Bengals are expected to have $59 mill in cap space to work with.

They have the following impactful FAs they need to worry about:
Quinton Spain
Riley Reiff (he's likely going to void his 2nd year, making him a FA)
Jessie Bates
Larry Ogunjobi
BJ Hill
CJ Uzomah
Kevin Huber
Eli Apple (can't believe I'm mentioning him)

Ogunjobi is probably going to command $10 mill APY.
Spain and/or Reiff could command similar.
Hill probably will command $6-8 mill.
Uzomah will probably command $5+ mill.
Bates is likely going to get $15+ mill from someone.

Assuming we go with the money I outline above, Ogunjobi, Spain, Reiff, and Bates alone could command $45 mill.
Reserve another $8-10 mill for draft picks, and you're already about $55 mill.
If you re-sign both Uzomah and Hill, you're looking probably at $10-15 mill.
Then you have to worry about upgrading C and CB, as Hopkins and Waynes are not cutting it.
Releasing Waynes would free up $11 mill and releasing Hopkins would free up $6 mill, but if you're going to really try to get a good upgrade at C or CB in FA, you're looking at probably $10+ mill APY for each position. I'm not trusting a C in this draft other than Linderbaum, and I'm not trusting a CB to play well unless drafted in Rd 1 or maybe Rd 2.

At best, it will be very tight and require a lot of magic to get everyone re-signed to reasonable contracts.
It's more likely that some guys are going to have to walk.

Who do you allow to walk so that you keep both Ogunjobi and Hill?

Also, are you going to pay what potentially Ogunjobi and Hill could command this offseason to have them rotate?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I would.

The Bengals will most likely let Waynes go and get an additional $11 million. Not to mention cutting XSF will add another $2.8 million. That would put the Bengals at just over $70 million, and that's going off of this year's cap number. Chances are the Bengals will have over $80 million to work with in the offseason.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Hendrickson has been fantastic, and congrats to him. But Coy Bacon has the sacks record. And it is not close. Let's not pretend otherwise. That is just flat out disrespectful to Coy.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 02:16 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The Bengals will most likely let Waynes go and get an additional $11 million. Not to mention cutting XSF will add another $2.8 million. That would put the Bengals at just over $70 million, and that's going off of this year's cap number. Chances are the Bengals will have over $80 million to work with in the offseason.

Right, the cap is going up next year. They can work out the money. If they can't, you keep Ogunjobi and it's not even close. The guy costs more because he's one of the best 3-Ts in the game. But like I said, keep both.
Reply/Quote