Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK, so Hue Jackson Blasting His Offense For Poor Play Sunday
(12-22-2015, 04:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: There was an argument on the radio that he should have let McCarron air it out instead of stepping on the breaks after scoring 24 points. We went on to punt the rest of the game. There was the argument it left him ill prepared to face Denvers number 1 defense. That's on Hue, not the offense.

They also made the argument that we would have lost that game if it wasn't for the 9ers. The blocked field goal helped, but a playoff team would have capitalized on the onside kick blunder. The argument was we can't get in the habit of letting up after scoring 24 points. Championship teams just don't do that. Which I've argued before in the past.

Under Lewis we always play not to lose rather than playing to win. Drives me nuts how conservative we get on offense when we get the lead. I think missed a good chance to give AJ some good reps in unless we just didnt want to show Denver anything.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2015, 03:36 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Under Lewis we always play not to lose rather than playing to win. Drives me nuts how conservative we get on offense when we get the lead. I think missed a good chance to give AJ some good reps in unless we just didnt want to show Denver anything.

That hasn't necessarily been the case as of late. Sure, with a young QB Marvin has done that. But this year we've seen Dalton and Hue take control of this team. Dalton makes the plays at the line of scrimmage. That's why you've seen Dalton air it out because he noticed a weakness. He started doing it last year (watch the Saints game).

However, I think it's the lack of trust Marvin has with McCarron with the offense. McCarron showed on Sunday he doesn't really recognize where the blitz is coming and that he should audible into a different type of play yet. There were a few times he should have altered the line and called a different play, but he didn't. And I think that's the big difference.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 04:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: There was an argument on the radio that he should have let McCarron air it out instead of stepping on the breaks after scoring 24 points. We went on to punt the rest of the game. There was the argument it left him ill prepared to face Denvers number 1 defense. That's on Hue, not the offense.

They also made the argument that we would have lost that game if it wasn't for the 9ers. The blocked field goal helped, but a playoff team would have capitalized on the onside kick blunder. The argument was we can't get in the habit of letting up after scoring 24 points. Championship teams just don't do that. Which I've argued before in the past.

So can;t we say the same about Denver... they do not look like a championship team.. their 2nd halfs have been horrible.. at least we hold on to the leads...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

How about NE .. did you see them at home against a backup QB in 2nd half.. 24-3 at half.. final was 33 to 16, they sure did not play like Championship team.. I just don;t buy what you are selling.  The Bengals have been good at not slipping and losing to sub par teams over the last 5 years.. really in the NFL that is a usually what makes or breaks a team making the playoffs, beat the teams you should beat especially on the road, split with the tough teams and you are normally going to make the playoffs and battle for division and championships . I can point out numerous good teams that over the last 5 years have had many more bad losses than Cincinnati (Pittsburgh comes to mind) Yes we are no New England Patriots in the AFC but who is...  It is rare that they Bengals blow leads especially in the 4th quarter.. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
While we have shown to beat most of the teams we should, we also show a propensity to lose to the teams in our "league", in the playoffs.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote