Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congratulations, Cordell Volson!
(01-14-2023, 04:08 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I’m just saying, I’ll take his analysis over yours

You're welcome to it. :)

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 01:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Volson was fine this season. He obviously had his struggles at times, but  he wasn’t a total liability, and that’s all we really needed out of a rookie. He has a bright future ahead of him.

Agreed, he also had to play against some great competition early in his career.  He was a solid draft choice.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 04:54 PM)M.W. Wrote: Agreed, he also had to play against some great competition early in his career.  He was a solid draft choice.

Exactly, Volson went up against arguably the best DL in the league his first snap of his pro career.   He was a great find and will contribute for many years to come.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 01:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I suspect Volson will be the new Zac Taylor. Certain posters are so dug in against him they will never admit we found a gem. "He is horrible"... yet he made the All Rookie 1st team. That doesn't equate.

This. Right. Here. If he were to develop into a HoFer, people would make excuses and conspiracy theories as to why. LOL 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 01:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Boling was a quality starter for 7 years in the NFL.
Volson has been a quality starter 0 years in the NFL.

Being a full time starter your rookie season doesn't mean anything other than the team has no better option. Billy Price was a fully time starter his rookie season. Volson can become good, but he isn't that right now.

First you have to be good. 
Second you have to be consistently good for 7 years.

Then you're Clint Boling.

- - - - - -
Also not sure I am particularly aware of Sports Info Solutions and their "points" system. For instance here are the two rookie RBs they listed on their team...
210 rushes, 1035 yards (4.9), 3 TD ... 16 catches, 139 yards, 1 TD
228 rushes, 1050 yards (4.6), 9 TD ... 27 catches, 165 yards, 0 TD

Why is the first player worth 40 "points" while the second is worth 8? Does that first statline scream "I am 5x more valuable than the other guy"?

To think, we traded that bum for BJ Hill.....a player who some here point to as a superstar propping up our DC. LOL

Hoowee

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 02:58 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Goodberry disagrees with you.

Well, he's certainly no expert.... he's a dude with a YouTube channel and a Twitter feed that analyzes tape based on what he thinks is the correct assignment. I mean, he's pretty sharp, but he's no more qualified than a lot of people on this board quite frankly.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 01:16 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think there is some nuance needed here. He didn't make the All-Rookie team, he made a All-Rookie team. There are multiple outlets that produce these things. He made the Sports Info Solution All-Rookie Team. Honestly, this is my first time ever hearing of this site. The All-Rookie team is typically considered to be either the AP All-Rookie Team, just like the AP All-Pro team is considered the most presitigious, or the PFWA All-Rookie Team. They haven't released those quite yet. 

Ah, Deja Vu all over again from last season and everyone saying Hendrickson wasn't an All Pro...
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 04:08 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I’m just saying, I’ll take his analysis over yours

Why? Did Joe even play high school ball or coach anything? 

Reply/Quote

Why? Goodberry is a hack.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 07:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Ah, Deja Vu all over again from last season and everyone saying Hendrickson wasn't an All Pro...

Well.....he wasn't. Am I missing something? Trey Hendrickson wasn't an All Pro last season. The 2021 All-Pro team, directly from NFL.com
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 07:45 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Well.....he wasn't. Am I missing something? Trey Hendrickson wasn't an All Pro last season. The 2021 All-Pro team, directly from NFL.com

We were last year discussong his last year at NO
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 07:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: To think, we traded that bum for BJ Hill.....a player who some here point to as a superstar propping up our DC. LOL

Hoowee

Yup, a real steal of a trade even though some here think he is only as talented as Brandon Thompson.  Smirk

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 08:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yup, a real steal of a trade even though some here think he is only as talented as Brandon Thompson.  Smirk

People here have this tendency to overrate bengals players, and underrate players on other teams. BJ Hill? Ah, Brandon Thompson is just as good. Hayden Hurst? Ahh, Uzomah is better
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 08:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yup, a real steal of a trade even though some here think he is only as talented as Brandon Thompson.  Smirk

Or.....hear me out.....we thought BJ would be a good fit here and coached him up. Any chance that happened? Tongue

Reply/Quote
Some people on this board bad mouthing Volson. I say congrats. Type of glass eater we need!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 08:33 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: People here have this tendency to overrate bengals players, and underrate players on other teams. BJ Hill? Ah, Brandon Thompson is just as good. Hayden Hurst? Ahh, Uzomah is better

It's the nature of the beast. If you don't appoint him our next 10-year starter because he started this year and had a well below average season according to folks who rank those things for a living. then that means you won't give him credit if he improves going forward.

I've NEVER seen anyone upset about taking Volston in the 4th and most realize he was our best option at LG this year, but he wasn't on the plus side of good this year
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 10:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's the nature of the beast. If you don't appoint him our next 10-year starter because he started this year and had a well below average season according to folks who rank those things for a living. then that means you won't give him credit if he improves going forward.

I've NEVER seen anyone upset about taking Volston in the 4th and most realize he was our best option at LG this year, but he wasn't on the plus side of good this year

I think that's fair. Like I said, for a fourth rounder out of a FCS school, he's done well. He's no Bobbie Williams either. 

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 07:29 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Why? Goodberry is a hack.

He’s really not. His Bengals content he puts out is as good as it gets.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 12:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe we'll take a look at his college teammate:
That is how I want my lineman. Toothless and looking like a beard Honey Boo Boo.
Reply/Quote
Love the big fella. Was rapt in this pick.
Reply/Quote