Threw for 354 yards in a 34-31 win in his 3rd start

Jake Browning:
6th in Heisman voting in 2016
Undrafted
Replaced an injured 1st overall pick QB for his 1st start
Initials J.B.
Threw for 354 yards in a 34-31 win in his 2nd start

Mellow

Blake was not undrafted. He was selected in the 6th round by the NY Jets. And that (1992) was when drafts went 12 rounds. He ended up with 100 career starts.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 08:09 PM)Nepa Wrote: Blake was not undrafted. He was selected in the 6th round by the NY Jets. And that (1992) was when drafts went 12 rounds.

Ah, you got me. Still wild though. That was the least wild of the coincidences, tbh. +1 to you for catching a mistake though. I went ahead and fixed the post.

That said, 12 rounds or not, QB's taken in the 6th were mostly fliers. Afterthoughts.

Blake was the 3rd stringer when he arrived in Cincy, and no one expected anything when he finally got a start.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 06:54 PM)jason Wrote: Lawd have mercy... What a turnaround for this dude.

Yep. Made me pee a little.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 07:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Jeff Blake:
6th in Heisman voting in 1991
Afterthought in the draft, fell to 6th round
Initials J.B.

Jake Browning:
Afterthought in draft, went undrafted
Initials J.B.
Threw for 354 yards in a 34-31 win in his 2nd start

Mellow

(12-06-2023, 08:04 PM)jason Wrote: That's trippy....

Very !!
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 08:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ah, you got me. Still wild though. That was the least wild of the coincidences, tbh. +1 to you for catching a mistake though. I went ahead and fixed the post.

That said, 12 rounds or not, QB's taken in the 6th were mostly fliers. Afterthoughts.

Blake was the 3rd stringer when he arrived in Cincy, and no one expected anything when he finally got a start.

Ah, Shake and Blake. Shake n Blake was a delight to watch play.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 09:01 PM)Nepa Wrote: Ah, Shake and Blake. Shake n Blake was a delight to watch play.

Shake-n-Jake
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Congratulations Jake, very well deserved !

Was down on the game all week but then the day of the game hearing Tee was coming back I started thinking that this team had too many weapons and good players that are going to take it personal" that they're just a one man team" and done.

Yet thought that would happen in my mind via Chase, Tee, Boyd, Mixon, and maybe Chase Brown and was blindsided by the dominant performance by Jake.
Have always supported Jake but that level of play exceeded anything I imagined possible.

Great game for him and hope he parlays it into a starter gig somewhere by continuing to play well the rest of the year for the Bengals.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
WAY TO GO JAKE!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 11:26 PM)SladeX Wrote: Shake-n-Jake

I'm calling him this from now on. As long as he plays well. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 04:47 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm calling him this from now on. As long as he plays well. LOL

The team has given him two nickames....

"Downtown Jake Browning" and "Jake Feisty".  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 04:11 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: 86.5 completion %.

5 incompletions
2 Drops
2 throw away
1 tipped pass

That’s legit.

what happens if he balls out like this the rest of the year (probly unlikely)     
Reply/Quote
Has to be like a dream come true for Jake.

A dream I'm sure he's worked hard for.

Hoping for more of the same this Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 09:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: what happens if he balls out like this the rest of the year (probly unlikely)     

I believe we have him for another year. He becomes an extremely valuable backup and then likely moves on for a chance to start.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 02:07 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I believe we have him for another year. He becomes an extremely valuable backup and then likely moves on for a chance to start.

Nope, he's on a 1-year deal
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 09:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: what happens if he balls out like this the rest of the year (probly unlikely)     

he is starter, if he takes it to the SB and wins OK
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 12:00 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Congratulations Jake, very well deserved !

Was down on the game all week but then the day of the game hearing Tee was coming back I started thinking that this team had too many weapons and good players that are going to take it personal" that they're just a one man team" and done.

Yet thought that would happen in my mind via Chase, Tee, Boyd, Mixon, and maybe Chase Brown and was blindsided by the dominant performance by Jake.
Have always supported Jake but that level of play exceeded anything I imagined possible.

Great game for him and hope he parlays it into a starter gig somewhere by continuing to play well the rest of the year for the Bengals.

Well said Go Cards. Yeah, I never expected that play from Jake Browning. I don't think anyone did but himself.

He has immense confidence in himself, you can tell.

(12-07-2023, 02:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, he's on a 1-year deal

Damn, well let's make it count this year and go all way!!! Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 02:07 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I believe we have him for another year. He becomes an extremely valuable backup and then likely moves on for a chance to start.

He's an exclusive rights free agent next year.  So a free agent but if the Bengals want to keep him next season all they would have to do is offer him a contract at the league minimum for his experience level and no other team could sign him. 

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 03:43 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: He's an exclusive rights free agent next year.  So a free agent but if the Bengals want to keep him next season all they would have to do is offer him a contract at the league minimum for his experience level and no other team could sign him. 

We should do it, even if he doesn't ball out the rest of the year, I think he shown he can be a good backup for us.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 03:43 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: He's an exclusive rights free agent next year.  So a free agent but if the Bengals want to keep him next season all they would have to do is offer him a contract at the league minimum for his experience level and no other team could sign him. 

From what I am finding, Browning makes $750,000 in 2023 which is the league minimum.

As a player accrues seasons by being on a Team's Roster 6 or more games in a season the minimum increases 

to $870,000 in year 2 and $940,000 in year 3.

*I just did an Internet Search for this information, so others on this Board may know more or differently. 
  If so, please clarify.

Say Browning does very well and gets offered $870,000 as an exclusive rights free agent.  

If I were him that would be insulting to me given how valuable Quarterbacks are in the NFL.

Holdout for more money ?  -or-  Am I looking at this the wrong way or with wrong information ?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 07:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Jeff Blake:
6th in Heisman voting in 1991
Afterthought in the draft, fell to 6th round
Initials J.B.

Jake Browning:
Afterthought in draft, went undrafted
Initials J.B.