Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Congratulations Kendric Pryor-Training Camp MVP
(08-30-2022, 12:26 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Taylor is my guy to come in as 4th WR to give any of the top 3 a rest.. i want most dependable, best route runner in that position and I feel Taylor is it....  the NFL today is really less set on proto X Y Z anyway.... 

Im glad Pryor has a nice camp, but we can go back to many of these WRs playing against 2 to 4th strings and had solid camps that never amounted to much so im not going overhype the guy.. maybe he make it maybe he does not but in the end his position will not mean much for the success of this team.

lol. No, it doesn't work that way. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 12:07 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: and Taylor has the better route and hands... i see that much more important as a 4th WR , Pryor does not have quickness that Taylor has... if Pryor makes the team, he comes in as 7th WR and see few reps.. taylor still won;t see alot either but will be more apt to be in on 3rd downs over pryor

Did you even watch the Preseason Essex?

All the things you say about Taylor is what Pryor is better at lol

Pryor IS quicker, runs great routes and has great hands from I saw in Preseason and he is 4.38 fast unlike Taylor who is 4.6
like Synric said. I like Taylor, good Punt Returner and I want him to make the team but he is purely a Slot WR and we need 
versatility. Pryor can play on the outside and in the Slot.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 12:26 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Taylor is my guy to come in as 4th WR to give any of the top 3 a rest.. i want most dependable, best route runner in that position and I feel Taylor is it....  the NFL today is really less set on proto X Y Z anyway.... 

Im glad Pryor has a nice camp, but we can go back to many of these WRs playing against 2 to 4th strings and had solid camps that never amounted to much so im not going overhype the guy.. maybe he make it maybe he does not but in the end his position will not mean much for the success of this team.

This isn't true at all. Those are the positions. Coaches don't use "1/2/3/4". They use "X/Y/Z". 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 10:31 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: This isn't true at all. Those are the positions. Coaches don't use "1/2/3/4". They use "X/Y/Z". 

They definitely have different WR positions (X, Y, Z) but a lot of WRs are playing multiple positions.

But it is much easier for an "outside" WR to line up in the slot than the other way around.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 10:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: They definitely have different WR positions (X, Y, Z) but a lot of WRs are playing multiple positions.

But it is much easier for an "outside" WR to line up in the slot than the other way around.

This is true. Mellow
Reply/Quote
I was hoping Pryor would make the 53, but now I don't even see him as a PS signing.

I'm guessing he got picked up or signed elsewhere. Kinda sucks.

FYI on the X,Y,Z conversation. According to Jim Miller, Y is always the TE, never a WR.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 07:32 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I was hoping Pryor would make the 53, but now I don't even see him as a PS signing.

I'm guessing he got picked up or signed elsewhere. Kinda sucks.

FYI on the X,Y,Z conversation. According to Jim Miller, Y is always the TE, never a WR.

Just saw he was claimed by Jacksonville...
Reply/Quote
John Sheeran had an interesting take on Lassiter vs Pryor:

“In those plays that we saw of Lassiter, they were kind of extended. [Jake] Browning broke the pocket and Lassiter found the soft spot over the middle of the field. That is something that Burrow does pretty well. He likes to extend plays and keep his eyes down the field. Lassiter gives importance to looking for the openings on the field after he finishes his routes. [He asks himself] ‘Where is my quarterback? How can I work back to him?’ So maybe that’s an area in which Lassiter has an advantage over Pryor.”

Sucks that Pryor got claimed, but I'm really glad Lassiter is back.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 08:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: John Sheeran had an interesting take on Lassiter vs Pryor:

“In those plays that we saw of Lassiter, they were kind of extended. [Jake] Browning broke the pocket and Lassiter found the soft spot over the middle of the field. That is something that Burrow does pretty well. He likes to extend plays and keep his eyes down the field. Lassiter gives importance to looking for the openings on the field after he finishes his routes. [He asks himself] ‘Where is my quarterback? How can I work back to him?’ So maybe that’s an area in which Lassiter has an advantage over Pryor.”

Not the same speed, though, right? Lassiter ran a 4.5 40-yard, while both Ja'Marr Chase and Pryor ran a 4.38.  Pryor is a little taller and a little faster, and might have been able to fill in for Chase in a pinch later in the season.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 08:15 PM)Nepa Wrote: Not the same speed, though, right? Lassiter ran a 4.5 40-yard, while both Ja'Marr Chase and Pryor ran a 4.38.  Pryor is a little taller and a little faster, and might have been able to fill in for Chase in a pinch later in the season.

I think they're both 5'11. I really liked what I saw from both guys...and wish we could've kept both. Glad we still have one of them though, and look forward to seeing what Lassiter can contribute if he gets called up at some point.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 08:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: John Sheeran had an interesting take on Lassiter vs Pryor:

Yes, makes this sting a little less for sure. I really like Kwame Lassiter, just hope he catches those TD's when he gets an 
opportunity from now on. I like Kwame as a person too and want him to succeed. Hope he becomes what I thought Pryor
would for us. Honestly hope Kendrick does well there, I really liked his effort a lot and wanted him to be rewarded for it.

(08-31-2022, 08:15 PM)Nepa Wrote: Not the same speed, though, right? Lassiter ran a 4.5 40-yard, while both Ja'Marr Chase and Pryor ran a 4.38.  Pryor is a little taller and a little faster, and might have been able to fill in for Chase in a pinch later in the season.

Yeah, oh well. No use crying over spilt milk. Our roster is still loaded like none other I have ever seen in my years as a 
Bengals fan. Also the guys we have on the backend are gamechangers in their ST's play.

(08-31-2022, 08:53 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think they're both 5'11. I really liked what I saw from both guys...and wish we could've kept both. Glad we still have one of them though, and look forward to seeing what Lassiter can contribute if he gets called up at some point.

I also really like Lassiter, the drops I thought would of hurt his hopes but they might of helped him stay on our PS.

Just needs to get on the jugs machine and try never to drop a TD again. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Just wanted to give an update on the "one we let get away".

6 games onto the season dude has:

0 catches for 0 yards and 0 TDs
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 09:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just wanted to give an update on the "one we let get away".

No drops though. Maybe.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 09:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just wanted to give an update on the "one we let get away".

I don’t really understand the hate for people wanting him to be your last WR. He was a UDFA that got cut. He got signed and has stayed on a 53 man roster. That’s an accomplishment all in itself. Albeit he’s at the bottom of a worse WR room and hasn’t gotten any playing time (I assume?).
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 10:55 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I don’t really understand the hate for people wanting him to be your last WR. He was a UDFA that got cut. He got signed and has stayed on a 53 man roster. That’s an accomplishment all in itself. Albeit he’s at the bottom of a worse WR room and hasn’t gotten any playing time (I assume?).

No hate for the kid here. It was more directed at the Pro Bono GMs who asserted we were silly to let him walk. WTS, I guess he would have been as useful as Trayveon Williams if we would have held on to him. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 11:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No hate for the kid here. It was more directed at the Pro Bono GMs who asserted we were silly to let him walk. WTS, I guess he would have been as useful as Trayveon Williams if we would have held on to him. 

You can’t really blame them. He did light it up in the preseason and outside of our top 3 we don’t see the other guys do a whole lot regular season or preseason. Honestly Trent Taylor is probably the one that’s done the most work. Solid in returning and iirc he had a TD in the playoffs. Thomas is good for a few catches and the lot of them do a lot on ST from what I’m told but I don’t pay attention to those snaps honestly.
Reply/Quote
Any sleeper DTs or LBs hiding on the Jags practice squad that week could poach?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
My take on Pryor from this thread: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Kendrick-Pryor

Quote:"We need Pryor on the roster" threads stem from Bengals fans needing something to post about during a slow point in the offseason. Next year, we'll have another Pryor that many insist needs to be on the roster. The guy will get cut, we'll rage, and then he'll go on to not have a stellar NFL career. Rinse and repeat.

I do acknowledge he might have been a better fourth WR among the existing group, but I'm guessing they didn't see him as a special teams contributor?

Anyhow, we'll have another "Pryor" during the '23 preseason games to post about.  Wink
Reply/Quote

0 snaps: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PryoKe00.htm
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 11:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No hate for the kid here. It was more directed at the Pro Bono GMs who asserted we were silly to let him walk. WTS, I guess he would have been as useful as Trayveon Williams if we would have held on to him. 

We were probably wrong about Allen being a bad back up QB and wanting Browning over him and guessing all were wrong on Crisman too.

For Browning has zero passing yards and TD's this year and Crisman is averaging 0 punts a game. Goose eggs all around but we are only 6 games in.

Fools and their Pro Bono GM wants.  Ninja

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote