Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congratulations Money Mac
Evan McPherson was named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week for the 2nd time this year

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He’s gonna get a lot of those during his career here. He could’ve hit a 60+ last week. The GB game is such a head scratcher lol.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 11:10 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: He’s gonna get a lot of those during his career here. He could’ve hit a 60+ last week. The GB game is such a head scratcher lol.

Wind. He’s also going to push one every once in a while with too much leg.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 11:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wind. He’s also going to push one every once in a while with too much leg.

That is also something that will happen less and less as he learns the quirks of PBS wind patterns

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 11:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wind. He’s also going to push one every once in a while with too much leg.

Evans kicks are the reason the world has wind. Ninja
Reply/Quote
Over all he has looked good this year
Kickers are always hard to figure out. He made 3 long FGs but also missed an extra point.
Reply/Quote
When they show a graph of Evan’s FG range it’s just a picture of the field.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Crosby had not missed in forever before that game and he is a proven consistent kicker that missed several that afternoon as well.

Wind had to be a factor that against GB and Evan did not miss those by that far anyway . Not holding it against the Rookie when a seasoned vet did the same.

Believe the kid will be paying dividends for many years to come and that's a luxury that can really help the Bengals get over the hump. Would not think we will need to look for a kicker in the next 15 years either.

Congrats Mac Daddy !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 11:36 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Evans kicks are the reason the world has wind. Ninja

Evan IS the Butterfly Effect!

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 12:19 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Crosby had not missed in forever before that game and he is a proven consistent kicker that missed several that afternoon as well.

Wind had to be a factor that against GB and Evan did not miss those by that far anyway . Not holding it against the Rookie when a seasoned vet did the same.

Believe the kid will be paying dividends for many years to come and that's a luxury that can really help the Bengals get over the hump. Would not think we will need to look for a kicker in the next 15 years either.

Congrats Mac Daddy !

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CrosMa20.htm

I wrote about this back a few weeks ago; Crosby is one of the worst kickers of the past 15 years and he is woefully inconsistent.

I can't remember the clutch factor, but I don't think he's clutch either.

Fat Randy has better numbers LOL

EDIT* By similarity score, he's closest to Breech and Bahr, who were both quite awful, by the numbers as we know.

I don't know how or why Breech gets so much love; even in his day of poor kicking, he was never good.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 11:57 AM)michaelsean Wrote: When they show a graph of Evan’s FG range it’s just a picture of the field.

Wasn't it you in the GameDay thread that said that the Bengals are ALWAYS in Evan's FG range? Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 12:49 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Wasn't it you in the GameDay thread that said that the Bengals are ALWAYS in Evan's FG range? Smirk

Crap caught with the same joke.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 12:37 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CrosMa20.htm

I wrote about this back a few weeks ago; Crosby is one of the worst kickers of the past 15 years and he is woefully inconsistent.

EDIT* By similarity score, he's closest to Breech and Bahr, who were both quite awful, by the numbers as we know.

I don't know how or why Breech gets so much love; even in his day of poor kicking, he was never good.

Kicking in Green Bay will definitely manipulate a kickers numbers. especially during the learning curve of early years kicking in GB. Yet he is #1 in points scored by GB kickers and its not even close. 

Guess the coaches are idiots for keeping him around a guy who before the Bengals game had ONLY MISSED 2 FG's in the last 2 seasons while playing half his games in the wind swirling and many times frozen Lambeau Field. 

If Mason only scores his career average he will become only the 12th player in history to score 1,800 points this season and he is probably going to keep on playing while climbing that ladder and finish in top 10. 

So let's review, Mason the erratic kicker who only missed two FG's in the previous two seasons and was absolutely PERFECT by missing ZERO kicks in the previous season but Fat Randy should replace him. OK fair enough and your opinion is noted. 

Now Fat Randy was considered the #1 kicker in college during his school days so he is supposed to be very good and has done fine in the NFL. Was even drafted a round earlier than Crosby going in the 5th. Yet in no way would I take him over Evan or Crosby. 

Just me though, oh and 6 NFL coaches seem to agree by moving on from him, but what do they know. Maybe you should share your stats with them and rub their mistake in their faces..

Great kickers just don't get bounced around through 7 different NFL teams imo. Once a great one is found he never leaves the original team because NFL coaches know great ones are hard to find and are of tremendous value, see SB ring wearing Mason Crosby as an example.

Believe Crosby has probably tried way more longer FG's than Randy as well which can muddy your stats somewhat as well. Not going to research the fact though.

Not to mention Mason never got any kicking seasons in a Dome. 

Just my opinion though and glad I could make you laugh today, laughter is good for the soul

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 01:26 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Kicking in Green Bay will definitely manipulate a kickers numbers. especially during the learning curve of early years kicking in GB. Yet he is #1 in points scored by GB kickers and its not even close. 

Guess the coaches are idiots for keeping him around a guy who before the Bengals game had ONLY MISSED 2 FG's in the last 2 seasons while playing half his games in the wind swirling and many times frozen Lambeau Field. 

If Mason only scores his career average he will become only the 12th player in history to score 1,800 points this season and he is probably going to keep on playing while climbing that ladder and finish in top 10. 

So let's review, Mason the erratic kicker who only missed two FG's in the previous two seasons and was absolutely PERFECT by missing ZERO kicks in the previous season but Fat Randy should replace him. OK fair enough and your opinion is noted. 

Now Fat Randy was considered the #1 kicker in college during his school days so he is supposed to be very good and has done fine in the NFL. Was even drafted a round earlier than Crosby going in the 5th. Yet in no way would I take him over Evan or Crosby. 

Just me though, oh and 6 NFL coaches seem to agree by moving on from him, but what do they know. Maybe you should share your stats with them and rub their mistake in their faces..

Great kickers just don't get bounced around through 7 different NFL teams imo. Once a great one is found he never leaves the original team because NFL coaches know great ones are hard to find and are of tremendous value, see SB ring wearing Mason Crosby as an example.

Believe Crosby has probably tried way more longer FG's than Randy as well which can muddy your stats somewhat as well. Not going to research the fact though.

Not to mention Mason never got any kicking seasons in a Dome. 

Just my opinion though and glad I could make you laugh today, laughter is good for the soul

Numbers don't lie, Cards; he kicked 16 FGs in 16 games last year: it's been 10 and Evan has 18 kicked this year.

Again, as I wrote in the other thread, it's the most-baffling thing that he's stuck around so long, 'cause he isn't as good as his contemporaries in terms of consistency (Gould played in just as bad conditions in Chicago and he has a 5% higher percentage), he isn't as accurate from 50+ at 56.7%(Tucker has made more, while attempting less, Butker, Boswell, Gostowski, I can go on, all have better percentages from 50+) and alarmingly, he's 73rd all-time for XP% and that's even with playing the majority of his career when it was at the 2 yard line.

I would have to think he's a great locker room guy and a solid citizen (plus he would make Rodgers happy), but outside of that, EVERY team in the league has had a better kicker at some point, since he came in the league and I just can't figure out why he's stuck around so long.

It's a mystery and when it comes down to a position that is almost entirely based on numbers and efficiency (as opposed to a role player or 6th OL or something), the Packers could have done better for all of the 2010s.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Does he get a cool wrestling belt for this?

[Image: Pepsi-Rookie-of-the-Week-Sweepstakes.png]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 12:37 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CrosMa20.htm

Any time you were looking at a 40+ yd FG with him, you had to hold your breath cause he didn't have a very strong leg, but the dude was 9/9 on overtime FGs (NFL record) and kicked a total of 15 game winners in his career (T) 12th most. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Some of those kicks could have been from 70.
Reply/Quote
Happy McPherson is kicking this well, always knew he had a big leg and I had us picking him in everyone of my
Mocks as he was by far my favorite Kicker in the last Draft. Nice to be right about players that we pick. Actually
like the Money Mac nickname unlike lots of the others.
Reply/Quote
"Fat Mac"

[Image: 2820bbddf42765b44a7e3db71f78a6a5.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 11:55 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Over all he has looked good this year
Kickers are always hard to figure out. He made 3 long FGs but also missed an extra point.

He didn't say anything and probably wouldn't. But when I see kickers knocking through consistently from distance in a game, them miss an extra point, I almost have to think it was a bad snap and hold. Kickers have bad days, but that usually shows itself throughout a game. One missed Xtra point, and I'm thinking bad hold. It happens.
Reply/Quote