Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservative, Boring 2nd Half (AGAIN)
3 points in the 2nd half?
Just ONCE wouldn't it be nice to blow out a team, while scoring just as many points
in the 2nd half as the 1st?
I keep waiting... but, it never seems to happen.
Reply/Quote
Welcome, to da Marvin Lewis era.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hint: Doesn't matter. We won the game. Winning isn't everything. It's the only thing. I just made that up. Original sounding, huh? Gosh! I'm almost quotable, eh? LoL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Marvball
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 08:59 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Welcome, to da Marvin Lewis era.

Hell, why give the players a chance to have some real fun after a tough and disappointing season? Oh wait. That's not the Marvy way. Does Marvelous Marvin actually fear that another team will run up the score against the Bengals, if he allows the game to become a blowout? Heck, any other coach would do it in a heartbeat. What a pansy!
Reply/Quote
Who gives a crap?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Marvin was not going to rub it in Hue's face.

Like I have been saying lately, Marvin is just too nice to become a great coach.

No killer instinct and believe Ray Lewis brought it to the Ravens great defense to get them over the hump.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 09:49 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Marvin was not going to rub it in Hue's face.

Like I have been saying lately, Marvin is just too nice to become a great coach.

No killer instinct and believe Ray Lewis brought it to the Ravens great defense to get them over the hump.

He's as soft as he looks.
Reply/Quote
When we win, but you still need to feed that fix
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 09:07 PM)grampahol Wrote: Hint: Doesn't matter. We won the game. Winning isn't everything. It's the only thing.  I just made that up.  Original sounding, huh? Gosh! I'm almost quotable, eh? LoL

Sounds like a fishing story.

Reply/Quote
I just wanna see a total beat down, for once.
It's not "bitching" despite a win - it's wanting to have some fun.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 09:49 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Marvin was not going to rub it in Hue's face.

Yeah.....I wouldn't have rubbed Hues face in it either. That said....he has had opportunity prior and not done it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Marv likes to play the percentages with the lead in the 2nd half.

However what was odd is that he decided to go for the 39 yd fg on that 4th and 1 with just under 9 minutes to go in the game. He put more faith in the worst kicker in the league than the run game to get a yard. Luckily the blind squirrel found the nut (Nuge), otherwise Marv decided to go with the lower percentage play there, imo.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 12:06 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I just wanna see a total beat down, for once.
It's not "bitching" despite a win - it's wanting to have some fun.

Fans care about fun.  The team and coaches care about winning.  Yes you are bitching regardless of what you think. 

We won.  GTF over it.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 12:34 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah.....I wouldn't have rubbed Hues face in it either. That said....he has had opportunity prior and not done it.

Marvin and Hue are reportedly good friends, so no - I wouldn't, nor would I expect Marvin to either. Now if it was Jerry Glanville ... Hilarious

(12-12-2016, 12:56 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Marv likes to play the percentages with the lead in the 2nd half.

However what was odd is that he decided to go for the 39 yd fg on that 4th and 1 with just under 9 minutes to go in the game. He put more faith in the worst kicker in the league than the run game to get a yard. Luckily the blind squirrel found the nut (Nuge), otherwise Marv decided to go with the lower percentage play there, imo.

We only had a 10 point lead, had yet to score in the 2nd half, and was playing on a slippery field. Putting points on the board prevailed, even if it did mean Nugent was at bat. That was the smarter thing to do imo.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 12:06 AM)Tomkat Wrote: It's not "bitching" despite a win 

Uh, yeah.  That is exactly what it is.
Reply/Quote
As much as I didn't like the second half, I would chalk a lot of it up to the nature of being up 20-0 and that team doing absolutely nothing against you.

On the other hand, I LOVED what I saw in the play calling in the first half....the timing of that reverse was perfect. They set it up with a few runs, they knew the Browns would be crashing in....if Lafell doesn't miss his block, Boyd scores untouched. Great call. Ditto the short passes from Dalton. Just move the sticks. You could see from RGKnee's wounded ducks that long balls were just going to be up for grabs. I would imagine it will be similar, only even colder, this Sunday.

For those wanting a beat-down, and not letting up off the gas...how about this week, Bengals? As a payback for the shitburgers we ate most of the season?
Reply/Quote
Marvin was not going to run the score up on a close friend who is suffering through a winless season. The game was never in jeopardy, no reason to dish out more pain to a class guy. It's not like Hue Jackson is Mike Tomlin.....
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 09:43 PM)Derrick Wrote: Heck, any other coach would do it in a heartbeat. What a pansy!

Two minutes into the second half the Patriots went up 30-7 over the Browns and Brady had over 300 passing yards.  The rest of the game the Pats threw for only 75 yards and were outscored 6-3.  And they were not playing in the snow.

Does that mean Bill Belichick is also a pansy?
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 10:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Two minutes into the second half the Patriots went up 30-7 over the Browns and Brady had over 300 passing yards.  The rest of the game the Pats threw for only 75 yards and were outscored 6-3.  And they were not playing in the snow.

Does that mean Bill Belichick is also a pansy?

In that particular case... YES.
Reply/Quote