Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservatives on Obama's "lack of experience"
As we all remember one of President Obama's primary shortcomings when elected was that he was "just a community organizer".  He had very little experience and therefore would fail and the HUGE job of running the country.

Obviously overlooked in that equation was the fact that Obama was a young, hard working person who was willing to learn and smart enough to not only handle the job but to also continue working hard for his entire term.

I found this quote while searching for something else:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/Bill-OReilly-conservative-radio-hosts/2014/06/24/id/579075/

Quote:Conservative radio talk show hosts said before Barack Obama was ever elected president in 2008 that he didn't have the qualifications or experience for the job.

Now, Bill O'Reilly says, they've been proved right.

O'Reilly noted that conservatives naturally dislike Obama because he is liberal – perhaps the most liberal president in history, he said Tuesday on Fox News Channel's "The O'Reilly Factor." 

He also said that conservative criticism is both personal and professional.

"The personal stuff doesn't amount to much," O'Reilly said. "He's not a Muslim. He wasn't born in Kenya. He has never done anything nefarious."

But the professional criticisms, he said, "are turning out to be somewhat valid," citing "competency" as Obama's basic problem.

"You may remember that the radio guys pointed out that Barack Obama had little experience running anything, that he was basically a community organizer and a theoretician."

O'Reilly said that if one examines the facts without emotion, "that seems to be accurate. Obama's management skill and problem-solving ability are "dubious," he said.

He cited Obama's promise to fix the troubled Veterans Administration healthcare system if elected. The VA is currently embroiled in a scandal over hiding long wait times, and Sen. Tom Coburn released a report Tuesday showing that 1,000 veterans may have died under the VA's watch.

Fox News contributor Kirsten Powers, a Democrat, told O'Reilly that overall Obama has been a "disappointment," but she argued that conservatives say the same things about every Democrat and simply got lucky on Obama.

"Look, you can't rebut what Monica [Crowley] and others said on the radio turned out to be correct," O'Reilly said.

Now we have a man currently in office with less experience, older and seemingly unwilling to work harder to learn anything but rather chooses to pick family members to run things that he "trusts".

Yet the Right is strangely silent on his "lack of experience" and "dubious problem-solving abilities".

It's not curious to me as the political views flip 180 degrees depending who wins...but wouldn't it be nice if once or twice someone stood behind what they said and meant it while trying to present to the American public that they are telling the "truth"?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I like the whole "most liberal president in history" bit. That made me laugh pretty hard.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-07-2017, 01:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I like the whole "most liberal president in history" bit. That made me laugh pretty hard.

My vote is for the pair of Roosevelt presidents.
(05-07-2017, 01:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I like the whole "most liberal president in history" bit. That made me laugh pretty hard.

I'd imagine that is just a symptom of the word liberal being synonymous with "bad" in the past decade or so.  I recall the less popular George W Bush got the more right-wingers would point out how liberal he really was.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

I think, well, I think, it, you know, a lot of people are saying. and so it is a great knowledge of American History. A really great knowledge. Maybe the greatest. I heard a lot of people said that. I mean, I know someone said it to me once. Great. Really great. And terrific. He was a liberal dude. Bad.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
As to the point of the OP, Trump supporters will likely tell you that Trump's years of experience running businesses makes him qualified for the presidency. This is, of course, flawed reasoning but it is what you will hear from people that are Trump apologists.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-07-2017, 03:44 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: As to the point of the OP, Trump supporters will likely tell you that Trump's years of experience running businesses makes him qualified for the presidency. This is, of course, flawed reasoning but it is what you will hear from people that are Trump apologists.

This "experience" issue pops up when Trump does something like tweet that Comey better "watch out" cuz there might be tapes.

No one with government experience would say such a thing--certainly not someone familiar with the history of the presidency and minimal knowledge what should or not be said publicly regarding investigations.

We see this frequently with Trump. He is playing chess with people who can see six or seven moves ahead, but he cannot see two, thrusting his white house into crisis after crisis.

I don't think Trump has really "run" a business in the sense that someone like Tillerson has.  
(05-07-2017, 11:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: As we all remember one of President Obama's primary shortcomings when elected was that he was "just a community organizer".  He had very little experience and therefore would fail and the HUGE job of running the country.

Obviously overlooked in that equation was the fact that Obama was a young, hard working person who was willing to learn and smart enough to not only handle the job but to also continue working hard for his entire term.

Now we have a man currently in office with less experience, older and seemingly unwilling to work harder to learn anything but rather chooses to pick family members to run things that he "trusts".

Yet the Right is strangely silent on his "lack of experience" and "dubious problem-solving abilities".

It's not curious to me as the political views flip 180 degrees depending who wins...but wouldn't it be nice if once or twice someone stood behind what they said and meant it while trying to present to the American public that they are telling the "truth"?

He did have little experience compared to someone like Hillary or McCain. He was a professor of Constitutional Law, though. And as the Trump regime progresses, we are finding out that would not be a negligible asset.

I think Obama muffed some things, notably the health care roll out. But overall I think he did rather well. Certainly above average.  In one year he will be looking very much better as Trump lurches from misstep to crisis to misstep and back.
(05-07-2017, 03:44 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: As to the point of the OP, Trump supporters will likely tell you that Trump's years of experience running businesses makes him qualified for the presidency. This is, of course, flawed reasoning but it is what you will hear from people that are Trump apologists.

People said that to me and my response was that Gary Johnson built a business himself, so why not give him a look if business is the key thing you look for in a president. 
Trump was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and navigated through multiple bankruptcies and multiple wives and has been sued more times than you can count.

That is all the experience you need to sit on the GOP throne.
but alzheimer potus lives matter. #givehimachance. #nuclearoption