Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Containing CJ Stroud
(11-06-2023, 06:19 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I was lucky early in the season to pick Stoud and Dell on waivers through fantasy football.  Tongue

Congratulations. 
Reply/Quote
I miss Jessie Bates
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:46 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I miss Jessie Bates

…and Von Bell.
Reply/Quote
We make rookie QBs look like veteran superstars. That was my fear for this game - Stroud became Mike White.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 09:25 PM)Interceptor Wrote: We make rookie QBs look like veteran superstars. That was my fear for this game - Stroud became Mike White.

You realize he’s been doing this to everyone right? Today was only the 2nd pick he’s thrown through 9 games. He’s having a historic rookie season.

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 09:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

We’re always the team others set records against.
Reply/Quote
Stroud is an All Pro and MVP candidate. He will likely get one of the honors before Burrow. He's that good. I think we saw who the better QB was yesterday. Sucks for the AFC to have another top QB in the conference.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 01:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: Stroud is an All Pro and MVP candidate. He will likely get one of the honors before Burrow. He's that good. I think we saw who the better QB was yesterday. Sucks for the AFC to have another top QB in the conference.

He’s the better QB after 9 games?

LOL LOL LOL

I swear some of these takes. Kid looks great, but it only gets harder in this league the more tape DC’s have on you. Everyone thought Justin Herbert was the 2nd coming during his rookie season, too. Stroud has a good coach, and plays in a weak division, but only time will tell.

It’s silly to make any kind of definitive statements based off such a small sample size. Burrow has put up back-to-back elite seasons. He’s proven far more than the rookie at this point.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 01:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: Stroud is an All Pro and MVP candidate. He will likely get one of the honors before Burrow. He's that good. I think we saw who the better QB was yesterday. Sucks for the AFC to have another top QB in the conference.

Dude what? lol

Time for me to calm down on the board until Thursday. This is insane
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 02:15 PM)Housh Wrote: Dude what? lol

Time for me to calm down on the board until Thursday. This is insane

Name a Qb playing better in the AFC? Stroud is about to collect the accolades. Burrow has never had a year like the one Stroud has had.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Our pass rush was absolutely abysmal yesterday. 20 plays with 3+ seconds to throw is insane, and certainly made things a lot easier on the rookie.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 02:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: Name a Qb playing better in the AFC? Stroud is about to collect the accolades. Burrow has never had a year like the one Stroud has had.

Tua. His passer rating is five points higher, is completing nearly 70% of his passes to Stroud's 61%, higher yards per attempt and a better TD %. Tua is throwing more interceptions, but Stroud is fumbling often and losing them often. Tua has fumbled more, but only lost one fumble. 

Stroud's current season isn't really close, at all, to Burrow's 2021 season. It's about on par with Burrow last year, which is really impressive. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 09:25 PM)Interceptor Wrote: We make rookie QBs look like veteran superstars. That was my fear for this game - Stroud became Mike White.

The thought process of a couple people comparing Stroud, the #2 pick in the draft to Mike White is a good tell of their basic football knowledge.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 03:03 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The thought process of a couple people comparing Stroud, the #2 pick in the draft to Mike White is a good tell of their basic football knowledge.

I was comparing game-for-game, not career or draft position. Both were rookie QBs when we played them and both times this oh-so-heralded defense came up flat and empty. If there is any comparison, Stroud is Burrow but with a better line and I have stated that earlier in another thread.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 02:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Our pass rush was absolutely abysmal yesterday. 20 plays with 3+ seconds to throw is insane, and certainly made things a lot easier on the rookie.

We won’t win many more games if this happens the rest of the season
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 11:11 AM)Housh Wrote: We won’t win many more games if this happens the rest of the season

Yep. Even mediocre QB’s will carve you up with that kind of time.

Reply/Quote