Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cooley believes Marvin will retire at the end of the season
(12-27-2016, 01:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Stop and think about it.

Why the hell would Marvin Lewis give up millions of dollars and end his career on a low note?

I am betting that Marvin is super motivated to get back to winning next season. All of these coaches have huge egos and hate to lose more than anything.

I read an article on Bengals.com and it said that one of the reasons is that he wants to spend more time with his family and him being a grandfather now or something along the lines.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 01:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Guenther cannot go anywhere unless it is as a head coach. He's contractually obligated here....besides, Guenther is not the problem here. After a somewhat slow start, the defense is actually playing well. Our last 5 losses have come at a combined 16 points. It's not the defense, it's the lack of scoring on offense.

"It’s believed that Guenther can’t go anywhere without the club’s permission and they don’t give away coaches."

- Geoff Hobson.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Finale-kicks-off-offseason/57482952-94eb-49dc-9e2a-9a2c0fb6412f

Reply/Quote
This isn't happening.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 01:53 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I read an article on Bengals.com and it said that one of the reasons is that he wants to spend more time with his family and him being a grandfather now or something along the lines.

His son Marcus works for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 01:54 PM)milksheikh Wrote: "It’s believed that Guenther  can’t go anywhere without the club’s permission and they don’t give away coaches."

- Geoff Hobson.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Finale-kicks-off-offseason/57482952-94eb-49dc-9e2a-9a2c0fb6412f

This is the 3rd and final year of Guenther's contract as DC.  Technically, he'll be free to do as he pleases.  As I understand, he and Jay Gruden are pretty tight..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 02:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This is the 3rd and final year of Guenther's contract as DC.  Technically, he'll be free to do as he pleases.  As I understand, he and Jay Gruden are pretty tight..

It's been 3 years already? Wow.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 02:10 PM)milksheikh Wrote: It's been 3 years already? Wow.
Contract signed Jan. of 2014.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
http://www.forbes.com/sites/simonogus/2016/12/24/cincinnati-bengals-head-coach-marvin-lewis-rumored-to-be-fired-upon-end-of-disappointing-season/#3594566a37de
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 02:12 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: http://www.forbes.com/sites/simonogus/2016/12/24/cincinnati-bengals-head-coach-marvin-lewis-rumored-to-be-fired-upon-end-of-disappointing-season/#3594566a37de

No source.  Just speculation.  
Reply/Quote
Fingers crossed. Then they can shit can the rest of that awful coaching staff and try again.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Chris Cooley is full of hot air. Marvin isn't going anywhere after this season. I would say Zampese and Coyle should be fired along with PA. We'll be right back in the thick of things next year. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 02:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No source.  Just speculation.  

It's Forbes. Not exactly the main source of NFL information. I just found it interesting that they would write something up on Lewis and him actually being fired. I don't think he will be fired myself.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 02:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This is the 3rd and final year of Guenther's contract as DC.  Technically, he'll be free to do as he pleases.  As I understand, he and Jay Gruden are pretty tight..

Beat me to it. I don't mind Guenther as a DC. But as a head coach? Please no... Vance Joseph would be the man.
Reply/Quote
Not to long ago these "speculations" was out and MB gave him an extension. They need to stop jinxing it
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 02:19 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Chris Cooley is full of hot air. Marvin isn't going anywhere after this season. I would say Zampese and Coyle should be fired along with PA. We'll be right back in the thick of things next year. 

I mean that could work in theory but it's more likely all or nothing at this point. I'd really like to see Marin either retire or share duties with Tobin (though I fear he muscles him out). It would be nice to see Marin beat his old team at home and the team carry him off the field in an act that some of u's would celebrate for different reasons.
Reply/Quote

Why the hell would Marvin Lewis give up millions of dollars and end his career on a low note?

I am betting that Marvin is super motivated to get back to winning next season.  All of these coaches have huge egos and hate to lose more than anything.

Sorry Charley. I don't think that applies to Marvelous Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 03:16 PM)Derrick Wrote: Sorry Charley. I don't think that applies to Marvelous Marvin.

Why?
Reply/Quote
I only wish it were true. I'm ready for change good or bad. And I think most of you feel the same way.
Reply/Quote

I am betting that Marvin is super motivated to get back to winning next season.  All of these coaches have huge egos and hate to lose more than anything.

Part of it would have to be the Brown family actually ready to move on from him in that capacity and seeing him "retiring" to save face. None of u's really know how this front office really works...maybe Hobspin does but he know's better to report it. That's what makes all of our theories interesting. You guys already covered dots that could be connected. Maybe they value him in terms of personal that they give him a title, give Vance the HC job, let Joseph fill his staff minus a few untouchables  (please give the piano away this year) but he has to bring Marvin''s son along. That along with Marvin maybe pushing Tobin out would have us irked over his hand over the team but relieved he doesnt actually coach it. It's gotta be dramatic and messy or it would just feel wrong lol.
Reply/Quote
the fat guy as bills HC wuz fired, why mahvin still here
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote