Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charlie Hebdo pissing off Russia
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/151106/world-europe/article/russia-slams-charlie-hebdo-cartoons-egypt-crash-calls-it-sacrilege

[Image: Charlie-Hebdo_0.jpg]

Quote:The Kremlin on Friday angrily condemned France's Charlie Hebdo satirical magazine for publishing political cartoons on the Egypt plane crash in which 224 people died, most of them Russian tourists.

"In our country we can sum this up in a single word: sacrilege," President Vladimir Putin's spokesman Dmitry Peskov told journalists.

"This has nothing to do with democracy or self-expression. It is sacrilege."

The Kremlin spokesman called the cartoons "unacceptable" but said Russia would not make an official complaint.
What does the cartoon say?

BTW I don't think a lot of people realize how far Charlie Hebdo has always pushed the boundries of being offensive.
(11-06-2015, 01:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What does the cartoon say?

BTW I don't think a lot of people realize how far Charlie Hebdo has always pushed the boundries of being offensive.

It looks like it's something about the danger of cheap cocaine. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Russian airlines are often scraps of our planes. They have a lot of mechanical problems.

We fly transaero sometimes and it's definitely a difference than flying one of ours.
(11-06-2015, 01:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Russian airlines are often scraps of our planes.   They have a lot of mechanical problems.  

We fly transaero sometimes and it's definitely a difference than flying one of ours.

Egyptian air is less dense than russian air, typically, due to less humidity.
I often carry a humidifier if I travel to that part of the world.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(11-06-2015, 01:52 PM)Benton Wrote: It looks like it's something about the danger of cheap cocaine. 

No.

Air Cocaine is a french scandal where 2 pilots escaped from Dominican Republic.

It says : 

Dangers of Russian Low Cost Companies : Better travel on Air Cocaine 

And Isis : Russian Army strenghten his bombings on the other draw.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(11-06-2015, 01:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What does the cartoon say?

(11-06-2015, 01:52 PM)Benton Wrote: It looks like it's something about the danger of cheap cocaine. 

(11-06-2015, 02:15 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: No.

Air Cocaine is a french scandal where 2 pilots escaped from Dominican Republic.

It says : 

Dangers of Russian Low Cost Companies : Better travel on Air Cocaine 

And Isis : Russian Army strenghten his bombings on the other draw.

Sorry about that, I should have translated. I actually found this through a German newspaper, which I then had to search for a source in English for everyone.
(11-06-2015, 02:05 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Egyptian air is less dense than russian air, typically, due to less humidity.
I often carry a humidifier if I travel to that part of the world.

I have never been to that region. We have wanted to go to Israel to visit friends, have just never gotten to it