Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordy Glenn - Full Participant in Practice...yet Questionable vs Baltimore
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
He has to be questionable because they don't know when he'll storm off again and leave the team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I started a thread earlier this week about how the two most important positions to help a rookie QB would be #1WR (Green) and LT (Glenn). I was hoping they would both be ready so we could see what Finley could really do.

Glenn isn't great, but he is better than what we have been running out there at LT.
Reply/Quote
This is just complete mismanagement by the FO and is doing no service to a struggling rookie HC. Glenn should have been IR’d or cut.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 06:06 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: This is just complete mismanagement by the FO and is doing no service to a struggling rookie HC. Glenn should have been IR’d or cut.

at this point we are on the hook for his full 2019 salary... Might as well see if we can get anything out of it...  Cutting him just gives him an easy out..  (and still all the money)

unless you are talking about cutting him with sharp objects... that might have worked.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I started a thread earlier this week about how the two most important positions to help a rookie QB would be #1WR (Green) and LT (Glenn).  I was hoping they would both be ready so we could see what Finley could really do.

Glenn isn't great, but he is better than what we have been running out there at LT.

I stated somewhere else this actually makes evaluating Finley a little more clear in comparison to Dalton. The variables surrounding them will be as close as they probably can be. 

On the flip side its really irritating that this team can't get players on the field. Especially on a winless team that needs all the help they can get. As a player I would NOT want to be known for being on an 0-16 team. Apparently these guys would rather use it as an excuse for not going out and doing the job they're paid millions to do. To each his own I guess. Pride in your team has generally never really been a Bengals value for many.
Reply/Quote
I'll be surprised if Glenn plays another snap for this team.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 06:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: at this point we are on the hook for his full 2019 salary... Might as well see if we can get anything out of it...  Cutting him just gives him an easy out..  (and still all the money)

unless you are talking about cutting him with sharp objects... that might have worked.

I’m saying that’s a small price to pay to alleviate some tension and drama from a young coach’s list of things to deal with.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 07:11 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’m saying that’s a small price to pay to alleviate some tension and drama from a young coach’s list of things to deal with.

nah this butt hole asked to be cut after pretending to be hurt all season long...  that's not someone you give what they want... He we listed as healthy and sratch him out every game... his likely hood of being in the nfl next year is slim...      He shouldn't be in the league anymore  if either condition was true.
1.  He had a concussion that lasted half the season
or
2. He was faking to not play.
Reply/Quote
That's not news. Many of us found his quality of play to be questionable, even at full strength. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 07:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: nah this butt hole asked to be cut after pretending to be hurt all season long...  that's not someone you give what they want... He we listed as healthy and sratch him out every game... his likely hood of being in the nfl next year is slim...      He shouldn't be in the league anymore  if either condition was true.
1.  He had a concussion that lasted half the season
or
2. He was faking to not play.

I don’t care about Glenn or his career. I care about the team doing the right thing by its rookie HC. Cutting him allows the coaches and players to move on and focus on the future. Having a disgruntled employee wandering around the facility isn’t helping anybody.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 05:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He is listed as questionable because he is a "snowflake" generation player.  I don't think he really likes to play football but needs to make a living.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 08:45 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: He is listed as questionable because he is a "snowflake" generation player.  I don't think he really likes to play football but needs to make a living.  

Most likely. Although, I suspect IF he played in a city or for a team that he liked...he'd be happier.

Who knows though?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 07:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's not news. Many of us found his quality of play to be questionable, even at full strength. Ninja

... Also his character and work ethic.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Where was he at when we needed him ? Which is the entire year. Ship his sorry butt out of here.
Reply/Quote
He’ll just half-ass block on the first pass play and get Finley blown up, then they’ll pull him and he will get what he wants. It’s truly a no win scenario for the Bengals
Reply/Quote
Honestly...and I know people don't want to hear this...but Jerry is playing at Tackle to a similar level to Glenn last year.
Reply/Quote
you can never let Porky Glenn play another down as a Bengal...……...cut your losses and get that poison out of your locker room

this dude is a head case that drags down the whole lemonade stand that Mikey runs
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 10:35 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: He’ll just half-ass block on the first pass play and get Finley blown up, then they’ll pull him and he will get what he wants. It’s truly a no win scenario for the Bengals

Got me another one of them concussions...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I feel like if Glenn wants to continue to play in the NFL, he HAS to play for the Bengals this year. I'd think that almost every other team would not give him the time of day if the Bengals cut him and he hasn't played for us this year. The only teams that would offer him a contract are probably the ones he'd give up on like he has for us and the Bills.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote