Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Core's long catch
SHOULD HAVE BEEN 1st and goal at the 1... But, the refs incorrectly ruled him out of bounds at the 5.
Look at this - look at all the green grass between his foot and sideline...

[Image: sZkMRRG.jpg]

I know it's a moot point, because the Bengals scored a TD shortly after,
but officiating mistakes like that can be huge.
Reply/Quote
I didn't notice at the time, I was just stoked they actually got core involved. I been calling for him to get PT all year.
Reply/Quote
Agreed.

When I first seen the replay, I thought, damn, was that a non-called horsecollar penalty as well?

Good job today Core!

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good catch, core.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This has me jacked up. I also liked that they mentioned we lot Sanu and Marvin Jones..... I mean Sanu Sr and Marvin Jones Jr....

Which by the way... we got en endemic going down with "Sr's" - its getting weird man!

-- WHO DEY THINK GONNA BEAT DEM BENGALS!! --
Reply/Quote
Boyd, Core and Erickson are going to be fine receivers for the Bengals in the future.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Pretty bad, but not as bad as that holding call against the Giants that helped the Steelers get off to a 5-0 start.

Then they pick up the flag on Mike Mitchell for spearing a defenseless receiver who was going for the ball. Definitely some home cooking in that game.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I just love that stiff arm. Wink

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 10:52 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I just love that stiff arm.  Wink

Read my mind. I wish our RB had one! Ninja 

But then he would probably fumble all the time.

Reply/Quote
We saw that on the Jumbo tron and were yelling at Marvin to challenge it but Marvin only challenges calls where he is obviously wrong.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 11:08 PM)CJ2etc Wrote: We saw that on the Jumbo tron and were yelling at Marvin to challenge it but Marvin only challenges calls where he is obviously wrong.

Using a challenge for 4 yards is bad coaching
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 12:17 AM)eoxyod Wrote: Using a challenge for 4 yards is bad coaching

It's easy to say that, in hindsight, but... what if the Bengals ended up settling for a FG on that drive?
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 09:00 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Agreed.

When I first seen the replay, I thought, damn, was that a non-called horsecollar penalty as well?

Good job today Core!
My wife jumped up and said he was NOT out of bounds. The replay confirmed it. It could have been called hands to the face on Core though. Thankfully it wasn't and they scored anyway.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 12:19 AM)Tomkat Wrote: It's easy to say that, in hindsight, but... what if the Bengals ended up settling for a FG on that drive?

It would still be bad coaching. In terms of value to the game vs what other plays might arise that  would need a challenge, that kind of play would rank very low
Reply/Quote
It's not bad coaching when challenging an obvious mistake... he clearly stayed in bounds.
A successful challenge hurts nothing.
Fortunately, the Bengals scored a TD and made it a moot point.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 12:17 AM)eoxyod Wrote: Using a challenge for 4 yards is bad coaching

Bad coaching and Marvin Lewis have had a very long affair going on.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 09:27 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Good catch, core.

Agreed... great play.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 12:31 AM)eoxyod Wrote: It would still be bad coaching. In terms of value to the game vs what other plays might arise that  would need a challenge, that kind of play would rank very low

(12-05-2016, 12:36 AM)Tomkat Wrote: It's not bad coaching when challenging an obvious mistake... he clearly stayed in bounds.

Agreed, but Marvin loses a lot of challenges....so,... :paul:

Like the timeout last week, or anything you put in the refs hands, always seem to go badly against this team. 

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 12:49 AM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Like the timeout last week, or anything you put in the refs hands, always seem to go badly against this team. 

I must admit, it's hard to argue that point.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 12:36 AM)Tomkat Wrote: It's not bad coaching when challenging an obvious mistake... he clearly stayed in bounds.

If I recall correctly, the only time you can challenge the spot is on a potential 1st down or TD situation.  Since it clearly wasn't a TD, and it clearly was a 1st down, I don't believe you could challenge the play even if you wanted to.
Reply/Quote