Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(11-06-2021, 12:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: Got my booster (Moderna half dose) today.

Walked in without an appointment.  Took about 15 minutes to do the paperwork.

Coincidentally it was nine months to the day since my first shot.

I was one of the lucky people to have flu like reactions to the first two so I'm hoping for just mild reactions this time.

Are we supposed to get boosters?  I got Pfizer. 

Crap I just realized I haven't gotten a flu shot yet.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 11:41 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Are we supposed to get boosters?  I got Pfizer. 

It really isnt talked about much but I am going to explore into it this week.  They are saying after 6 months, the effectiveness may drop as low as 40 percent.  Right now they are emphasizing the 65 and older group, of which I'm not in that age group, yet I am at 7 months since I had the shots.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 11:41 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Are we supposed to get boosters?  I got Pfizer. 

Crap I just realized I haven't gotten a flu shot yet.

The effectiveness of the immunization has shown a decreased effectiveness in the prevention of mild and moderate disease over time. The effectiveness of it to prevent serious illness and death is still there.

Here is the CDC info on boosters: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/booster-shot.html
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Will the booster change my DNA again? I've got some paternity suits I'd like to avoid.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 12:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Will the booster change my DNA again?  I've got some paternity suits I'd like to avoid.

RNA you Pennsylvania hick.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 12:49 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The effectiveness of the immunization has shown a decreased effectiveness in the prevention of mild and moderate disease over time. The effectiveness of it to prevent serious illness and death is still there.

Here is the CDC info on boosters: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/booster-shot.html

I think I'm good then. For now at least.  Only had loss of taste and smell the first time around, and I can live with some moderate sickness.  

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 12:58 PM)michaelsean Wrote: RNA you Pennsylvania hick.

JFK is gonna show up because I now have QNA. 
Reply/Quote
This, uh, this is something...

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 10:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: This, uh, this is something...

Such pro-life. Very protect the children. Wow.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 08:47 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Such pro-life. Very protect the children. Wow.

The lulz when "Being Fed" is listed as a talking point on fox news.
Reply/Quote
A friend on FB, who I graduated college with and I think is a smart interesting person...but who is also so smart that she won't ever take the vaccine that she think Trump should get credit for...posted that she bought these:

[Image: 255950099_10158703891127066_169026334180...e=6191BD26]

And I just couldn't help but wonder what the reaction would be if it was worn by someone pulled over by the police.  Well, someone who wasn't white....or a man.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 11:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: A friend on FB, who I graduated college with and I think is a smart interesting person...but who is also so smart that she won't ever take the vaccine that she think Trump should get credit for...posted that she bought these:

And I just couldn't help but wonder what the reaction would be if it was worn by someone pulled over by the police.  Well, someone who wasn't white....or a man.

[Image: 7af39fc13077a43ffeb9848a503f54f58d653cfd...871_1.webp]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 11:47 AM)Nately120 Wrote: [Image: 7af39fc13077a43ffeb9848a503f54f58d653cfd...871_1.webp]

Must be why I got pulled over and my vehicle searched for dropping off a co-worker one night after work.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 12:04 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Must be why I got pulled over and my vehicle searched for dropping off a co-worker one night after work.

Hopefully you didn't comply...or did you?  I can't keep track of how parotitic opposing or following the government is, anymore. 
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 12:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hopefully you didn't comply...or did you?  I can't keep track of how parotitic opposing or following the government is, anymore. 

I didn't have anything to hide, so I let them do what they felt they had to do. Could've done without the UC's attitude. He kept asking why I was shaking - my clothes were wet (I was a dishwasher at the time) and it was ***** November.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 11:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: A friend on FB, who I graduated college with and I think is a smart interesting person...but who is also so smart that she won't ever take the vaccine that she think Trump should get credit for...posted that she bought these:

I don’t think the “or a man” fits your comparison which is kinda weak to begin with. I saw people wear “resist” shirts, but I don’t recall any of them being treated poorly by police.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 04:33 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don’t think the “or a man” fits your comparison which is kinda weak to begin with. I saw people wear “resist” shirts, but I don’t recall any of them being treated poorly by police.

Do they sell blinder is all sizes?  Ninja

All seriousness aside haven't we heard over and over "just comply" "just do what the officer says" and no one gets hurt?  Then that same subset of people where shirts saying this and you don't see the irony/hypocrisy/humor in it?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 09:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: Do they sell blinder is all sizes?  Ninja

All seriousness aside haven't we heard over and over "just comply" "just do what the officer says" and no one gets hurt?  Then that same subset of people where shirts saying this and you don't see the irony/hypocrisy/humor in it?

If they don’t comply, and then complain about treatment, then I would see irony I guess. But you are sort of big blanketing here saying everyone belongs in both the comply with police and the don’t comply with the vaccine group. I would think most people would be with the comply with the police group. Kind of stupid not to. The trouble arises when people comply and still get abused.

Reply/Quote
So it looks like there is new variant from South Africa. Might be more contagious and there are questions whether the current vaccines will be effective on it. It is still very early on, in the process, with more analyzing going on. But it has kind of shaken the stock market this morning. Moderna said they could create a better vaccine for it in a couple of months if needed, and then it would take three months to manufacture. So total would be a 5 month process if the variant did in fact cause new action. There might be an over reaction, but this is the kind of thing people were concerned about happening. Hopefully it becomes a non-story.
Reply/Quote
New deadly variant, eh?  Biden seems pretty stupid so I bet he says it'll just disappear like magic and his dumbass supporters will believe him and not their own eyes.

Actually, if the stock market keeps falling the right thing to do would be to lie his ass off about it. 

Oh and since it is from Africa Biden should call it the "If it didn't vote for me it ain't black" virus.
Reply/Quote