Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(03-16-2021, 03:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: Still wrong.  Still bad facts and misinformation.  No matter how many times it is taken down and reposted.

All of which is bad for the general wellbeing of the population.

What's bad for the population is fearmongering people to the point they think they need to lock everything down, close schools and hurt 10's of millions of people in the process, all because 500K elderly and immune compromised people have died in the last 16 months.  Then fearmongering people to think they need to inject themselves with some unproven "vaccine" from one of the big Pharma's.

You guys do you.  Good luck.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 03:55 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: To be 100% honest I googled "define vaccine"  and this came up first.........

vac·cine

noun

1. a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.
    "there is no vaccine against the virus"
    • COMPUTING
      a program designed to detect computer viruses and inactivate them.

Right, so the vaccine does stimulate the production of antibodies that provide immunity. It does not provide total immunity, however, neither does the flu vaccine. What are you arguing here?
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 04:03 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Then fearmongering people to think they need to inject themselves with some unproven "vaccine" from one of the big Pharma's.

There it is.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 03:50 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: You literally have no idea who may or may not have had covid.  Your entire family could have had it and you may not know.  Getting the "vaccine" does not stop you from getting or passing covid.

Well since my family isn't made up of selfish sociopaths, I do actually know who among them has had it and who hasn't.

Getting the polio vaccine doesn't stop someone from carrying it either, but it tends to kill the virus when it can't incubate long enough to do damage or mutate.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 03:49 PM)Au165 Wrote: The definitions is actually... 

a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.

The reason I asked if he got it from Facebook is rather than recognize that it is a substance producing antibodies that provide immunity, even if not complete immunity, to a disease they focus on "immunity" as an absolute. In reality, it is a vaccine and I am going to side with the thousands of experts that label it as such over Facebook doctors trying to play contrarian. 

I know what the definition of vaccine is. I was simply pointing out that what was said was technically true, even if it was being presented in bad faith (such as it was).
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 04:03 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: What's bad for the population is fearmongering people to the point they think they need to lock everything down, close schools and hurt 10's of millions of people in the process, all because 500K elderly and immune compromised people have died in the last 16 months.  Then fearmongering people to think they need to inject themselves with some unproven "vaccine" from one of the big Pharma's.

You guys do you.  Good luck.

500k people is no big deal to you? You don't think that would be much higher if there were not restrictions in place? Your whole post embodies pure ignorance and a complete lack of empathy. Covid 19 is a thing whether you are able to understand it or not. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 04:03 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: What's bad for the population is fearmongering people to the point they think they need to lock everything down, close schools and hurt 10's of millions of people in the process, all because 500K elderly and immune compromised people have died in the last 16 months.  

Two questions.

1.  Are you still trying to claim that no one has died except elderly and immune compromised people?

2.  Why don't the lives of the elderly and immune compromised matter?

It is not "fearmongering" when people do things to protect the lives of other people.  I always knew I wa snot at a high risk of dying.  But I still supported policies to protect the lives of others.  Some of us actually care if elderly or immune compromised people die.  And the fact is that lots of people have died who were not elerly or immune compromised.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 05:36 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Well since my family isn't made up of selfish sociopaths, I do actually know who among them has had it and who hasn't.

Getting the polio vaccine doesn't stop someone from carrying it either, but it tends to kill the virus when it can't incubate long enough to do damage or mutate.

I believe he means people could have had it and not known. And sociopaths?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 08:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I believe he means people could have had it and not known. And sociopaths?

As in a sociopath wouldn't share with their loved ones they have contracted a contagious virus with a disturbing body count. That kind of sociopath.
Reply/Quote
In other news, Trump urged his followers to get the vaccine, which is good. It is interesting to note that even he acknowledged that a lot of the people that don't want the vaccine voted for him.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 08:13 AM)Au165 Wrote: In other news, Trump urged his followers to get the vaccine, which is good. It is interesting to note that even he acknowledged that a lot of the people that don't want the vaccine voted for him.

Just heard him say that.

While it might swing some of his supporters it is still sad that it took this long for him to say it.

Goes back to people wanting to give him credit when he did the right thing no matter how long it took him and how many wrong things he did along the way there.

I wonder how many of the totally confused conspiracy believers who didn't know what to do when Trump didn't really get inaugurated (either time) will react to this?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure "get the vaccine" is code speak for "Biden is a pedo and I'm going to arrest him and return to the white house on April 1st."
Reply/Quote
All I know is that round one of the Moderna vaccine is currently working through my system.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 11:46 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: All I know is that round one of the Moderna vaccine is currently working through my system.

Hope you don't get a reaction.

I had a reaction to both shots.  First was very cold and tired and then a fever.  Second was tired and fever.  Took ibuprofen after the second time only.  Hit me about 12 hours in and lasted about 24 hours.

No one else in the family had a reaction.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 11:57 AM)GMDino Wrote: Hope you don't get a reaction.

I had a reaction to both shots.  First was very cold and tired and then a fever.  Second was tired and fever.  Took ibuprofen after the second time only.  Hit me about 12 hours in and lasted about 24 hours.

No one else in the family had a reaction.

You have any allergies at all? 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 12:12 PM)Au165 Wrote: You have any allergies at all? 

None.  Just my lot with this I guess.

I've seen some anecdotal evidence that people who were taking Vitamin D didn't have any reaction to the shots.  I don't take anything.
Reply/Quote
Nervous

Quote:Meghan McCain Blames Kamala Harris for Republicans’ Vaccine Hesitancy

STRAWMAN SAYS WHAT?
McCain somehow found a way to tie Harris’ remarks last fall on not taking Trump’s word on vaccines to the growing hesitancy by Republicans to get a shot.
[Image: justin-author_fdbxfe.jpg]
[/url]Justin Baragona
Contributing Editor
[url=https://www.thedailybeast.com/author/justin-baragona]

Updated Mar. 16, 2021 

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]The View’s Meghan McCain on Tuesday cast blame on Kamala Harris for how a large share of Republicans express hesitancy about getting a coronavirus vaccine, citing remarks made by the vice president made last fall to claim “both sides are equally responsible for this.”
[/color]

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)][color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]Concern has grown in recent weeks as polls show that Republicans, and specifically supporters of former President Donald Trump, are increasingly resistant to receiving a vaccination. In a recent NPR/Marist survey, for instance, 49 percent of Republican men said they won’t choose to get a shot if it’s made available to them.[/color][/color]

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)][color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]Public-health experts, meanwhile, have tried to appeal to the ex-president to publicly express support for the vaccines in the hopes that could reverse these trends among Republicans. (Trump did not participate in a pro-vaccine ad campaign featuring other living ex-presidents.) At the same time, however, Fox News and other right-wing media outlets have progressively peddled vaccine skepticism as the Biden administration ramps up vaccinations.[/color][/color]

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)][color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]Addressing this growing issue on Tuesday’s broadcast of The View, McCain first warned viewers that she “may trigger” them with her belief that even more Republicans are skeptical of vaccines than what the polls are showing. The conservative host, though, wanted the audience to know that she herself was “happy to get the vaccine” live on the air as a form of advocacy.[/color][/color]

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)][color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]“I do trust science,” she said. “I trust doctors, and quite frankly I would let them put an iPod Nano between my shoulder blades if it means I can get drunk at Caesar’s Palace again.”[/color][/color]

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)][color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]From there, McCain then pivoted to remarks made by Harris during the 2020 campaign in which the then-candidate said she “would not trust Donald Trump, and it would have to be a credible source of information that talks about the efficacy and the reliability of whatever he's talking about” when it came to a vaccine distribute and approved prior to the election.[/color][/color]

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)][color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]“I trust the doctors, however, I want to show a clip to explain why it’s happening with Republicans,” McCain said before airing the clip of Harris.[/color][/color]

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)][color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]“So she’s expressing skepticism about the vaccine under the Trump administration,” The View co-host reacted to the clip. “A lot of Republicans I know are expressing skepticism about the vaccine under the Biden administration, which is why this has been so dangerous that this has become so politicized.”[/color][/color]

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)][color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]She continued: “Both sides are equally responsible for this, but the media really lauded her at the time when she said that, and she didn’t get nearly as much pushback.”[/color][/color]

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)][color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]McCain went on to claim that “Republicans are contrarian by nature” and are built to “question authority and to question big government” before also blaming President Joe Biden for Republican hesitancy.[/color][/color]

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)][color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]“There have been many opportunities to right this wrong, including President Biden going on TV and giving credit to President Trump for the help with the rollout of this vaccine, which he didn’t do,” she groused.[/color][/color]

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)][color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]What appears to be missing from McCain’s seemingly strawman argument is that Harris specifically stated at the time that while she would not take Trump “at his word” on the efficacy and safety of any vaccine approved prior to the election, she would trust what scientists and health officials said about it.[/color][/color]

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)][color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]And despite conservatives and right-wing pundits accusing Biden and Harris of trafficking in “anti-vaccine” rhetoric at the time, both the vice-president and president publicly received immunizations shortly after they were approved by the FDA. Trump, meanwhile, received his vaccine in secret, something that was only reported weeks later.[/color][/color]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 12:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: None.  Just my lot with this I guess.

I've seen some anecdotal evidence that people who were taking Vitamin D didn't have any reaction to the shots.  I don't take anything.

I've also heard that taking tylenol prior to the shot, and regulary afterward makes a big difference too.

40 and up are eligible in Ohio come Friday... I'll be on conference call with you and Mr Gates shortly there after.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 01:07 PM)jason Wrote: I've also heard that taking tylenol prior to the shot, and regulary afterward makes a big difference too.

40 and up are eligible in Ohio come Friday... I'll be on conference call with you and Mr Gates shortly there after.

ThumbsUp

Funny enough I heard to NOT take anything before hand.  

Also the shot location wasn't as sore as long the second time.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 06:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Two questions.

1.  Are you still trying to claim that no one has died except elderly and immune compromised people?

2.  Why don't the lives of the elderly and immune compromised matter?

It is not "fearmongering" when people do things to protect the lives of other people.  I always knew I wa snot at a high risk of dying.  But I still supported policies to protect the lives of others.  Some of us actually care if elderly or immune compromised people die.  And the fact is that lots of people have died who were not elerly or immune compromised.
Of course not and they do.  It is a super majority though.

Don't you care about the 10's of millions of people harmed by the lockdowns and school closings? Why don't their lives matter?

I'll be happy when all the little sheep have their precious "vaccine" and their false sense of "immunity" so they will finally let the rest of us go back to living normally.

Hey, I thought Kamala was all for "Me too"?  She tried to destroy Kav over a 20+ year old accusation with nothing to back it up.  Now she ignores Cuomo questions that have quite a bit to back them up along with a police report.  Such a bunch of lying hypocrites.

We went from an egotistical, asshole, dumbass Tweeter to a cognitively impaired mumbler with a radical leftist for vice president.  And humans are supposed to be the most intelligent.   lmfao!!

Peace out broskis!   Who Dey!
Reply/Quote