Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(03-18-2021, 07:48 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You're of course free to believe whatever you want. But when your beliefs fly in the face of science of medicine, expect those beliefs - and yourself - to be mocked for it.

Don't care about being mocked.  Other medical professionals have different takes.  We shall see how it all shakes out.

In the meantime, everyone living in fear of Covid might want to get down to the border and help plug up all that Covid coming in unchecked.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 01:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: Strange.  Cases rising in states that are opening up the fastest.  

Weird.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/18/health/us-coronavirus-thursday/index.html

This is almost as troubling as people who don't "believe" in evolution not understanding how the variants are being created and passed on.

Cases, not deaths?
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:53 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Don't care about being mocked.  Other medical professionals have different takes.  We shall see how it all shakes out.

In the meantime, everyone living in fear of Covid might want to get down to the border and help plug up all that Covid coming in unchecked.

I thought everyone was upset that people were being detained at the border for too long? Or that Biden's camps were overflowing due to all the people being stopped? Or do we have to keep changing boogie men because neither situation is as bad as the media would have you believe?

Maybe I just don't live in fear of brown people and I have a social conscience when it comes to trying to help protect the health of my fellow Americans, not fear of a virus I'm scientifically not got to worry about.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:53 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Don't care about being mocked.  Other medical professionals have different takes.  We shall see how it all shakes out.

How do you operationally define "living in fear of covid?"  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 01:35 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I thought everyone was upset that people were being detained at the border for too long? Or that Biden's camps were overflowing due to all the people being stopped? Or do we have to keep changing boogie men because neither situation is as bad as the media would have you believe?

Maybe I just don't live in fear of brown people and I have a social conscience when it comes to trying to help protect the health of my fellow Americans, not fear of a virus I'm scientifically not got to worry about.

Scared of brown people.   Hilarious   

Actually, according to the woke peeps, it's the old white guys that are the problem.  And Dr. Seuss books.  And statues.  And names on buildings.  and mascots.  How pathetic and weak.

Not sure what Biden has to do with this.  Illegal immigration and meaningful reform policies have been an issue for decades.

Why is it so hard to have real border enforcement along with real, effective policy?

How do millions of illegals make the USA better for the actual citizens?

This is not rocket science.  If you are an illegal you should not be able to get housing, go to school, medical services, a job, license, etc., and if you are found you should be immediately, on the spot removed from the Country.  If those things happened there would be no border issues or illegal immigration problem.  Too much crying and feelings.  That crap gets you nowhere but taken advantage of.

I bet it's super helpful for citizens kids when their schools are overcrowded by illegals who cannot even speak English. But hey, those illegal non citizens are getting theirs so who cares.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:31 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: How do millions of illegals make the USA better for the actual citizens?

GOP answer for decades - They do the work Americans refuse to do.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: GOP answer for decades - They do the work Americans refuse to do.

Who cares who said what?  They all suck.

And I think that is a bunch of BS.  
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:41 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Who cares who said what?  They all suck.

And I think that is a bunch of BS.  

I"m just saying the GOP's take on illegals has done a bit of a flip now that they've become the party of the working class.  Before it was illegals coming to do jobs that lazy Americans had turned into overpaying union jobs but now the GOP is catering to the blue collar types so illegals are just coming here to spread disease and destruction.

Is it BS?  Maybe.  Everything you are saying about illegals today was said about the Irish and Italians, so what's new about any of it?  We're always on the verge of being overrun by a culture of rapey non-english speaking maniacs, apparently.  
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:31 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Scared of brown people.   Hilarious   

Actually, according to the woke peeps, it's the old white guys that are the problem.  And Dr. Seuss books.  And statues.  And names on buildings.  and mascots.  How pathetic and weak.

Not sure what Biden has to do with this.  Illegal immigration and meaningful reform policies have been an issue for decades.

Why is it so hard to have real border enforcement along with real, effective policy?

How do millions of illegals make the USA better for the actual citizens?

This is not rocket science.  If you are an illegal you should not be able to get housing, go to school, medical services, a job, license, etc., and if you are found you should be immediately, on the spot removed from the Country.  If those things happened there would be no border issues or illegal immigration problem.  Too much crying and feelings.  That crap gets you nowhere but taken advantage of.

I bet it's super helpful for citizens kids when their schools are overcrowded by illegals who cannot even speak English.  But hey, those illegal non citizens are getting theirs so who cares.

Nobody canceled Dr. Seuss, despite what your pundits are claiming. As a corporation, they made a decision to stop printing 6 books that nobody read anyways. Building statues and naming forts after losers and traitors is a purely American practice and should be done away with anyways. Why anyone continues to defend those things is beyond me; but I imagine the same people wanting those statues and buildings to remain unchanged also want their little crotch goblins to get participation trophies, so whatever.

I'm simply stating what I see and what I read and that's that Biden is failing at immigration for simultaneously keeping too many locked up and letting too many through. How he's able to perform both requires mental gymnastics I'm not capable of, so you'll have to explain it to me.

As far as does having millions of illegals make the country better, I'd ask you how you like having produce available for less than $5 an apple. Because honestly, that's probably what you'll get if we stop companies from hiring illegals to perform the jobs that most Americans can't and won't do. They're not coming here and taking jobs from engineers and doctors, they're taking menial farm hand jobs that you wouldn't do with someone else's body. You're going after the wrong people if you think that the person looking for a better life is in the wrong verus the corporations who hire them for sub-minimum wages to do tasks you can't be bothered with.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:31 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: How do millions of illegals make the USA better for the actual citizens?

Just like every other person.  They work which increases production, and they buy which increases consumption and sales tax.

The increase our Gross Domestic Production. (GDP)
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:31 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Actually, according to the woke peeps, it's the old white guys that are the problem.  And Dr. Seuss books.  And statues.  And names on buildings.  and mascots.  How pathetic and weak.

Not as stupid as blaming poor immigrants for hurting the middle class while all the money lost from the middle class has moved into the hands of the top 5%.

I know you rubes don't care much for education, but simple math should tell you that if the rich are getting richer while the poor and middle class are getting poorer then the poor are not the problem.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 04:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just like every other person.  They work which increases production, and they buy which increases consumption and sales tax.

The increase our Gross Domestic Production. (GDP)

Except they're here illegally, so why can they get a job, or housing, or education, or healthcare or a license, or etc.?  Come in legally.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 04:24 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Except they're here illegally, so why can they get a job, or housing, or education, or healthcare or a license, or etc.?  Come in legally.

If they come in legally can they take down statues and rename buildings?   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 03:26 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Nobody canceled Dr. Seuss, despite what your pundits are claiming. As a corporation, they made a decision to stop printing 6 books that nobody read anyways. Building statues and naming forts after losers and traitors is a purely American practice and should be done away with anyways. Why anyone continues to defend those things is beyond me; but I imagine the same people wanting those statues and buildings to remain unchanged also want their little crotch goblins to get participation trophies, so whatever.

I'm simply stating what I see and what I read and that's that Biden is failing at immigration for simultaneously keeping too many locked up and letting too many through. How he's able to perform both requires mental gymnastics I'm not capable of, so you'll have to explain it to me.

As far as does having millions of illegals make the country better, I'd ask you how you like having produce available for less than $5 an apple. Because honestly, that's probably what you'll get if we stop companies from hiring illegals to perform the jobs that most Americans can't and won't do. They're not coming here and taking jobs from engineers and doctors, they're taking menial farm hand jobs that you wouldn't do with someone else's body. You're going after the wrong people if you think that the person looking for a better life is in the wrong verus the corporations who hire them for sub-minimum wages to do tasks you can't be bothered with.

I didn't say canceled,  I said have a problem with.  In other words, being a bunch of little whinny, p!@#$y b!@#$es with their poor wittle feelers bent.

Everybody has failed at immigration for decades because they are either to damn emotional or they use it as a political tool.

That's cool.  Committing certain Federal crimes is ok if you are doing it to better yourself or your family.  They are overcrowding some schools and making it much harder for American children to learn.  A lot of those areas already are depressed and have issues.  Illegals should have access to absolutely nothing and be deported immediately.  The flow would dry up FAAAAAAST!!!!  Short term pain, long term gain.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 04:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not as stupid as blaming poor immigrants for hurting the middle class while all the money lost from the middle class has moved into the hands of the top 5%.

I know you rubes don't care much for education, but simple math should tell you that if the rich are getting richer while the poor and middle class are getting poorer then the poor are not the problem.

There it is!  "Poor immigrants".    Feelings.........blah.       No..................Illegal immigrants who broke into our Country and committed a Federal crime.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 04:31 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I didn't say canceled,  I said have a problem with.  In other words, being a bunch of little whinny, p!@#$y b!@#$es with their poor wittle feelers bent.

Everybody has failed at immigration for decades because they are either to damn emotional or they use it as a political tool.

That's cool.  Committing certain Federal crimes is ok if you are doing it to better yourself or your family.  They are overcrowding some schools and making it much harder for American children to learn.  A lot of those areas already are depressed and have issues.  Illegals should have access to absolutely nothing and be deported immediately.  The flow would dry up FAAAAAAST!!!!  Short term pain, long term gain.

I will say this:  When it comes to throwing word salads full of talking points you win the prize.

From coronavirus to overcrowded classrooms to immigration to statues to Dr. Seuss.  Nothing is too far flung that you can't blame everyone else, especially foreigners, for it.  And you just throw them all together!  As if randomly saying things you don't like is the same as a coherent argument or discussion about the issues!  Bravo!

And such an alpha male you are!  Everyone else being all those symbols you used to hide what you wanted to call them.

I say Kudos to you for your bravery in standing up for what you believe in!  Whatever the hell that is...
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 04:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: If they come in legally can they take down statues and rename buildings?   Smirk

They can exercise whatever rights that come with being here legally.

Tearing down statues is illegal.  Promoting the renaming of buildings is legal.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 04:36 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: There it is!  "Poor immigrants".    Feelings.........blah.       No..................Illegal immigrants who broke into our Country and committed a Federal crime.

Can list list the that federal law they broke?
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 04:42 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: They can exercise whatever rights that come with being here legally.

Tearing down statues is illegal.  Promoting the renaming of buildings is legal.

What if they arrange to have a statue taken down legally?
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 04:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: I will say this:  When it comes to throwing word salads full of talking points you win the prize.

From coronavirus to overcrowded classrooms to immigration to statues to Dr. Seuss.  Nothing is too far flung that you can't blame everyone else, especially foreigners, for it.  And you just throw them all together!  As if randomly saying things you don't like is the same as a coherent argument or discussion about the issues!  Bravo!

And such an alpha male you are!  Everyone else being all those symbols you used to hide what you wanted to call them.

I say Kudos to you for your bravery in standing up for what you believe in!  Whatever the hell that is...

Thanks bro, I love you too!

I'm gonna go rock out our gig tomorrow at a private party.  You guys have fun hiding in the Covid corner.

Have a great weekend!
Reply/Quote