Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
Second shot of Moderna in my arm as of Wednesday, nothing too bad for a reaction. I know Moderna is already working on a booster to take variants into account, more.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 08:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Second shot of Moderna in my arm as of Wednesday, nothing too bad for a reaction. I know Moderna is already working on a booster to take variants into account, more.

I think I read today, that Pfizer is also working on a booster. I got my second (Pfizer) this past Sunday around 1:15pm. I started feeling bad around 1 or 2am. I fell asleep around 3am, but then woke up at 9am feeling terrible. Had that ache in all my bones that is usually associated with the flu. It was really bad. But then almost all at once, around noon, my bad symptoms were completely gone. 

I did take a 3 hour nap later in the afternoon. I have insomnia and NEVER take naps (not by choice lol). Only way I could describe it, is that it was a good tired feeling. I felt great! 
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 08:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Second shot of Moderna in my arm as of Wednesday, nothing too bad for a reaction. I know Moderna is already working on a booster to take variants into account, more.

I just got my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine Wednesday as well... Painless enough going in the arm. I started to feel it at the injection site about 10 hours later. Thursday was basically a 24 hour taste of Covid-19... Still worth it to me.

Someone over in Jungle Noise posted the other day that he has a July 1st line in the sand. By that time, anybody who wants the shot has had time to get it. I see no point in continuing to "protect" others who feel the need to not take advantage of resources provided to them. I've done my part for a year and a half by that point. I'll still play the game if it means a bar or restaurant owner may be fined or whatever, but I'm gonna be done covering my face in public for the most part.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Getting my first shot this morning. I know it's either pfizer or moderna because they made me also schedule a 2nd appointment at the same time for a month from now. Glad I'm getting it on the weekend so I can be feeling better by the time I'm back in to work.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 08:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You know it’s a volunteer army right?

So you are fine with corporations requiring vaccinations then right?
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 12:21 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: So you are fine with corporations requiring vaccinations then right?

Yeah. People here suck at gotchas.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 07:57 AM)treee Wrote: Getting my first shot this morning. I know it's either pfizer or moderna because they made me also schedule a 2nd appointment at the same time for a month from now. Glad I'm getting it on the weekend so I can be feeling better by the time I'm back in to work.

If your second dose is scheduled for 3 weeks later its Phizer. If its scheduled for 4 weeks later its Moderna.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 10:02 PM)Beaker Wrote: If your second dose is scheduled for 3 weeks later its Phizer. If its scheduled for 4 weeks later its Moderna.

Good data.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 08:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You know it’s a volunteer army right?

Yep, and that's why kids these days done gone straight hell what with their hula hoops and their hippity hoppity music, bycracky!
Reply/Quote
I'm fully vaccinated.
I'm 2 weeks past my second shot.
No 5G transmissions, yet.

Two days after the first shot, I got cold chills for about 6 hours. The following day, my temperature went up to 100 degrees.

After the second shot, I felt tired with joint ache for 2 days.

No biggie.
Reply/Quote
Second one got me. About ten last night I started feeling different. Now it’s chills, aches, body fatigue, and not quite nausea but a queasy feeling in my stomach.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I had my first moderna shot Monday. Never felt bad. Just extra sleepy for a couple of days. Took naps when I got home from work which I never do.
Reply/Quote
It's the second one, always the second one.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 09:51 AM)Au165 Wrote: It's the second one, always the second one.

I hear that a lot, but it is not always true.

The first shot laid my mom out for a couple of days.  The second shot just made her arm sore.

First shot really didn't bother me at all.  Crossing my fingers and hoping I am lucky with the second.
Reply/Quote
I'm done. Had my second shot and my two weeks after is today. Knock on wood, that's it.
Reply/Quote
Second of Pfizer yesterday. Arm feel like it was lead that got injected, but otherwise normal. Gonna have to cancel the tee time for tomorrow LOL
Reply/Quote
I got my 2nd Pfeizer shot last week, And I guess I'm one of the few people who had no side effects (other than a sore arm for 24 hours) from either shot.

I fully expected to feel like crap after the 2nd one. It was my understanding that if you didn't get side effects from the 1st that most likley meant you never had Covid, but you'd probably feel side effects after the 2nd because your immune system now recgonized the virus. That wasn't the case for me. Felt perfectly fine both times.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 12:29 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I got my 2nd Pfeizer shot last week,  And I guess I'm one of the few people who had no side effects (other than a sore arm for 24 hours) from either shot.

I fully expected to feel like crap after the 2nd one.  It was my understanding that if you didn't get side effects from the 1st that most likley meant you never had Covid, but you'd probably feel side effects after the 2nd because your immune system now recgonized the virus.  That wasn't the case for me.  Felt perfectly fine both times.

It was weird, I had COVID in January and had no side effects with the first shot. 2nd show I had a sore arm and a little bit of a just under the weather feeling. 
Reply/Quote
I got the Johnson & Johnson shot a day before they "paused it". Put me on my ass the next day and then was fine.
Reply/Quote
A guy I work with from time to time's arm is red from the elbow up from his 2nd Moderna shot.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote