Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(10-30-2020, 11:10 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Read and learn

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Politics-and-economics

This is what happens when the government borrows $2.2 trillion and pumps it into the economy.  Bragging about this growth in GDP is like borrowing a million dollars and bragging about being a millionaire.

Or to put it in terms neo cons understand, the USA is like a black rapper or athlete that bankrupts himself via overspending and various short sighted missteps. 

That can also apply to white trash lottery winners if you want to knock both races down a peg. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If people think the "dark winter" stuff is just poppycock they sure aren't going to like this.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 09:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: If people think the "dark winter" stuff is just poppycock they sure aren't going to like this.

Is Minnesota a swing state?  Regan didn't even win that damn state in his two landslides and they haven't gone red since the Nixon landslide in 72.  I don't get why Trump is spending so much time there. Maybe Reagan should have told them they have great genes and that Carter/Mondale would destroy Thanksgiving.
Reply/Quote
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-denmark-mink/denmark-to-cull-entire-herd-of-mink-due-to-risk-of-coronavirus-mutation-tv2-idUSKBN27K1X6?utm_source=reddit.com

This is why "Low Death Rate" is again not a good reason to disregard it. As these things spread they gain the chance to mutate and it appears it has...to a potentially deadlier strain. That said, Denmark is doing what needs to be done by killing off all their mink. Putting that into perspective, they are killing off 1% of their GDP for the good of the world. Americans though still don't know why they can't go to Thanksgiving dinner since it only killed 240k "mostly older" people.
Reply/Quote
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/steve-bannon-anthony-fauci-christopher-wray-head-on-pikes-005741315.html

Quote: Former White House strategist Steve Bannon on Thursday discussed the imagined beheadings of infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci and FBI Director Christopher Wray, saying he would like to put their “heads on pikes” outside the White House as a “warning.”

Bannon described his outrageous scenario on his podcast “War Room: Pandemic” by first characterizing Trump as a “kind-hearted man” who presumably would be opposed to such an action.

But as for Bannon: “I’d actually like to go back to the old times of Tudor England. I’d put the heads on pikes. I’d put them at the two corners of the White House as a warning to federal bureaucrats,” he explained, as Media Matters for America first reported.

Quote: Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, has urged the public to follow strict measures to combat the coronavirus.

In August, he said that Tucker Carlson’s rhetoric on Fox News had prompted “some of the crazies in society to start threatening me.” Fauci is currently protected by extra government security after receiving death threats.

He went on to cite “divisiveness in the country” for further abetting those making threats against him, even though he is just “trying to promote public health principles to save people’s lives,” he said.

Death threats for trying to save lives.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 11:59 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/steve-bannon-anthony-fauci-christopher-wray-head-on-pikes-005741315.html

Death threats for trying to save lives.

Cry Cry Cry

OMG

Cry Cry Cry

so unfair twitter banned another repub
Reply/Quote
https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-wave-152513366.html

100,000 new cases per day. 1,000 deaths per day.

I thought this was supposed to disappear November 4th?
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 05:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-wave-152513366.html

100,000 new cases per day. 1,000 deaths per day.

I thought this was supposed to disappear November 4th?

Yea and it will explode even more after today. Ohio’s virus cases are accelerating really fast if I recall correctly. Think we crossed the 4000 cases in a day mark earlier in the week then 4500 and today over 5500. I have been sidetracked with another recent news story so that may be a little off. But not by much.

Went to buy some celebratory bourbon after work today and there were numerous maskless jackasses
Reply/Quote
The elimination of multiple super spreader events a day across the country from trumps infected campaign team will hopefully slow the spread down a little.
Reply/Quote
Just wanted to jump in here to remind everyone that every 2 days we have the equivalent of a "9/11" in terms of deaths and we still have no federal response plan.

Do yourself a favor and don't gather with family for Thanksgiving. Canada's version is in October and they saw a massive spike following because people gathered with family.
Reply/Quote
99.5% sure I have it. Got tested yesterday and hopefully know by tomorrow. Only one symptom. Loss of smell, and it’s complete. I can’t smell a thing. Nothing. Couldn’t smell gas that I knew was on my hands. Can’t taste anything either. Taste buds still work because I can tell salty and sweet and I assume bitter and sour. Also spicy food still burns.(Thought maybe I could win a free tshirt for eating some crazy hot thing, but no.) But it is really really weird. I mean there isn’t a hint of flavor, and zero smell to anything. Except for lung stuff I’d take pretty much any other symptom than this. But besides that I don’t feel a bit different.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 10:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: 99.5% sure I have it. Got tested yesterday and hopefully know by tomorrow. Only one symptom. Loss of smell, and it’s complete. I can’t smell a thing. Nothing. Couldn’t smell gas that I knew was on my hands. Can’t taste anything either. Taste buds still work because I can tell salty and sweet and I assume bitter and sour. Also spicy food still burns.(Thought maybe I could win a free tshirt for eating some crazy hot thing, but no.) But it is really really weird. I mean there isn’t a hint of flavor, and zero smell to anything. Except for lung stuff I’d take pretty much any other symptom than this. But besides that I don’t feel a bit different.

Oof.  Hope it's a light case for you.  I know someone who lost smell and taste but tested negative and never got it so finger crossed.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 10:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: 99.5% sure I have it. Got tested yesterday and hopefully know by tomorrow. Only one symptom. Loss of smell, and it’s complete. I can’t smell a thing. Nothing. Couldn’t smell gas that I knew was on my hands. Can’t taste anything either. Taste buds still work because I can tell salty and sweet and I assume bitter and sour. Also spicy food still burns.(Thought maybe I could win a free tshirt for eating some crazy hot thing, but no.) But it is really really weird. I mean there isn’t a hint of flavor, and zero smell to anything. Except for lung stuff I’d take pretty much any other symptom than this. But besides that I don’t feel a bit different.

I hope it's not the case, but I'm pulling for you having a quick and full recovery, man! 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 09:18 AM)Au165 Wrote: Just wanted to jump in here to remind everyone that every 2 days we have the equivalent of a "9/11" in terms of deaths and we still have no federal response plan.

Do yourself a favor and don't gather with family for Thanksgiving. Canada's version is in October and they saw a massive spike following because people gathered with family.

All it took were birthday celebrations for my brother's ex wife, and she has it. One of my nephews, my niece, her boyfriend, and several of their friends all have it. Earlier this year, it was all just a news story for me... The last 6 weeks or so, it feels really urgent all of the sudden. Most of those people I mentioned didn't take the whole thing very seriously.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Isn't that 2 symptoms?

Hang in there and quarantine until you get your results. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 09:18 AM)Au165 Wrote: Just wanted to jump in here to remind everyone that every 2 days we have the equivalent of a "9/11" in terms of deaths and we still have no federal response plan.

I already practiced making a turkey in my smoker last week. Ready for 2 person Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Hanukkah this year. 

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 11:47 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I already practiced making a turkey in my smoker last week. Ready for 2 person Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Hanukkah this year. 

Just got a smoker. Never smoked anything before, and I volunteered to smoke the turkey. Been killing time watching videos on smoking turkey.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 10:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oof.  Hope it's a light case for you.  I know someone who lost smell and taste but tested negative and never got it so finger crossed.

Well hell if I ding have it then I’m really going to be worried although I suppose other viruses can cause the same thing.

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2020, 12:41 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Just got a smoker. Never smoked anything before, and I volunteered to smoke the turkey. Been killing time watching videos on smoking turkey.

brined with Worcestershire sauce and McCormick's Sweet and Smokey rub overnight. 

2 hours at 180
1 hour at 220
2 hours at 350 until it was about 175.

Bird was 13lbs, so for a larger bird you may need to go up to 4 hours at 350. 

Tender, juicy, and a great smokey taste.

Reply/Quote
Kick it’s ass Mike.
Reply/Quote