Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coronavirus
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

(07-02-2020, 03:30 PM)GMDino Wrote:

Mellow

[Image: 106700940_686981001879865_20145576319943...e=5F2404FB]
(07-03-2020, 12:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 106700940_686981001879865_20145576319943...e=5F2404FB]

He has bungled the pandemic response so bad that at this point he has to bank on calling it a hoax to hope to win any political capital.

He has spent 5 months telling his base that it’s fake and not to wear masks, so he can change course now.

I heard a woman complain about wearing a mask in the store yesterday. “I’d rather get coronavirus than a paper cut because a paper cut is more harmful”.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
USA f*** yeah. This is a glaring example of American exceptionalism. You managed to make fighting an epidemic by avoiding large groups and wearing masks a divisive bipolar issue. Amazing.
And have a president who conveniently takes both sides while mostly uttering sheer fairy tales and nonsense.
And so, your covid curve shouts out sadness and utter failure for the whole world to see.
What a disaster.

And yeah, still around 40% think Trump, the lone warrior with the silent majority behind him, is doing a great job. Rampaging epidemic? Russian bountys on soldiers and the president won't take notice? Hey what the hell. GREAT job. And sure, he DID mock Biden for wearing a mask, and wasn't that just hilarious. Ha ha ha ha. Hup two three four.

I don't even know what to say. If a conservative spot on the SC or fear of AOC is really more important than to stop this debacle, please check your priorities. From the outside, it's tough to decide whether to cynically laugh or cry. Both sentiments turn overwhelming.
(07-03-2020, 12:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He has bungled the pandemic response so bad that at this point he has to bank on calling it a hoax to hope to win any political capital.

He has spent 5 months telling his base that it’s fake and not to wear masks, so he can change course now.

I heard a woman complain about wearing a mask in the store yesterday. “I’d rather get coronavirus than a paper cut because a paper cut is more harmful”.

I love social media.  I stay in touch with friends, goof off, run a couple pages, etc but sweet Jebus the sheer level of idiocy I see on EVERY post about masks or cases of Covid is maddening.  I have cut WAY back on my time reading such things and put more effort into creating things (writing/videos/etc).

As an aside: When my son graduated I was going to go completely off line for a month.  First time completely offline since we signed on back in 1996.  But Covid and stay at home changed what I needed to do on line and screwed up all our plans.  So the hiatus was pushed back to an undetermined date.  I'm sure there will be many people who will enjoy that.   Smirk
(07-03-2020, 01:10 PM)hollodero Wrote: USA f*** yeah. This is a glaring example of American exceptionalism. You managed to make fighting an epidemic by avoiding large groups and wearing masks a divisive bipolar issue. Amazing.
And have a president who conveniently takes both sides while mostly uttering sheer fairy tales and nonsense.
And so, your covid curve shouts out sadness and utter failure for the whole world to see.
What a disaster.

And yeah, still around 40% think Trump, the lone warrior with the silent majority behind him, is doing a great job. Rampaging epidemic? Russian bountys on soldiers and the president won't take notice? Hey what the hell. GREAT job. And sure, he DID mock Biden for wearing a mask, and wasn't that just hilarious. Ha ha ha ha. Hup two three four.

I don't even know what to say. If a conservative spot on the SC or fear of AOC is really more important than to stop this debacle, please check your priorities. From the outside, it's tough to decide whether to cynically laugh or cry. Both sentiments turn overwhelming.

It really is.

Ask them to wear a mask and they think you're trying to take their guns.

The Republican way right now seems to be everyone can suffer as long as they get tax cuts, can force their (minority) religion on the country and hug their guns at night.
(07-03-2020, 12:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 106700940_686981001879865_20145576319943...e=5F2404FB]

He's not entirely wrong. It will go away when everyone is dead.
(07-03-2020, 01:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: It really is.

Ask them to wear a mask and they think you're trying to take their guns.

The Republican way right now seems to be everyone can suffer as long as they get tax cuts, can force their (minority) religion on the country and hug their guns at night.

Yeah you added hyperboly, I do not mind much, I just wanted to say that this time, I was not being hyperbolic at all.

One day history will tell that a deep inner division was the downfall of the last super power.

I mean, still 40% approval rating. This should seriously be close to single digits at this point and everything else is ridiculous.
(07-03-2020, 01:56 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah you added hyperboly, I do not mind much, I just wanted to say that this time, I was not being hyperbolic at all.

One day history will tell that a deep inner division was the downfall of the last super power.

I mean, still 40% approval rating. This should seriously be close to single digits at this point and everything else is ridiculous.

No, no hyperbole.  The responses start with "you can't make me" and got to "the slow drip of taking away our freedoms".
(07-03-2020, 02:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: No, no hyperbole.  The responses start with "you can't make me" and got to "the slow drip of taking away our freedoms".

Do they really hug their guns at night though.

I mean, that sounds objectively dangerous, if one ot them were to shoot their load.
(07-03-2020, 02:20 PM)hollodero Wrote: Do they really hug their guns at night though.

I mean, that sounds objectively dangerous, if one ot them were to shoot their load.

Oh, just a few.

Ninja
(07-03-2020, 02:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: No, no hyperbole.  The responses start with "you can't make me" and got to "the slow drip of taking away our freedoms".

They look broken inside during day one of our mandatory mask ordinance here in Dayton. If only they could've taken the slightest bit of initiative, and thrown one on indoors on their own it wouldn't have come to this. It's ***** juvenile that they had to be FORCED to wear the damn thing. I just feel bad for the diabetic kid (he has a tattoo on his arm that says he is) standing in front of my grocery store telling people to put them on. I'm sure he's taken some shit for it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021

Spoke with my cousin in Texas yesterday. He'd heard that if someone who was in a room with 10 people tested positive, then they count all the people who had been exposed. I told him that "official" results tally positive tests, not a count of everyone that person was around.

Perhaps people who disregard these numbers, or question them, may receive them accompanied by disinformation which "adjusts" them to fake news.  I've also heard that the gov. pays hospitals more to care for COVID 19 patients, so OBVIOUSLY hospitals double and triple the numbers to get more money.
(07-03-2020, 02:44 PM)jason Wrote: They look broken inside during day one of our mandatory mask ordinance here in Dayton. If only they could've taken the slightest bit of initiative, and thrown one on indoors on their own it wouldn't have come to this. It's ***** juvenile that they had to be FORCED to wear the damn thing. I just feel bad for the diabetic kid (he has a tattoo on his arm that says he is) standing in front of my grocery store telling people to put them on. I'm sure he's taken some shit for it.

Here's the moronic thing. Our governor, a ***** doctor, gave a mask order using his executive powers that is so weak it isn't even enforceable. Businesses put up signs, because they have to, saying "mask required," but right below it has the caveat Northam put in: "if you have a medical reason not to wear one, it will not be required, and because of the ADA we cannot ask you." So over 50% of the people in my area aren't wearing masks like they should and businesses are scared to refuse service without a mask because of threats of violence. Legitimately.

I cracked a joke about this in the jokes and memes thread, but the masks cannot simultaneously be too restrictive to prevent you from breathing but also be so permeable to let the virus through. Doesn't work like that. But that's the logic we are getting in addition to the "muh freedoms!" nonsense. And as a diabetic with asthma, living with my wife who is also at high risk, and my father-in-law who is also at high risk, it's infuriating. Quite frankly, I don't feel safe going to my office right now, but I feel pressured into doing so because nobody else in my department is working from home anymore, but they ain't wearing their ***** masks when they aren't in their personal spaces, either. I have to go visit departments to do audits and I was at one Wednesday. Not a ***** mask in sight beyond the one on my face and the box of reusable masks that are the ones being handed out to every goddamn employee at the university, one for each day of the work week.

I my be a little frustrated.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-03-2020, 01:10 PM)hollodero Wrote: USA f*** yeah. This is a glaring example of American exceptionalism. You managed to make fighting an epidemic by avoiding large groups and wearing masks a divisive bipolar issue. Amazing.
What a disaster.

LOL Sounds like somebody hates us for our freedom.  
(07-03-2020, 03:47 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL Sounds like somebody hates us for our freedom.  

Hm. Yeah, admittedly the obnoxious, and still ongoing, american tendency to wave around with the big number one finger and constantly telling the world how the US is the greatest country in everything makes this disaster even more disastrous.

I mean, I used to largely believe that. Then there came Trump. And now you're just mentally incapable of wearing masks and keeping distance - and so many clueless people, starting from the most clueless lad on top of things, have such a huge amount of horseshit to say about that. It is just amazing.
40% approval. Holy cow.

OK, I'm done until the big relaunch now.
(07-03-2020, 03:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Here's the moronic thing. Our governor, a ***** doctor, gave a mask order using his executive powers that is so weak it isn't even enforceable. Businesses put up signs, because they have to, saying "mask required," but right below it has the caveat Northam put in: "if you have a medical reason not to wear one, it will not be required, and because of the ADA we cannot ask you." So over 50% of the people in my area aren't wearing masks like they should and businesses are scared to refuse service without a mask because of threats of violence. Legitimately.

I cracked a joke about this in the jokes and memes thread, but the masks cannot simultaneously be too restrictive to prevent you from breathing but also be so permeable to let the virus through. Doesn't work like that. But that's the logic we are getting in addition to the "muh freedoms!" nonsense. And as a diabetic with asthma, living with my wife who is also at high risk, and my father-in-law who is also at high risk, it's infuriating. Quite frankly, I don't feel safe going to my office right now, but I feel pressured into doing so because nobody else in my department is working from home anymore, but they ain't wearing their ***** masks when they aren't in their personal spaces, either. I have to go visit departments to do audits and I was at one Wednesday. Not a ***** mask in sight beyond the one on my face and the box of reusable masks that are the ones being handed out to every goddamn employee at the university, one for each day of the work week.

I my be a little frustrated.

I was truly shocked by the 100% compliance in my local grocery store. But hey... My area did a pretty good job of hanging back early on, and had the lowest amount of cases in all of the metro counties in Ohio. We're now one of the "red alert" hot spots. Do who knows? I'd say we were probably somewhere between 30 and 40 % of people wearing masks in public before the order.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021