Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Coughlin has came out swinging against AJ
Ramsey didn't have an opportunity to throw any punches because he was getting that ass body slammed.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 05:46 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I hope that is his logic so I can ask, "Hey Tom, in The Last Boy Scout, that guy shot like 10 people on the field and they didn't throw a flag. Do you think that's within the rules?"

Hmmm, never thought about arming Andy as a solution.  That's one way to stop the pressure up the middle, am I right, Paul?  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 05:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Coughlin's statement seems more about defending his own player, rather than going after AJ.

"I want to voice my support for Jalen Ramsey following the incident in our game on Sunday," Coughlin said in a statement. "Our players are instructed to not retaliate or get involved or do anything that would result in eviction because that would hurt the team. Team comes first, and Jalen was trying to not hurt his team. While he did push his opponent — something that happened with other players during the game — he did not retaliate, he threw no punches, and he did not fight back.

"Jalen was doing what Coach (Doug) Marrone has instructed him to do — which is to play tough, be physical and to make every play difficult for his opponent. There was banter going back and forth during the game, but Jalen was playing football within the rules."

Having said that, I'll still take AJ's word about Ramsey's cheap shots.

Interesting.  Why did 3-6 Jags players come flying in and drill AJ in the back when he was on top of your boy, Tom?  Those actions, by definition, are getting involved and retaliating.  I guess many of the team didn't get the message.  Additionally, Jalen was flagged for his actions as well, thus he was not playing football within the rules.  What's your next lie, Tom?  Guys showing up to a 9:00 meeting at 9:00 are late?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ok, I'm just going to put this out there and I'm sure you will all come to the defense of AJ.

The JAX dude played a good game within the rules and was blanketing AJ. The shove was after the play, but come on people, that was hardly a 'fight initiating push'. If you guys think that was dirty, then Burfict deserves every last suspension he gets.

Dude may have been talking trash, but that isn't illegal, and everything else I saw in the game was within the rules. Refs weren't calling hands to the face, but that isn't Ramsey's fault.

I don't think the Ramsey guy deserves any grief for playing a physical game.

AJ is an elite player who goes full throttle every play. Opposing CBs have seen that being rough with AJ is the best way to stop him. AJ should be good enough/veteran enough to deal with it.

AJ Overreacted, big time.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 09:51 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ok, I'm just going to put this out there and I'm sure you will all come to the defense of AJ.

The JAX dude played a good game within the rules and was blanketing AJ. The shove was after the play, but come on people, that was hardly a 'fight initiating push'. If you guys think that was dirty, then Burfict deserves every last suspension he gets.

Dude may have been talking trash, but that isn't illegal, and everything else I saw in the game was within the rules. Refs weren't calling hands to the face, but that isn't Ramsey's fault.

I don't think the Ramsey guy deserves any grief for playing a physical game.

AJ is an elite player who goes full throttle every play. Opposing CBs have seen that being rough with AJ is the best way to stop him. AJ should be good enough/veteran enough to deal with it.

AJ Overreacted, big time.

No argument there.  But according to the refs, Ramsey had already been warned in the game and was in fact flagged and ejected for instigation.  It was more than just talking trash.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 09:57 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: No argument there.  But according to the refs, Ramsey had already been warned in the game and was in fact flagged and ejected for instigation.  It was more than just talking trash.

Is this a thing? Feel like Burfict would get ejected weekly if this were true.

EX: Barking in Steelers' Nix's face after blowing him up on a run... seems like instigating things!
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 05:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Coughlin's statement seems more about defending his own player, rather than going after AJ.

"I want to voice my support for Jalen Ramsey following the incident in our game on Sunday," Coughlin said in a statement. "Our players are instructed to not retaliate or get involved or do anything that would result in eviction because that would hurt the team. Team comes first, and Jalen was trying to not hurt his team. While he did push his opponent — something that happened with other players during the game — he did not retaliate, he threw no punches, and he did not fight back.

"Jalen was doing what Coach (Doug) Marrone has instructed him to do — which is to play tough, be physical and to make every play difficult for his opponent. There was banter going back and forth during the game, but Jalen was playing football within the rules."

Having said that, I'll still take AJ's word about Ramsey's cheap shots.

Not condoning AJ's behavior, but my first thought when I read the quote was "kind of hard to retaliate when you're in a headlock while being slammed to the ground..."
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 09:41 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Interesting.  Why did 3-6 Jags players come flying in and drill AJ in the back when he was on top of your boy, Tom?  Those actions, by definition, are getting involved and retaliating.  I guess many of the team didn't get the message.  Additionally, Jalen was flagged for his actions as well, thus he was not playing football within the rules.  What's your next lie, Tom?  Guys showing up to a 9:00 meeting at 9:00 are late?

Myles Jack certainly got in a shot.

I think Coughlin loves that this happened - especially as they won and the ejection did not hurt them as much as us...he's building a tough, 'we're in this together' culture at Jags. 

Backing players to the hilt and getting their buy in is all he's interested in ... facts are irrelevant.  Interesting that its him who goes public on this and not the HC too...avoids Marrone getting dragged into it

As I said in another thread this could turn into an ongoing thing now with JAX...they're building a tough, run first, aggressive D squad that needs to play on the edge to make it work. 
Reply/Quote
Regardless that AJ went off and had enough, it was a dumb thing for him to do. I know he is frustrated but you really are no good to us ejected. The act of Ramsey pushing AJ to the ground might have been enough to get him ejected and open the field up for some success for AJ. Also, I hated seeing him throw actual punches. He could have broken his hand on the helmet. I totally understand why AJ went off and don't hold it against him at all. Just seemed like a very ridiculous thing to do. He must have been seeing RED - if so, thought process is totally out the window.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 08:52 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Hmmm, never thought about arming Andy as a solution.  That's one way to stop the pressure up the middle, am I right, Paul?  

I think we just found the solution to our OL problems!  :andy:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 10:02 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Is this a thing? Feel like Burfict would get ejected weekly if this were true.

EX: Barking in Steelers' Nix's face after blowing him up on a run... seems like instigating things!

The instigation was the shove to the ground from behind after the play, not the trash talking.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 11:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The instigation was the shove to the ground from behind after the play, not the trash talking.

Apparently, a shove to the back when you're not looking hard enough to knock you to the ground after the play is over, that's perfectly acceptable to GreenCornBengal.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Here's another way to look at it. If you are walking down the street and someone pushed you from the back to the ground would you not retaliate? Ramsey is nothing but a punk and he said something unacceptable to AJ Green.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 11:53 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Apparently, a shove to the back when you're not looking hard enough to knock you to the ground after the play is over, that's perfectly acceptable to GreenCornBengal.

Yeah, I am totally not understanding why people can't see this. If Burfict would have pushed someone to the ground without looking and someone body slammed him , they would have all pointed his actions out. 

The real reason he is defending his player is because he got his ass slammed and he is embarrassed. Don't think that every time that he talks trash to a receiver now that they wont bring this up! I really doubt that Ramsey could do much anyway.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 01:36 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Here's another way to look at it.  If you are walking down the street and someone pushed you from the back to the ground would you not retaliate?  Ramsey is nothing but a punk and he said something unacceptable to AJ Green.

I read a couple of places of what supposedly Ramsey said, but it can't verified. If true though, I would have killed this punk on the spot myself.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 01:48 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I read a couple of places of what supposedly Ramsey said, but it can't verified. If true though, I would have killed this punk on the spot myself.

A fan supposedly heard Ramsey say something regarding AJ Green's wife.  It wasn't just trash talking Ramsey made it personal.  The alleged fan was in the front row and supposedly could hear the conversations between plays.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 01:51 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: A fan supposedly heard Ramsey say something regarding AJ Green's wife.  It wasn't just trash talking Ramsey made it personal.  The alleged fan was in the front row and supposedly could hear the conversations between plays.

I'm not buying that either. While the "supposed fan" may have been in the front row, that is still a good distance from the playing field, and I don't believe he could hear what two players on the field who are wearing football helmets with facemasks are saying to each other over the crowd noise. While I totally buy that Ramsey was saying something vile, and it probably was about AJ's family, I don't buy for an instant that someone in the stands heard it......
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 10:02 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Is this a thing? Feel like Burfict would get ejected weekly if this were true.

That occured after Nix blew him up from behind after the play.  Not once, but twice!  (Tez kicked hime in the head after the first time)
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 01:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not buying that either. While the "supposed fan" may have been in the front row, that is still a good distance from the playing field, and I don't believe he could hear what two players on the field who are wearing football helmets with facemasks are saying to each other over the crowd noise. While I totally buy that Ramsey was saying something vile, and it probably was about AJ's family, I don't buy for an instant that someone in the stands heard it......

Ditto.  I've been front row several times and you can't even hear everything on the sideline in front of you, much less on the field.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 07:29 PM)kevin Wrote: I'll say what I would have said if any player on any other team had did it.  AJ Green acted like a Thug, a Mug, a Pug, a Criminal.  AJ Green normally is not like this.  I guess everybody has their bad moments.  The only defense for AJ Green is it is a first time as far as I know.  It's not like he acts this way every week.  Maybe his first offense will keep him from getting suspended longer.   AJ Green should be ashamed of himself.  He did not live up to his team leader role in this game.  I really can't say much for Bengals fans who saw it and come to the defense of AJ Green just because he is on the Bengals.   My hope is this is a one time incident and not a new direction AJ Green is going in, because the direction is downhill.  My hope is AJ Green regrets losing his mind on that play, and returns to being a team and NFL leader of higher and better standards of play.   He is better than this.   I certainly will not support or defend his actions on that play, but I do hope it is a one time thing and he learns from it and gets back to the decent player and team leader he has normally been.  I know some fans think our Bengals should be allowed cheap plays, but I am not one of them.  I have a feeling AJ Green is becoming frustrated with how bad this team has became. He never played for THE BUNGLES.  Other players in the past became frustrated on and off the field when the team became THE BUNGLES.   This is no excuse though, and I hope AJ Green returns to being a decent player and team leader.  I know he has been becoming frustrated with how bad THE BUNGLES are, but he is better than his actions Sunday.  There is no defense for AJ Green Sunday.
Oh pull your skirt up, Aj got verbally assaulted and pushed all game, being called soft and week and your career is over. He handled it like a champ, then Mr Ramsey decided, "let me push him to the ground after the whistle". So, Aj heard "FINISH HIM" Dead Horse and opened up a can off whoop a**. If you don't want to get whooped don't go around pushing people to the ground. AJ is not a robot, you can take only so much disrespect before you retaliate, I blame Ramsey and the refs for not giving them a warning and letting it escalate. After the game the ref admitted Ramsey was the instigator. So leave Aj alone, he has not had a fight in 7 years, Ramsey was ejected in another game for doing the same thing he did to AJ, not to mention doing the same thing to Steve Smith last year. That's how scared cornerbacks play great receivers, talk stuff and act tough all the while waiting to get burned. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpofJv56HEU. This video is Jaylen last year talking about Steve Smith.
Reply/Quote