Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Taylor's end be sooner than later?
(12-06-2020, 11:09 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: You clearly are just trying to make an argument out of nothing. We all complained and knew he was going to get hurt, however no one complained about the production he was putting up, hence why he's being exposed without Burrow. 

Read the first sentence of my post above. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 11:30 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Read the first sentence and take your gaslighting elsewhere.

That isn’t what he was saying. He hasn’t been a fan of ZT at all. What he is referring to is that earlier in the season, there were people who were getting the idea that maybe ZT is a bad HC, but his play calling and schemes were quality. Nicomo is saying that this was never true, and that any positive qualities that someone perceived ZT to have was due to Burrow being Burrow.

You’re being an absolute dick about this when you haven’t even understood his point. That is what is unfortunate.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 11:31 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Read the first sentence of my post above. 

I did, now you read my post. Come on man, quit arguing just to argue. You're the only one who thinks you make sense. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 11:31 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Read the first sentence of my post above. 

You claimed Taylor’s offense was being exposed even with Burrow, I countered with the fact that Burrow was so good he was making people think Taylor was improving as a play caller. But it was clearly all Joe Burrow. Taylor has sucked as an OC with every other QB not named Burrow including with Dalton, in Miami, and UC. You were wrong. Move on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 11:39 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: That isn’t what he was saying. He hasn’t been a fan of ZT at all. What he is referring to is that earlier in the season, there were people who were getting the idea that maybe ZT is a bad HC, but his play calling and schemes were quality. Nicomo is saying that this was never true, and that any positive qualities that someone perceived ZT to have was due to Burrow being Burrow.

You’re being an absolute dick about this when you haven’t even understood his point. That is what is unfortunate.

Bingo. Thanks, Goose. I’m glad everyone but mcneil seems to understand.

Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor is all reality would make a decent high school football
Coach in the Texas 8 on 8 football
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 10:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Interesting as SI writes that the front office has questioned his offensive strategy.  Calling Taylor the "fall guy" for Burrow's demise seems like a polite way of saying that it's the beginning of the end for Zac Taylor in Cincinnati.

I have no confidence in Mike brown and the clueless front office that they will fire Taylor this offseason. They are just content with a team "showing up"
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 08:22 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Zac Taylor is an embarrassment to the sport. To save face they should fire him today. The players, the fans, the city and the sports world in general all deserve better than the ridiculous shit he's putting out there.

What his vision is is working. We are just one play away from winning. And when that happens it is going to be great. Zack believes in his plan and vision and nothing you say will change that.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 09:10 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I'll take anything over what we have. Anything.

Even the jets? I guess for draft position.
Reply/Quote
'Second-half meltdowns have become as synonymous with this franchise as stripes.

The 25 second-half yards equaled the fifth-fewest in the league since 2013, tying the Bengals with … wait for it … the 2020 Bengals from Week 11.'

- Jay Morrison
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 01:27 AM)chopperbobby Wrote: Zack believes in his plan and vision and nothing you say will change that.

People still believe the world is flat too, and nothing I say can change that either.  They're still morons.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 02:09 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: 'Second-half meltdowns have become as synonymous with this franchise as stripes.

The 25 second-half yards equaled the fifth-fewest in the league since 2013, tying the Bengals with … wait for it … the 2020 Bengals from Week 11.'

- Jay Morrison

Goodness. 

He's not doing his job. Period. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Still hasn’t won a road game.

Reply/Quote
When I see articles like this I usually attribute it to the media seeing what they think they should see under the circumstances. The Bengals front office has always been incredibly resistant to the conventional wisdom from outside so I try not to get my hopes up.

But we did seem to see a more determined effort to generate a ground game today, even if the results were laughable. So maybe forces are moving behind the scenes.

I just hope the front office doesn't chalk it up to a terrible offensive line (who could have predicted it?!) and give Taylor one of Mike Browns patented second chances.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 02:09 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: 'Second-half meltdowns have become as synonymous with this franchise as stripes.

- Jay Morrison

Good thing we have an offensive minded HC  Shocked
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 09:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There was very little criticism of Taylor as a play caller when Burrow was out there putting up 300+yds and 30 points multiple times. Now we can barely cross midfield. If not for a Miami DB taking a bad angle on the Boyd TD we probably get shutout today.

Like I said, Burrow was carrying this offense. There’s really no refuting that.

(12-06-2020, 11:09 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: You clearly are just trying to make an argument out of nothing. We all complained and knew he was going to get hurt, however no one complained about the production he was putting up, hence why he's being exposed without Burrow. 

(12-06-2020, 11:39 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: That isn’t what he was saying. He hasn’t been a fan of ZT at all. What he is referring to is that earlier in the season, there were people who were getting the idea that maybe ZT is a bad HC, but his play calling and schemes were quality. Nicomo is saying that this was never true, and that any positive qualities that someone perceived ZT to have was due to Burrow being Burrow.

The first sentence in Nico's post is an out right false truth, or lie, whichever you choose.
The guy will use any narrative to fit his agenda.

"There was very little criticism of Taylor as a play caller when Burrow was out there putting up 300+ yards and 30 points multiple times." ....?????  That's a complete BS statement. There were plenty of us still "criticising" Taylor at that time. 
And, what we were saying is that he was going to get The Cincinnati Bengals Franchise QB hurt. He accomplished exactly that. 

I realize that reiterating a quoted statement, right there for everyone to read, may be too much for some to comprehend. 

Ts, I only wish y'all the very best in life. However, you may wanna read product warning labels slowly and more than once. Maybe get your significant others to help you enunciate the words and help with definitions.

Might I suggest an English Language refresher course?

What he's actually saying is that he was ok with Zac as long as his boy JB was throwing for 300 per. Now that Zac's inability to adjust has injured Joe; Zac's all bad! Spoiler Alert: Zac was pretty damn bad even when JB was making plays. 
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 11:27 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: The first sentence in Nico's post is an out right false truth, or lie, whichever you choose.
The guy will use any narrative to fit his agenda.

"There was very little criticism of Taylor as a play caller when Burrow was out there putting up 300+ yards and 30 points multiple times." ....?????  That's a complete BS statement. There were plenty of us still "criticising" Taylor at that time. 
And, what we were saying is that he was going to get The Cincinnati Bengals Franchise QB hurt. He accomplished exactly that. 

I realize that reiterating a quoted statement, right there for everyone to read, may be too much for some to comprehend. 

Ts, I only wish y'all the very best in life. However, you may wanna read product warning labels slowly and more than once. Maybe get your significant others to help you enunciate the words and help with definitions.

Might I suggest an English Language refresher course?

What he's actually saying is that he was ok with Zac as long as his boy JB was throwing for 300 per. Now that Zac's inability to adjust has injured Joe; Zac's all bad! Spoiler Alert: Zac was pretty damn bad even when JB was making plays. 

Calm down bro. You're hurting yourself. I hope you aren't losing sleep over this, because you might need to get some help. When you're the only one who reads it that way, you MAY be the one who is wrong. Just an FYI. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 06:47 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: He should be gone tonight. There’s no good reason to keep him around and no excuse for how bad things have gotten. He doesn’t have the respect of his players, and has lost this team. Couple that with the horrendous performance (4-23-1), and I just don’t see how you could justify keeping him.

Yeah, I've seen enough, but the players are still playing hard....and we got jobbed out of 10 points yesterday in the 1st half. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 07:19 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: But when you say it that way, it sounds a bit...intriguing, in a swingers' convention kind of way. 

As a fan of this team for 40+ years, like some of you, I'm no stranger to lost seasons.  I cant count the numbers of times, like this season, that the season was effectively over by Halloween.  But damn, even in the depths of the dozen-year "lost decade," I don't know that I ever felt this bad about the prospects for this team going forward.  We're like Jack and Rose hanging onto the stern of the Titanic, and there's only one direction we're going.  

Well, we're all 20 plus years older now, lol. That optimism we had back then has long since been beaten out of us. LMAO 

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 07:43 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I think Dolphins overreacted, but Thomas hit the player too early. Timed it wrong, which the one before he time perfectly and should not have been flagged. Grant started calling for flag, then decided to go down and act like he was really hurt, and was out for the repunt a play later and was trying to pump up crowd. It was a penalty, but it was not malicious from my perspective. 

Flores then crossed all the way to our sideline like he was gonna take out Taylor. Everyone cheering him on, saying it was great. Ugly game, ZT should be fired, but that was way more of an overreaction just like ejecting both Boyd and Howard. Terrible reffing entire game. Like God awful. 

This....I feel like Thomas was just trying to make something happen. The last one was executed perfectly aside from the timing. Shoulder to the gut, head to the side, hit lift and drive. He was just a shade early. 

Officials were TERRIBLE, and I rarely call them out. However, they literally took 10 points off the board for us in the 1st half. Flores is the asshole on this one.... 

Reply/Quote